This topic is closed

New Units! Collect Denarii To Hire Advanced Roman Warriors!

17 Replies
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
22 January, 2015, 3:37 PM UTC

New Units!
Collect Denarii To Hire Advanced Roman Warriors!

Archons!

Even the bravest Spartans recognize when they are in need of assistance. From this day forth, all Archons will be able to sign new Agreements with outside Cities and hire advanced Roman Units.

Simply go to the Argentarium to exchange Bronze and Timber for Denarii – both are required to hire ALL Roman Warrior Units.

If you are in need of further assistance, refer to the game Guide and check the "Denarii — Overview" section for more details.

Heed this message and use the information wisely Archons – this could be the difference between victory and defeat!

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
Gaius Julius Caesar
22 January, 2015, 5:04 PM UTC

The new roman units are a breaking point for the game in chosing the agreements....they are making the game absolutely earthshaker.... now players upon reaching the crete agreement have a choice.... going after greek troop agreements and greek unit deployment.... or going after romans, to the max with some carthaginian support along the way.... the game is after all rather dinamic so there wont be time to go after both the agreement lines.... choices have to made and with much care.Go for Greece up till Agemas or transform your army into a proffesional roman legion.As for me there is no doubt which side i'm taking :D.These troops bring much needed ballance in favour of Rome and battles will rage all over the global map for the roman colonies.... so the game just turned into a huge rome vs. greece vs. persian vs. coalitions melee... My senciere congrats for the developers upon untroducing these troops.... good job men.... nicely done!One suggestion if i may.... if some new profile avatars could be introduced with more greek and/or roman faces that will be a nice turn too.

UTC +0:00
COOLIO
22 January, 2015, 5:54 PM UTC

Great summary, Julius Caesar! I look forward to carefully deciding which path I may take and to fighting a whole new class of warriors! 

UTC +0:00
ray
22 January, 2015, 6:16 PM UTC

best of all

UTC +0:00
Tryfon Raptis
22 January, 2015, 7:39 PM UTC

Based on the agreement path, Antioch is available if you have agreed Stymphalos Lvl 4.  If you sign Antioch via Stymphalos Lvl 4, will the path then offer you Genoa and Cannes?

UTC +0:00
GDHeka
22 January, 2015, 11:03 PM UTC

To get Antioch you need to have both Stymphalos Lvl 4 AND Genoa. For Cannes you need Antioch and Sparta. 

 

I wonder if there is a bug in Venator stats. It is more expensive, have less scout value, less def value and it slower than Equite. So I don't see any reason to ever build any Venators. 

UTC +0:00
Minotaurus
23 January, 2015, 12:27 AM UTC

AVE, ROMA, MORITURI TE SALUTANT!

 

S.P.Q.R. !!!

Senatus Populusque Romanus (The Roman People and Senate)

UTC +0:00
COOLIO
23 January, 2015, 2:32 AM UTC

Dear King Leonidas, It appears that in order to sign an agreement with Cannes or Rome, among other things, one needs first to sign an agreement with Sparta. But in order to sign with Sparta, it appears one needs to sign an agreement with Pella. Does this essentially mean that before Cannes or Rome may be signed, one would need to sign agreements with the whole Greek Army and Roman Army? Thank you in advance. 

UTC +0:00
DECEBAL
23 January, 2015, 6:55 PM UTC

I don,t think is a good idea with 2 roman cavalery for spy.90% from players not have more scouts .question is simple why we need other troops for spy? Really i wait more cavalery units for defence not for spy.

decebal
UTC +0:00
alex11
4 February, 2015, 1:25 PM UTC

DECEBAL said:

I don,t think is a good idea with 2 roman cavalery for spy.90% from players not have more scouts .question is simple why we need other troops for spy? Really i wait more cavalery units for defence not for spy.

 

UTC +0:00
APACHE_CHOPPER
6 February, 2015, 3:28 AM UTC

and so we buy romans now HA! spartans are elite warriors romans are fat yellow bellied cows XD (lol ill buy some)

UTC +0:00
Riplaki
6 February, 2015, 4:50 AM UTC

alex11 said:

DECEBAL said:

I don,t think is a good idea with 2 roman cavalery for spy.90% from players not have more scouts .question is simple why we need other troops for spy? Really i wait more cavalery units for defence not for spy.

 

 

japroinovador
UTC +0:00
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
9 February, 2015, 7:13 PM UTC

Archon Gaius Julius Caesar, thank you for your positive feedback regarding new Units.

By the way, I forwarded your suggestion for new avatars to our designers. I hope they will add new pictures in the nearest future!

Gaius Julius Caesar said:

The new roman units are a breaking point for the game in chosing the agreements....they are making the game absolutely earthshaker.... now players upon reaching the crete agreement have a choice.... going after greek troop agreements and greek unit deployment.... or going after romans, to the max with some carthaginian support along the way.... the game is after all rather dinamic so there wont be time to go after both the agreement lines.... choices have to made and with much care.Go for Greece up till Agemas or transform your army into a proffesional roman legion.As for me there is no doubt which side i'm taking :D.These troops bring much needed ballance in favour of Rome and battles will rage all over the global map for the roman colonies.... so the game just turned into a huge rome vs. greece vs. persian vs. coalitions melee... My senciere congrats for the developers upon untroducing these troops.... good job men.... nicely done!One suggestion if i may.... if some new profile avatars could be introduced with more greek and/or roman faces that will be a nice turn too.

 

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
9 February, 2015, 7:17 PM UTC

Coolio, you are correct. You should be signing Agreements in particular order, one by one.

COOLIO said:

Dear King Leonidas, It appears that in order to sign an agreement with Cannes or Rome, among other things, one needs first to sign an agreement with Sparta. But in order to sign with Sparta, it appears one needs to sign an agreement with Pella. Does this essentially mean that before Cannes or Rome may be signed, one would need to sign agreements with the whole Greek Army and Roman Army? Thank you in advance. 

 

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
Basileus Leonidas
Administrator
9 February, 2015, 7:23 PM UTC

Decebal, the point is in having multiple choices. Every Archon may choose the type of Scouts that have the best fit in their army.

DECEBAL said:

I don,t think is a good idea with 2 roman cavalery for spy.90% from players not have more scouts .question is simple why we need other troops for spy? Really i wait more cavalery units for defence not for spy.

 

War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left.
UTC +0:00
TheElitePhantom
9 February, 2015, 7:23 PM UTC

Basileus Leonidas said:

Coolio, you are correct. You should be signing Agreements in particular order, one by one.

COOLIO said:

Dear King Leonidas, It appears that in order to sign an agreement with Cannes or Rome, among other things, one needs first to sign an agreement with Sparta. But in order to sign with Sparta, it appears one needs to sign an agreement with Pella. Does this essentially mean that before Cannes or Rome may be signed, one would need to sign agreements with the whole Greek Army and Roman Army? Thank you in advance. 

 

Actually, you need to sign all the Greek agreements up to Sparta, and all the Carthage agreements. None of the original Roman agreements (Capua to Ephesus) are required for the advanced Roman units, which seems odd.

UTC +0:00
pol
22 February, 2015, 5:20 PM UTC

Basileus Leonidas said:

New Units!
Collect Denarii To Hire Advanced Roman Warriors!

Archons!

Even the bravest Spartans recognize when they are in need of assistance. From this day forth, all Archons will be able to sign new Agreements with outside Cities and hire advanced Roman Units.

Simply go to the Argentarium to exchange Bronze and Timber for Denarii – both are required to hire ALL Roman Warrior Units.

If you are in need of further assistance, refer to the game Guide and check the "Denarii — Overview" section for more details.

Heed this message and use the information wisely Archons – this could be the difference between victory and defeat!

 

UTC +0:00
joshuajamesburge
26 February, 2015, 6:09 AM UTC

Beseiging an empire may end in victory or defeat. Victorious colonization requires advancing defending troops into the city and capturing the garrison. Use the tracker to collect your loot. The more colonies you possess, the faster and farther your troops can travel. 

 

Be careful who you ally with, and make your decisions wisely.

 

Warriors! To battle!

UTC +0:00
1723461 users registered; 42956 topics; 270700 posts; our newest member:arale1997ramirez26s