Back to PP - still believe it is not rigged?

49 Replies
tsunwu85rsa
31 May, 2017, 6:15 AM UTC

What many people seem to miss are the following:

1: Your maximum payout becomes available once you have lost units at the PPs (net of your smaller than maximum gains) that is a little more than the value of your previous maximum payout.

2: The level of a persian position determines how much value can be paid out at that position.

Therefore, if you want to trigger your maximum payout, it is important that you hit positions of the right level and at the right time. If you do not do this, your payout will be less than your maximum available and will also be less than what you invested to that point. However, the part of your maximum available payout that you did not receive, is not lost, it just gets rolled over and remains invested. Even if it gets rolled over, you still need to hit the right level positions at the right time to get your maximum payout out of the system. This is the main reason why many players say that the system is rigged, because they get a partial of their maximum payout because they aren't hitting the right positions at the right times.

Even once you understand the above, it is not trivial to get a maximum payout out of the PPs, because it then becomes a case of trying to set up the positions board correctly to give you positions that allows your maximum payout to be triggered. (This is further complicated if you have a preference of offense over defense units.) But you cannot control this perfectly. About 1 in 5 times, I also need to live without a maximum payout because the board didn't work out for me, despite my best and most accurate efforts. But I get those units that did not pay out back when I hit my maximum payout again, not because the next maximum payout is bigger, but because I get there quicker since I've still got some "investment" leftover in the PPs after a partial payout. 

The problem with explanations of PPs that you see in forums (including mine) is that it is incomplete. A player needs to be spend a LOT of time to put together a robust and complete explanation of PPs for others to pick up that will work. This really isn't practical for most people. The only way, IMO, to get to grips with PPs is to do the following:

1: Accept that you are wrong when you say the PP system is rigged. It's is not rigged, you just don't know how to play it.

2: Research (start off with google) the Persian Position Bank system. Read as much as you can about it.

3: Pull out the spreadsheets (better yet, create your own) and start recording your positions data in line with what you learned in your research.

4: After you played many positions (perhaps 50-100), start analysing your positions data, and you will pick up the patterns and the research you've done will be put into perspective.

5: Keep experimenting and learning until you've got it.

Points 1-5 is the only way IMO to get to grips with positions. This will not take a few days, it will take months.

An important related point is whether positions are worth playing for you:

1: The best I am able to consistently achieve is about 50% to 85% gains in terms of unit production time on PPs. For example, if all the units I let die at positions took me 1,000 hours to build, then everything I got back (including tournament rewards) equates to units that took 1,500 to 1,850 hours to build. I believe that if you play positions perfectly (and there is a lot more to it than I explained, which you can pick up in points 1-5), then that is about what you are looking at in terms of maximum profitability.

2: If you just want to get rid of low level units and exchange them for higher level ones, then you don't need to be as scientific about how you approach positions. Many people are happy if, for example, they lost 1,000 hours of swordsman, but got 250 hours of Agema back. Even though they move backwards in terms of overall unit building time, that is still a good deal for them.

3: If you are a heavy coiner, then positions is the best way to build hundreds of millions to billions of offense and defense. This is because you then play the positions perfectly but also revive your losses. So it operates like double payouts all the time. You cannot do the same with PvP rewards, because the rewards simply aren't big enough to allow you to make huge gains on revival of units.

For me personally, I don't spend much money on the game, which is why I play option 1 above because it is the best way available to me to grow my army. If you want to go for option 1 as well, and after reading this email, you continue to look for answers on forums, stop, your wasting your time - points 1-5 at the top, is the way to go.

UTC +7:00
knigochey
31 May, 2017, 6:57 AM UTC

Kakos said:

knigochey said:

These are not "rewards", these are tiny pieces of what I "invested". 

Your rewards/investments returns are worth over 360m resources.

If these represent "tiny pieces" of what you have invested then is reasonablo to assume that you invested well over 1 billion.

If you are not a coiner is hard to imagine how is this possible..

Now you are pretending to not understand the context. You seem to manage to disregard the Alyona's post I responded to "you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)" Or maybe you are implying 360 mil comes "on each PP"? 

I do not know why you are doing your palrium "advocacy": for salary or maybe some in-game perks. You do that poorly, though.

UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
31 May, 2017, 7:50 AM UTC
knigochey said

Now you are pretending to not understand the context. You seem to manage to disregard the Alyona's post I responded to "you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)" Or maybe you are implying 360 mil comes "on each PP"? 

I do not know why you are doing your palrium "advocacy": for salary or maybe some in-game perks. You do that poorly, though.

I have an impression that your only intention is to troll people on forum. Please be a bit more constructive and re-read our forum rules 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Kakos
31 May, 2017, 9:05 AM UTC

knigochey said:

Kakos said:

knigochey said:

These are not "rewards", these are tiny pieces of what I "invested". 

Your rewards/investments returns are worth over 360m resources.

If these represent "tiny pieces" of what you have invested then is reasonablo to assume that you invested well over 1 billion.

If you are not a coiner is hard to imagine how is this possible..

Never mind context the question still stands:

Where did all these resources come from? Your city is a dump.. maybe you should "invest" in your resources production instead of spending all your money on PPs so you can say that you play high levels..

You are right about one thing though.. I should be fired for doing such a poor job defending Plarium.. lol

But you see, instead of "doing my job" and telling you off any time you go on about your silly conspiracy theories and your persecution complex, never mind your exaggerated self-importance in thinking that out of all these thousands (millions?) of players you are the only one selected for persecution, I actually find your posts quite amusing and I'm certain I'm not the only one!

Btw.. if you like to see a nice city, please come and have a look at X:-1700 Y:-2135
Vae victis
UTC +9:00
Matt LOP
31 May, 2017, 2:12 PM UTC
Kakos. you are right, you aren't the only one 
UTC +1:00
Dracos
31 May, 2017, 5:56 PM UTC
Kakos is just a puppet of Plarium that wants to brainwash us masses into thinking Plarium isn't cheating when in fact it is. You see all those Ps in his posts? What's the logo of Plarium? The letter P. Coincidence? I think not! Plarium confirmed.
UTC +5:00
Kakos
31 May, 2017, 10:49 PM UTC
Dracos said:

Kakos is just a puppet of Plarium that wants to brainwash us masses into thinking Plarium isn't cheating when in fact it is. You see all those Ps in his posts? What's the logo of Plarium? The letter P. Coincidence? I think not! Plarium confirmed.
Damn.. I knew I should've done something about those Ps.. dead giveaway there..
Vae victis
UTC +9:00
ashishjoseph22
2 June, 2017, 5:36 AM UTC

knigochey said:

ashishjoseph22 said:

How many positions have you completed since the time you started getting less returns? 

a friend of mine started recording all positions he did in spreadsheet with all the payouts he got, his bank was in the negative until he had completed around 800 positions, he then got all his troops back.

are you serious about 800 positions? that is as long as life :)

And before hitting, I scout and record every position but those below lvl10 then I choose my troops  according to the enemy alignment 

But as  said, my total is 165 mil points - so definitely I hit more than 800 life time PP. 

however, it is hard to overcome the Plarium settings that are apparently very hostile to ordinary players  

See 800 positions was by one player i know, he is a veteran player and started recording it very recently, he completed 800 in one month. So the record of the previous positions are not there in which he might have earned a profit or loss. Anyway, the payout has become random so the chance of hitting your full bank value has also become random. With computer coding i can decrease your chance of getting anything by 99% if I like, so if you are lucky to get into the 1% you would get the reward I create. Plarium possibly might be using this method, the actual things are all hidden, its no use to keep on predicting as there are so many variable involved in calculation right now that this task is best left to einstien.

What should be focused on right now  are the pros and cons you get by completing a position, Generals fully upgraded would give you better stats then anything else in the game. The position pvp is there, check your losses and rewards, create a short term plan, dont worry about long term. You never know where you are in the long term.
Look at a Diamond, the hardest thing in the world, yet so transparent
UTC +5:00
Alfred E. Neuman
20 June, 2017, 5:45 AM UTC

ashishjoseph22 said:

You never know where you are in the long term.

"In the long run we're all dead." 
-Keynes

Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
The Irate Penguin
20 June, 2017, 6:50 AM UTC

Alfred E. Neuman said:

"In the long run we're all dead." 
-Keynes

At least you quoted Keynes and not Murray Rothbard ;-).

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
1658908 users registered; 33393 topics; 251736 posts; our newest member:Monah 89