All Categories

Back to PP - still believe it is not rigged?

Back to PP - still believe it is not rigged?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
May 25, 2017, 23:1905/25/17
01/10/16

knigochey said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

knigochey said:

Here are examples of decent payout 

http://prntscr.com/fbt6z8

http://prntscr.com/fbt9wm

Not bad! What were the PP levels?

147 and 142.

But that is once 4-6 months. Usually, Plarium is doing this: 

http://prntscr.com/fc5dji

34K of Thorakites...16K of Promachos???

We now interrupt this thread so that Mick can go and cry! I wish I knew how to play PP's and get those results.

Well done knigochey...Well Done!!

May 26, 2017, 00:2605/26/17
May 26, 2017, 00:26(edited)
03/19/15

Mick13000 said:

knigochey said:

knigochey said:

Here are examples of decent payout 

http://prntscr.com/fbt6z8

http://prntscr.com/fbt9wm

Not bad! What were the PP levels?

147 and 142.

34K of Thorakites...16K of Promachos???

We now interrupt this thread so that Mick can go and cry! I wish I knew how to play PP's and get those results.

Well done knigochey...Well Done!!

Mick, actually it was more than 34.5 k and 16.7k, because next hit of another PP with very small amount of Persian leftovers gave me several thousand  more Promachos in addition to Trojans and Thureos in addition to Promos respectively. 

Those payouts happened to me at my game and to my friend I am helping. Most important: be very skeptical about anything you hear.  Even Alyona admits to not know many if not most answers. And even if she knew, Plarium can change anything in a minute. You are not just opposing Persians, Plarium is your most unfriendly opponent, throwing at you cheating, omissions, constant rules/settings change, favoritism, etc. 

Just imagine you came to a city, where traffic seems impossibly chaotic and unpredictable. Your very survival depends of understanding those weird rules that probably are designed in order to help local Funeral House to run very lucrative business. And they get altered every time the business wants. You are trying to get those rules - but the City Spokesperson Alyona tells you: traffic laws are city secret. Die safely, Mick :)

And as I said earlier, they are treating different players differently. They stopped replacing large lvl PP for me, which is a huge impediment, and they stopped giving small PP to my friend :)

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 26, 2017, 07:1305/26/17
09/17/15
knigochey said:

147 and 142.

That's because you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)
May 27, 2017, 03:5505/27/17
03/19/15

knigochey said:

147 and 142.

That's because you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)
These are not "rewards", these are tiny pieces of what I "invested". 
May 27, 2017, 09:5705/27/17
May 27, 2017, 09:59(edited)
04/13/16

i got   a month or so ago .. an similar payout at an level 53 positions ..after i lost   a lot of troups and  revive some with drachmas  ...was my  only big payout ..till now 

Anyhow .. you will not win  with those persians  ... free army ..only lose :) ...You can only upgrade  youre troups ..from light  ...>  cavalary  ,  and have some rewards from tournaments ...and from time to time glitches wich make youre  day miserable or week ..like they made mine  
May 28, 2017, 07:1505/28/17
03/30/15
Zsolt Antal said:

i got   a month or so ago .. an similar payout at an level 53 positions ..after i lost   a lot of troups and  revive some with drachmas  ...was my  only big payout ..till now 

Anyhow .. you will not win  with those persians  ... free army ..only lose :) ...You can only upgrade  youre troups ..from light  ...>  cavalary  ,  and have some rewards from tournaments ...and from time to time glitches wich make youre  day miserable or week ..like they made mine  
Those "glitches" are not glitches, at least in most cases. They are intended - so you spend money
May 29, 2017, 09:2205/29/17
May 29, 2017, 09:22(edited)
09/17/15
knigochey said:

Sure, you can call them mini-rewards or tiny pieces. The fact is that they can be received on (almost) any PP. And the fact that you received them doesn't mean that you won't receive a bigger reward. You will, just not this time. They are not a substitution for big rewards, they are a substitution for zero rewards.
May 29, 2017, 20:3405/29/17
03/19/15

knigochey said:

Sure, you can call them mini-rewards or tiny pieces. The fact is that they can be received on (almost) any PP. And the fact that you received them doesn't mean that you won't receive a bigger reward. You will, just not this time. They are not a substitution for big rewards, they are a substitution for zero rewards.

These talking points remind me what failing financial institutions force their employees to tell the customers: you want your money back? Here is a "reward" 5% of your money. That "doesn't mean that you won't receive a bigger reward. You will, just not this time." 

Was there already, Alyona.   
May 30, 2017, 07:5205/30/17
09/17/15
knigochey said:

These talking points remind me what failing financial institutions force their employees to tell the customers: you want your money back? Here is a "reward" 5% of your money. That "doesn't mean that you won't receive a bigger reward. You will, just not this time." 

PPs are not a financial institution, and shouldn't be treated like they are. None of the official statements about PPs mentioned that you get something back from them. You receive a reward for doing PPs, just that.
May 30, 2017, 09:0505/30/17
09/17/15

knigochey said:

PPs are not a financial institution, and shouldn't be treated like they are. None of the official statements about PPs mentioned that you get something back from them. You receive a reward for doing PPs, just that.
you guys are just scamming your own players in this goddam persian positions, JUST THAT
May 30, 2017, 11:1705/30/17
05/13/15

Zsolt Antal said:

Level 49    position  ...in wich i didn't sent the army  to it ..but don't know how happened my  game freezed ..and guys from support don't respond ..for two days :( ...lost   after that almost 40 k drachmas to revive ..and of course     didn't get all my army back ..after doing positions  not to say the drachmas lost :(  ...and a lot of time ... me one  intended to attack an level 43 offensive positions ...how  this could happen  :( 

Condolence

May 30, 2017, 11:1805/30/17
05/13/15
kjm said:

OK . I see. Yes that is a difficult situation.  Some time ago I sent some troops to the wrong PP. It was just a low level PP. But my mistake got some shocking results too.
Really? Maybe I should try to do that some time.
May 30, 2017, 20:3805/30/17
May 30, 2017, 20:41(edited)
03/19/15

knigochey said:

"Official statement" means little to a court. If it establishes a criminal intent - that is enough. Their concept is: "what reasonable expectations the customer had?"  Reasonable expectation is that at least what was "invested" comes back, plus reward. Plarium has been intentionally using the word "reward", while  stealing the "assets" in various ways, including undisclosed fees. That is criminal intent. Advise them to consult American lawyers - that is where plarium is going to be hit from.
May 31, 2017, 02:1405/31/17
May 31, 2017, 06:45(edited)
07/12/15

knigochey said:

Your rewards/investments returns are worth over 360m resources.

If these represent "tiny pieces" of what you have invested then is reasonablo to assume that you invested well over 1 billion.

If you are not a coiner is hard to imagine how is this possible..

May 31, 2017, 06:1505/31/17
May 31, 2017, 07:21(edited)
08/13/16

What many people seem to miss are the following:

1: Your maximum payout becomes available once you have lost units at the PPs (net of your smaller than maximum gains) that is a little more than the value of your previous maximum payout.

2: The level of a persian position determines how much value can be paid out at that position.

Therefore, if you want to trigger your maximum payout, it is important that you hit positions of the right level and at the right time. If you do not do this, your payout will be less than your maximum available and will also be less than what you invested to that point. However, the part of your maximum available payout that you did not receive, is not lost, it just gets rolled over and remains invested. Even if it gets rolled over, you still need to hit the right level positions at the right time to get your maximum payout out of the system. This is the main reason why many players say that the system is rigged, because they get a partial of their maximum payout because they aren't hitting the right positions at the right times.

Even once you understand the above, it is not trivial to get a maximum payout out of the PPs, because it then becomes a case of trying to set up the positions board correctly to give you positions that allows your maximum payout to be triggered. (This is further complicated if you have a preference of offense over defense units.) But you cannot control this perfectly. About 1 in 5 times, I also need to live without a maximum payout because the board didn't work out for me, despite my best and most accurate efforts. But I get those units that did not pay out back when I hit my maximum payout again, not because the next maximum payout is bigger, but because I get there quicker since I've still got some "investment" leftover in the PPs after a partial payout. 

The problem with explanations of PPs that you see in forums (including mine) is that it is incomplete. A player needs to be spend a LOT of time to put together a robust and complete explanation of PPs for others to pick up that will work. This really isn't practical for most people. The only way, IMO, to get to grips with PPs is to do the following:

1: Accept that you are wrong when you say the PP system is rigged. It's is not rigged, you just don't know how to play it.

2: Research (start off with google) the Persian Position Bank system. Read as much as you can about it.

3: Pull out the spreadsheets (better yet, create your own) and start recording your positions data in line with what you learned in your research.

4: After you played many positions (perhaps 50-100), start analysing your positions data, and you will pick up the patterns and the research you've done will be put into perspective.

5: Keep experimenting and learning until you've got it.

Points 1-5 is the only way IMO to get to grips with positions. This will not take a few days, it will take months.

An important related point is whether positions are worth playing for you:

1: The best I am able to consistently achieve is about 50% to 85% gains in terms of unit production time on PPs. For example, if all the units I let die at positions took me 1,000 hours to build, then everything I got back (including tournament rewards) equates to units that took 1,500 to 1,850 hours to build. I believe that if you play positions perfectly (and there is a lot more to it than I explained, which you can pick up in points 1-5), then that is about what you are looking at in terms of maximum profitability.

2: If you just want to get rid of low level units and exchange them for higher level ones, then you don't need to be as scientific about how you approach positions. Many people are happy if, for example, they lost 1,000 hours of swordsman, but got 250 hours of Agema back. Even though they move backwards in terms of overall unit building time, that is still a good deal for them.

3: If you are a heavy coiner, then positions is the best way to build hundreds of millions to billions of offense and defense. This is because you then play the positions perfectly but also revive your losses. So it operates like double payouts all the time. You cannot do the same with PvP rewards, because the rewards simply aren't big enough to allow you to make huge gains on revival of units.

For me personally, I don't spend much money on the game, which is why I play option 1 above because it is the best way available to me to grow my army. If you want to go for option 1 as well, and after reading this email, you continue to look for answers on forums, stop, your wasting your time - points 1-5 at the top, is the way to go.

May 31, 2017, 06:5705/31/17
May 31, 2017, 06:59(edited)
03/19/15

Kakos said:

knigochey said:

Your rewards/investments returns are worth over 360m resources.

If these represent "tiny pieces" of what you have invested then is reasonablo to assume that you invested well over 1 billion.

If you are not a coiner is hard to imagine how is this possible..

Now you are pretending to not understand the context. You seem to manage to disregard the Alyona's post I responded to "you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)" Or maybe you are implying 360 mil comes "on each PP"? 

I do not know why you are doing your palrium "advocacy": for salary or maybe some in-game perks. You do that poorly, though.

May 31, 2017, 07:5005/31/17
May 31, 2017, 07:50(edited)
09/17/15
knigochey said

Now you are pretending to not understand the context. You seem to manage to disregard the Alyona's post I responded to "you have a guaranteed reward on each PP. :)" Or maybe you are implying 360 mil comes "on each PP"? 

I do not know why you are doing your palrium "advocacy": for salary or maybe some in-game perks. You do that poorly, though.

I have an impression that your only intention is to troll people on forum. Please be a bit more constructive and re-read our forum rules