How to use heros?

27 Replies
Ike
28 March, 2017, 11:56 PM UTC

The longer I'm in this game, the newbie-er I get!


I got my first two heros today, thanks to members of my alliance. I see them in my Hall of Heros. But are they anywhere else? Do they do anything? I thought they were military units, but they're not in my Acropolis. TIA
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
29 March, 2017, 12:25 AM UTC

Ike said:


The longer I'm in this game, the newbie-er I get!


I got my first two heros today, thanks to members of my alliance. I see them in my Hall of Heros. But are they anywhere else? Do they do anything? I thought they were military units, but they're not in my Acropolis. TIA

You may hire heroes either for yourself or for others:

  1. If you click on someone else's Hall of Heroes when visiting their city, the Hero is added to this player's army.
  2. If you go to your own Hall of Heroes, the heroes you add will be added to your troops outside the Acropolis,

And obviously, if someone else executes 1. above, he or she will add a hero to your forces.

Cheers

P.
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Ike
29 March, 2017, 12:38 AM UTC
thanks, my bad... they were in my acropolis, I just expected them at the 'top' and they were at the bottom. :)
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
29 March, 2017, 12:59 AM UTC

Ike said:


thanks, my bad... they were in my acropolis, I just expected them at the 'top' and they were at the bottom. :)

Heroes in Sparta aren't what they used to be; always at the bottom, expendables, getting the dirtiest, most dangerous die-young jobs no one else wants.

It's very sad, really.

Cheers :-)
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
morteeee
Moderator
29 March, 2017, 2:54 PM UTC
I use mine to hold sieges, its a dirty job but someone has to do it lol 
History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
Mick13000
29 March, 2017, 3:07 PM UTC

Heros are free, and most importantly expendable.

On the Special Persian positions, thats what I use them for. 

Does it take me forever and day to complete? Yes, but I am using the heros because they are free and do not cost me anything but a series of clicks.

Last week I got 200 imperial mounted-using just heros. Seems like it took me forever, but, 200 imperials is 200 imperials!


UTC +5:00
Dorieas
29 March, 2017, 3:20 PM UTC

Ike said:


The longer I'm in this game, the newbie-er I get!


I got my first two heros today, thanks to members of my alliance. I see them in my Hall of Heros. But are they anywhere else? Do they do anything? I thought they were military units, but they're not in my Acropolis. TIA

Hi Ike...

Heroes are the most useless army, but if you use them right are good only for one thing... I explain you... Try to buy as many amphoria you can (max are 25 heroes daily, plus them yr friends add to yr army when they visit yr hall of heroes)...

You ll use them to downgrade yr Persian Missions... Be carefull not the Persian Positions but the Persian Missions... Like this you ll never kill yr normal army and you ll get back the rewards of Persian Missions... Off course for big lvls it ll take you time to downgrade the Persian Mission (for faster results, add some lights) but when you complete the reward the valuable is big... Be aware that the Persian Mission are trap for the players and the most of them, are loosing more army then the reward gives back but with heroes you have 100% success... 

For more tips and if you want to grow fast, and only if you arent sacrifised with yr coal here is our recruiting post in the Forum... 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/coalitions/32002_-guerilla-coalition-recruiting-new-members/ 

Have a look... Its free and isnt bite...

Looking forward to be team mates...

A Leader Leads By Example Not By Forge...
UTC +3:00
Mick13000
29 March, 2017, 5:46 PM UTC

Dorieas said:




You ll use them to downgrade yr Persian Missions... Be carefull not the Persian Positions but the Persian Missions... Like this you ll never kill yr normal army and you ll get back the rewards of Persian Missions... Off course for big lvls it ll take you time to downgrade the Persian Mission (for faster results, add some lights) but when you complete the reward the valuable is big... Be aware that the Persian Mission are trap for the players and the most of them, are loosing more army then the reward gives back but with heroes you have 100% success... 



Agree 100%
UTC +5:00
Ike
29 March, 2017, 6:15 PM UTC
Thanks all!  Not clear on the Persian Missions, however. I send my heros (only have 2 at the moment). They presumably die. What do I do then?
UTC +5:00
Nuno Paiva
29 March, 2017, 9:11 PM UTC

You can hire more, you can buy Ambrosia Vessels, and use scrolls in the academy to increase the limit that you can hold, and ask your friends to visit your city and hit your "Hall Of Heroes".

I also use them to hit Persian missions, they are free, it takes some time, but on the other hand, time is what we have most ...






UTC +1:00
Ike
29 March, 2017, 9:49 PM UTC
Thanks!
UTC +5:00
Tonaya
29 March, 2017, 10:00 PM UTC

Nuno Paiva said:


You can hire more, you can buy Ambrosia Vessels, and use scrolls in the academy to increase the limit that you can hold, and ask your friends to visit your city and hit your "Hall Of Heroes".

I also use them to hit Persian missions, they are free, it takes some time, but on the other hand, time is what we have most ...






why on face book server they have more decor,intellect points,direct screenshot button?

like we all smell bad here on plarium server?

heroes are good for missions,but it takes 2,3 life time's

Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Nuno Paiva
29 March, 2017, 10:31 PM UTC

Precisely only those 5 last items that we still don't have in plarium servers, but I think our devs might add them soon Tonaya.

UTC +1:00
Mick13000
30 March, 2017, 2:17 AM UTC

Ike said:


Thanks all!  Not clear on the Persian Missions, however. I send my heros (only have 2 at the moment). They presumably die. What do I do then?


http://prnt.sc/eq5lmr


Persian Missions have the silver crossed swords. In your Oracle, clik on the "Missions" button to see the information.

UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
30 March, 2017, 2:46 AM UTC

Tonaya said:


heroes are good for missions,but it takes 2,3 life time's

Tonaya

I've been living healthy (except for booze, tobacco and assorted) so a lifetime is like 2 weeks from next Tuesday. Below an "attack" on a level 14 Persian mission:

 

I'll let you do the math ... 

spaced out Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Ike
1 April, 2017, 11:16 PM UTC

Again, thanks for all the info. I'm up to 6 heroes thus far. :)


Still have one question. It may have been answered above, but I can't find it. I understand how to increase the number of daily hero additions (ambrosia) and how to increase to total number of heroes possible (via scrolls). However, is there any way to increase one's number of allies, which seems limited to 20 once you get your embassy to level 7? TIA
UTC +5:00
Dorieas
1 April, 2017, 11:26 PM UTC
Ike said:

Again, thanks for all the info. I'm up to 6 heroes thus far. :)


Still have one question. It may have been answered above, but I can't find it. I understand how to increase the number of daily hero additions (ambrosia) and how to increase to total number of heroes possible (via scrolls). However, is there any way to increase one's number of allies, which seems limited to 20 once you get your embassy to level 7? TIA
Isnt important to have allies.. Try to make as many friends as you can, to have faster trading on the port...
A Leader Leads By Example Not By Forge...
UTC +3:00
Ike
2 April, 2017, 3:27 AM UTC
Thank you, but I'm still curious to know if the number of allies can be raised in any way beyond 20. :)
UTC +5:00
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
2 April, 2017, 7:49 AM UTC

The Irate Penguin said:


Tonaya said:


heroes are good for missions,but it takes 2,3 life time's

Tonaya

I've been living healthy (except for booze, tobacco and assorted) so a lifetime is like 2 weeks from next Tuesday. Below an "attack" on a level 14 Persian mission:

 

I'll let you do the math ... 

spaced out Cheers
P.


Hide your coords Peng :P hehe
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
Dorieas
2 April, 2017, 7:08 PM UTC

Ike said:


Thank you, but I'm still curious to know if the number of allies can be raised in any way beyond 20. :)

No they cant be raised more then 20... Spent wise your scetches... Not to the embassy... Begin to upgrade yr port...

A Leader Leads By Example Not By Forge...
UTC +3:00
1665921 users registered; 33922 topics; 253287 posts; our newest member:ruttudagev-0621