Bad at Math or cheating customers? 90 percent of 4 is not 3. 90 percent of 3 is not 2.

10 Replies
Louis2007
22 February, 2017, 5:57 PM UTC

HEY!!! I now have a huge revive cost because plarium's pan massacre algorithms changed, either due to some programmer who is bad at math, used integer division operator instead of real number division or plarium is outright cheating their customers by rounding DOWN.


I want my units BACK. I should have lost virtually none after the free revive. I sent 4 units of a given type and 90% of 4 is 3.6 which in any normal / fair world means all 4 are revived if they are killed. I expect them back ASAP. And everyone else who has had their 90% rounded down should also demand a recount.


Come on! This is 

UTC +7:00
Plagatus
22 February, 2017, 7:55 PM UTC
I'm sure Plarium will get right on top of sending back that 6/10 of each of your four fallen units.
UTC -5:00
Louis2007
22 February, 2017, 8:25 PM UTC

Plagatus said:


I'm sure Plarium will get right on top of sending back that 6/10 of each of your four fallen units.

I assume your are writing sarcastically.


Fwiw, I sent out in the pan massacre 4 of every kind possible, champs, cav, off, def, rome, carthage, greeks, etc. So it is a non-trivial expense for mere mortals (i.e. not people spending hundreds of dollars per week).
UTC +7:00
Plagatus
22 February, 2017, 8:51 PM UTC

Louis2007 said:


I assume your are writing sarcastically.

*DINGDINGDING* We have a winner!!!

FWIW, I sent out my entire offense (minus Champs) on Server 2 and I got back what I got back. I would not and did not expect that Plarium would round up (if you were 4/10 dead, you'd still be dead).

If you wanted exactly 90% of your troops revived, perhaps you should have sent out 10 of each and made sure that all 10 were slain.

UTC -5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
23 February, 2017, 10:20 AM UTC
Hi! We made some changes to the Massacre mechanics. Earlier players could restore 100% of their losses for free if they sent 5 or less Units. To avoid such cases we were forced to make a rule when in any battle at least 1 Units should die. So now if you send less that 5 Units, 1 Units will die, and you will be able to restore the rest. But if you send 1 Unit and it dies, you'll have 0 Units in your free Hospital.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Louis2007
23 February, 2017, 7:32 PM UTC

Plagatus said:


Louis2007 said:


I assume your are writing sarcastically.

*DINGDINGDING* We have a winner!!!

FWIW, I sent out my entire offense (minus Champs) on Server 2 and I got back what I got back. I would not and did not expect that Plarium would round up (if you were 4/10 dead, you'd still be dead).

If you wanted exactly 90% of your troops revived, perhaps you should have sent out 10 of each and made sure that all 10 were slain.



If I had wanted to deal with  I would have attacked his city. Please list your coords so I can thank you for your message.

UTC +7:00
Louis2007
23 February, 2017, 7:37 PM UTC

Plarium should have announced that with an asterisk after their 90% rule with the asterisk leading to an explanation. Not doing so like Plarium did is clearly false advertising and illegal in any advanced country including the ones party to this particular action. No non-corrupt judge would accept that 90% of 1 is 0. 


I expect to get my troops back. Immediately.

Or Plarium risks a class action lawsuit. We like those in my country.



Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Hi! We made some changes to the Massacre mechanics. Earlier players could restore 100% of their losses for free if they sent 5 or less Units. To avoid such cases we were forced to make a rule when in any battle at least 1 Units should die. So now if you send less that 5 Units, 1 Units will die, and you will be able to restore the rest. But if you send 1 Unit and it dies, you'll have 0 Units in your free Hospital.

UTC +7:00
Plagatus
24 February, 2017, 3:57 AM UTC
Louis2007 said:

Plarium should have announced that with an asterisk after their 90% rule with the asterisk leading to an explanation. Not doing so like Plarium did is clearly false advertising and illegal in any advanced country including the ones party to this particular action. No non-corrupt judge would accept that 90% of 1 is 0. 


I expect to get my troops back. Immediately.

Or Plarium risks a class action lawsuit. We like those in my country.

This  finds your outrage most amusing.
UTC -5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
24 February, 2017, 10:14 AM UTC

Louis2007 said:


Plarium should have announced that with an asterisk after their 90% rule with the asterisk leading to an explanation. Not doing so like Plarium did is clearly false advertising and illegal in any advanced country including the ones party to this particular action. No non-corrupt judge would accept that 90% of 1 is 0. 


I expect to get my troops back. Immediately.

Or Plarium risks a class action lawsuit. We like those in my country.


Some players were exploiting the system to revive 100% of their Units for free. It was considered as a bug, because our feature wasn't designed to work like that, and it was fixed. 

If you send bigger armies, you'll get 90% of your Units back, as usual. But if you send small squads, 1 Unit will die anyway. 

We will ask our devs if they can improve this system, but I can't guarantee anything.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Plagatus
24 February, 2017, 3:09 PM UTC
LOL. My reply to Louis referring to myself as a "jerk" is censored but his post referring to me as the same is left standing. Good job, mods.
UTC -5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 February, 2017, 10:37 AM UTC
Plagatus said:

LOL. My reply to Louis referring to myself as a "jerk" is censored but his post referring to me as the same is left standing. Good job, mods.
Censored, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1664579 users registered; 33972 topics; 253080 posts; our newest member:grolicosss