How do you report an alt and prove it

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 12, 2017, 20:0402/12/17

Been playing SWOE for a while. 

Have come across 2 players (or one and an alt) that for months do the same thing. For several months the 2 players stay together, swap coalitions, one raids the other doesn't do much....but they always move together within 3 hours or so.  Always join same coalitions. Maybe best friends; bit concerning when it happens consistently over 4 months.

I asked my hegemon and the hegemon's of the coalition's this guy has been with. They seem seem to think its one player with 2 accounts.

He's pretty clever; taken us months to figure out that he is actually running 2 accounts.

How do you prove it?

I wont publish his ID or coords in this forum, but who should you contact in plarium to investigate further?

Regards

Trajan

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 12, 2017, 21:2902/12/17
11/17/16

Trajan said:

Been playing SWOE for a while. 

Have come across 2 players (or one and an alt) that for months do the same thing. For several months the 2 players stay together, swap coalitions, one raids the other doesn't do much....but they always move together within 3 hours or so.  Always join same coalitions. Maybe best friends; bit concerning when it happens consistently over 4 months.

I asked my hegemon and the hegemon's of the coalition's this guy has been with. They seem seem to think its one player with 2 accounts.

He's pretty clever; taken us months to figure out that he is actually running 2 accounts.

How do you prove it?

I wont publish his ID or coords in this forum, but who should you contact in plarium to investigate further?

Regards

Trajan

You can contact Support Center along with screenshots with the coords of the accounts and they will investigate it further to decide if it's an alt or not.

https://support.plarium.com/ensparta/Tickets/Submit/

Feb 13, 2017, 09:0802/13/17

did this player do something wrong to you?or what the hell is your issieu here 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Feb 13, 2017, 09:4702/13/17
09/17/15

Trajan said:

Hey 

The weblink you supplied takes me to the Plarium support website

I click on "How do I report a multiple account user"

Takes me to a page that says how to report a multiple account user, and click on https://support.plarium.com which, when I  do  takes me back to https://support.plarium.com/ensparta/Tickets/Submit/.

Sort of a circular web issue...click on a second link that takes you back to the first link

Not sure if its my browser (latest Chrome)

Any advice appreciated

Just click "Contact us" in the bottom.

Feb 14, 2017, 23:4802/14/17
08/21/14
Feb 16, 2017, 22:2802/16/17
08/21/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Trajan said:

Hey 

The weblink you supplied takes me to the Plarium support website

I click on "How do I report a multiple account user"

Takes me to a page that says how to report a multiple account user, and click on https://support.plarium.com which, when I  do  takes me back to https://support.plarium.com/ensparta/Tickets/Submit/.

Sort of a circular web issue...click on a second link that takes you back to the first link

Not sure if its my browser (latest Chrome)

Any advice appreciated

Just click "Contact us" in the bottom.

could Tonaya do that too?

Tonaya
Feb 17, 2017, 06:1802/17/17

Thx Alyona.

Didn't see the "Contact us"

Report submitted.

For Vodkaonice - tone it down.  This player (and I think its his alt) created havoc. Then ran. Created more havoc, then ran, etc. Ongoing for a 1 month.

I could be wrong. (husband/wife; 2 best friends).

Behaviour way too suspicious (and stupid if its an alt)

Plarium can deal with them (if its an alt)

Feb 17, 2017, 09:2102/17/17
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

Tonaya
If you have an issue that should be reported to Support :)
Feb 17, 2017, 14:4902/17/17
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

Tonaya have million issues,but you gonna answer to me from there too ^^

you are everywhere

Tonaya
Feb 17, 2017, 15:2902/17/17
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

you are everywhere

Tonaya
I'm not a Support agent :) I only handle ban-related issues :)
Feb 18, 2017, 11:5402/18/17
11/05/15

with regards to the OP (Tonaya PLEASE stay on topic!) it could genuinely be a husband/wife/brothers/sisters/romantic partners combination

I have several husband/wife combos in my team and they are amazing! Look out for each other, work well together, use their shared knowledge to the benefit of the team, I would happily have more! 

Feb 18, 2017, 21:1402/18/17
08/21/14

morteeee said:

with regards to the OP (Tonaya PLEASE stay on topic!) it could genuinely be a husband/wife/brothers/sisters/romantic partners combination

I have several husband/wife combos in my team and they are amazing! Look out for each other, work well together, use their shared knowledge to the benefit of the team, I would happily have more! 

there you are,Morteeee,i was looking for you few days ago :)

Tonaya
Feb 19, 2017, 17:5102/19/17
08/21/14

Tonaya on topic:you can report alt to support :)

i have some issues with Alyona,cant catch her to explain anything,she is shapeshifter,she is every where,cant send her msg,i wanted to talk with her,she close thread....and that is why i write off topic msgs sometimes,somewhere

Tonaya 

Feb 19, 2017, 18:0202/19/17
11/17/16
Tonaya said:

Tonaya on topic:you can report alt to support :)

i have some issues with Alyona,cant catch her to explain anything,she is shapeshifter,she is every where,cant send her msg,i wanted to talk with her,she close thread....and that is why i write off topic msgs sometimes,somewhere

Tonaya 

Yeah I noticed you have issues with Alyona. Well she explains much actually and we all try to help you and other players here. 
Feb 20, 2017, 11:2402/20/17
11/17/16
Trajan said:

I might add - I'm only a lvl 73.  These guys are lvl 91, and lvl 82  respectively (new alt 29). And I've managed to run them off from my area - they moved 300+ miles

A lvl 91and lvl 82  running from a non-coiner lvl 73 (without intervention from my coalition), and were kicked from their coalitions. Yes - they've been in 3 in the last few months. Left or kicked, probably why they formed their own coalition.

I think this raises a few flags.

There have been a few complaints that Plarium doesn't do anything about alts. At least Plarium support ppl replied to my complaint that they'll investigate....but it might take a while, and can't divulge outcomes.

Will keep the forum posted.

We can't do anything about alts here. Only Support can investigate issues like that, that's why we ask you to submit a ticket there and let them know about the situation! 
Feb 22, 2017, 15:5002/22/17
Feb 22, 2017, 15:51(edited)
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

you are everywhere

Tonaya
I'm not a Support agent :) I only handle ban-related issues :)

so you were that "handler" ? thank you very much Alyona

Tonaya
Feb 23, 2017, 10:1302/23/17
09/17/15

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

I was. So anytime you want to complaint about me banning you, you can submit a ticket and I will investigate it 

Joking, but... it's better to stick to the rules anyway ;)

Feb 25, 2017, 03:4002/25/17
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

I was. So anytime you want to complaint about me banning you, you can submit a ticket and I will investigate it 

Joking, but... it's better to stick to the rules anyway ;)

you are evil girl.how did you feel when you banned me?did it make you happy,do you think i really deserve that kind of treatment?

Tonaya 
Feb 27, 2017, 10:2902/27/17
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

you are evil girl.how did you feel when you banned me?did it make you happy,do you think i really deserve that kind of treatment?

Tonaya 
I only ban players when they're breaking our Forum rules, Tonaya. Follow the rules and you won't be banned. 
Feb 28, 2017, 03:5102/28/17
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Tonaya 
I only ban players when they're breaking our Forum rules, Tonaya. Follow the rules and you won't be banned. 

ok, i am trying to follow the rules,but you dodge my question again.admit you were happy when you press'd big red ban button for poor Tonaya?

it would mean a lot tome,if i knew 

Tonaya
Feb 28, 2017, 12:4902/28/17
09/17/15

Trajan said:

Had an interesting PM about this issue...

I'll paraphrase:

Plarium 'policy" is not to allow alts. However, from a legal perspective (meaning consumer and commercial law), a player that pays for a service, cannot be denied that service. If they are denied that service, then they are entitled to a full refund of any monies spent. 

Plarium is a multinational company, and profits are important. Why would Plarium shut down an account that is purchasing its products or services.

Plarium cannot actually ban alts that purchase any of their products without providing a refund.

Plarium is headquartered in Israel, and subject Israeli corporate law. See company Terms of Use. http://company.plarium.com/terms-of-use/

The way I interpret this...Plarium can ban alts, but if Plarium have been paid  by the alt any money (i.e purchased any in-game products), then Plarium must provide the alt with a refund if the account is deleted.

So no point in reporting alts because Plarium would lose money (on alts that pay for in-game stuff)... Plarium may as well shoot themselves in the foot.

The legal stuff way above my head, but it sort of makes sense.

Alts are here to stay...

Plarium will probably delete this post/blog.

T.

It's only up to you whether to report alts or not. But if you stay silent about them, we can't know that there are players violating our rules and we can't take the necessary measures. 

We do want our players to report any in-game violations. Unfortunately, not in all cases players provide us strong evidence.