This topic is closed

Top Raiders Competition Destroyed

28 Replies
Alfred E. Neuman
3 January, 2017, 11:50 PM UTC

Last week, someone who has never been a top 10 player comfortably took #1 by an unprecedented margin because 19 hours before the raid week ended, he got an extra 10 raiding slots before the week ended. He got this because his heg of a 10 member coa knew to plan to get 15 extra raiding slots per day when the capture the flag tournament was announced AFTER the raiding week had already started. 

This week, here is the current top 100 raid for those whose coa gets no extra raid slots because of the Capture the Flag tourney

44: Rastaman34, Fr-Olympia

45: Q-Power LOP, Association

55: DjiroccoTheGreat1, House of Batiatus

56: M10, Crimson Tide

59: Roy Mah, Ouroboros

60: Phil The Greatest, Association

68: Pauwe, Empire of Batiatus

69: Butcher Tai Pan, Ouroboros

72: Sarath, Indians

73: Alv, Leg-XIII-Gemini

75: Thix59310, Les Anges Ténébreux

76: Pinas, Hellenic Front

78: Bowerman, Tomahawk

80: Archimedes, Retribution

83: Pontios, EΛΛAΣ

84: SHFO2461, House of Hercules

85: Maximilian IFS, Lost Souls

86: Katahdin, House of Batiatus

89: Costas, Crimson Tide

90: Stronghold, Commander-in-Chief

92: Ianescu, Les Anges Ténébreux

94: Philippe, L-S Black Region

96: Ray, Veterans

Roy and Q-Power are on the all-time top 10 raiding list. M10, Butcher Thai Pan are all-time top 20 and DjiroccoTheGeat1, Maximillian IFS, Costos and Phil The Greatest are in all-time top 100 raiders list. 

Within 2 days, that list will probably be no more than 10, (mostly from the all-time top 100) and by the end of the raiding week, perhaps the all-time raid rank champion Roy Mah will be the only one on it.

The following week, those people who on

Lost Souls Alpha, Germanicus Cultus 1, Guerilla, Wikinger, Deedz, Parabellum, Legion A Rios, Terminators, Kracken, Band of Killerz, Himmel- & Höllenblut, Schwarz Rot Gold, Hungarians, Thanatos2 ITA, German Sharks, Non Nobis Nobine, Havoc, Zerberus, Maelstrom, Roma Antica, Bushi Fr/Belgium, Kings of the North, Sparta Warriors, Expendables, Themistocles, Zorn Gottes

who have extra raid slots this week (that list is ranked in order of number of raiding slots, and secondarily by coalition rank) will realize they can stop raiding 48 hours before the new week stops and have 5, 10 or 15 extra raiding slots over all the others for the following week. So they will distort the top raiding list too.

Then the week after that, Plarium will have yet another Capture the Flag tourney, which will add raiding slots to the LUCKY raid rankers near the end of that raiding week, distorting the results like it did last week.

And if unchanged, this cycle of not caring how the game is affected, will continue.

Plarium,
if you want to have this weird week of extra unlevel raid ranking, do not allow new raiding slots to start until the new week starts for top raiders (or any other ranking). And remove ALL extra raiding slots awarded during that week, if they remain by the time a raid first LANDS on the following week. Then you can have your week of crazy raiding results once every 3 weeks though I would call it crazy raiding and not count it towards the all-time raiding totals since you are clearly lumping together apples and oranges and calling them both raiding.


Raiders,

Your mission raider, should you choose to accept it:

look at the above info and that is your new rules for how you have a prayer at being competitive. You must either be in the top 10 of your capture the flag league or somehow keep your capital's flag at whatever cost, and then get at least 1 buff for +5 raiding slots. Though to seriously be competitive in the top 10, you will need 3 buffs dedicated to raiding. Don't worry about debuffs because your extra raiding slots can't be debuffed.

You will need a REALLY LARGE list of cities to raid because the maximum number of raids per week increased by more than double. There will be massive overgrazing of farms, sieged dead cities, high level botlines.

As always, should you or any of your Impossible Mission Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck raider.

Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
0
morteeee
Moderator
4 January, 2017, 6:41 AM UTC

hmmm I hadnt noticed this


a good incentive to perform well in the CTF tournament if you have people who are top raid specialists then :) 
History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
1
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
4 January, 2017, 10:53 AM UTC

Well I have buffed my coalition..I've used 3 buffs and gave +15raids to my coalition members..so max 25 raids each player
They get 1 raid per hour,

I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
4 January, 2017, 10:56 AM UTC
Hi! Our raiding mechanics won't allow us to remove Raid attempts from players, and we also do not interfere in game process, so we won't change this part. If you suspect there's a bug, please submit a report to our Support Team, and they will check it throughoughly. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Alfred E. Neuman
4 January, 2017, 11:36 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

"we also do not interfere in game process, so we won't change this part"


You (Plarium) interfered big time by adding raiding slots to a handful of people in the final hours of a week long competition. That's called changing the rules midstream.

Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
2
Alfred E. Neuman
4 January, 2017, 11:44 AM UTC

morteeee said:


hmmm I hadnt noticed this


a good incentive to perform well in the CTF tournament if you have people who are top raid specialists then :) 

No, it is a disincentive. The only top raid ranker I know of who likes this change made his own coalition which is exclusively for raid rankers.

All the rest think it stinks and are considering giving up because far less skilled people can pass them by like they were standing still, merely because their coa happened to have a situation that favored this particular buff over the buffs favored by the overwhelming number of coalitions.

If you are an employee there do some metrics (or get an employee there to do it). Look at the people who have been competing frequently in raid ranking, or just take a look at the top 100 all time and watch how much less they are raiding now and likely will continue. You will see a major drop in engagement.You may also see a significant drop in revenue from them between pre-capture the flag tourney and now.

In fact that kind of metric should be studied whenever you do a major change to the game (e.g. Pan Massacre). If you're most engaged users (80/20 rule...20% of the people spend 80% of the money), are spending less money after a major change to the game, you messed up on your most valuable metric... your bottom line.


Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
2
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
5 January, 2017, 10:42 AM UTC
jeffwinchell said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

"we also do not interfere in game process, so we won't change this part"


You (Plarium) interfered big time by adding raiding slots to a handful of people in the final hours of a week long competition. That's called changing the rules midstream.

If you notice any abnormalities, please report them to Support. We do not add Raid attempts to anyone. they can only be gained through gameplay within current limits.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Vodkaonice
5 January, 2017, 11:47 AM UTC
who cares about raiding ranks anyway
UTC +1:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
5 January, 2017, 2:32 PM UTC
Vodkaonice said:

who cares about raiding ranks anyway
It's a good chance to receive some extra rewards :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
jeff
5 January, 2017, 9:22 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


jeffwinchell said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

"we also do not interfere in game process, so we won't change this part"


You (Plarium) interfered big time by adding raiding slots to a handful of people in the final hours of a week long competition. That's called changing the rules midstream.

If you notice any abnormalities, please report them to Support. We do not add Raid attempts to anyone. they can only be gained through gameplay within current limits.

You are playing word games here. ("We do not add Raid attempts")

You changed the rules to add raid slots.That is clear to anyone. 
This entire post is about an abnormality. But it clear that Plarium does not share that opinion. And that Plarium will continue this practice and not take seriously the complaints of their customers in this regard. 


UTC +7:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
6 January, 2017, 11:28 AM UTC
jeff said:


You are playing word games here. ("We do not add Raid attempts")

You changed the rules to add raid slots.That is clear to anyone. 
This entire post is about an abnormality. But it clear that Plarium does not share that opinion. And that Plarium will continue this practice and not take seriously the complaints of their customers in this regard. 


If you mean attempts added by a buff after the Capture the Flag Tournament, it's a good incentive for Coalitions to participate and place in TOP Rankings. As it can actually give you some benefits.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Alfred E. Neuman
6 January, 2017, 6:21 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

a buff after the Capture the Flag Tournament, it's a good incentive for Coalitions to participate and place in TOP Rankings. As it can actually give you some benefits.
Plarium does not appear to consider how different aspects of the game and the culture and human being's resistance to change interact in this game. They seem to have a Facebook-like attitude (Facebook tells its employers to deliberately break the status quo of its users). Because of that, you don't even appear to recognize the problems created by this change. You appear to only look at your intended benefit and don't realize the harm the change causes.
Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
0
morteeee
Moderator
9 January, 2017, 6:50 PM UTC
its not that hard to capture flags if you hunt around and do some research on the coalitions in your tier then you can also buff your raids 
History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
0
Alfred E. Neuman
23 January, 2017, 5:12 PM UTC

As  I predicted two weeks ago, raid ranking is now destroyed. Only one player is bothering with it. The #2 and #3 raid total from last week is the lowest number in 6 months. Maybe more (since I only started this game about 6 months ago).

Congrats Plarium for killing that competition with your capture the flag tourney and completely ignoring what I said in my opening message in this thread.

And feel free to ban me from this forum for this message that the emporer is wearing no clothes. I don't care.


Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
24 January, 2017, 10:35 AM UTC
jeffwinchell said:

As  I predicted two weeks ago, raid ranking is now destroyed. Only one player is bothering with it. The #2 and #3 raid total from last week is the lowest number in 6 months. Maybe more (since I only started this game about 6 months ago).

Congrats Plarium for killing that competition with your capture the flag tourney and completely ignoring what I said in my opening message in this thread.

And feel free to ban me from this forum for this message that the emporer is wearing no clothes. I don't care.


Coalition buffs don't kill the competition, they give you some extra opportunities. If you find them so attractive, fight for them :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Dorieas
26 January, 2017, 6:44 PM UTC

HI JEFFWINCHELL... 

I m the Hedge of 10 men coal... (18 now, we are growing)... Those flag tournaments they are coming out to destroy raid ranking,,, They did it for once to us, we lost once to be in the top 3 (even top 10), we are 7/8 since the day we built our coal...  But I read the flag tournament and i did my plans for the next one as a good and wise hedge.. Should yours do the same... 

Anyway back to the those flag tournaments: I believe they destroy raid ranking,, Now after our 5 consecutive victorious weeks on the Top 1, suddendly a double strike from Plarium: A new Flag Tournament and return raid bugs to the game..They start restore our opponents raids.. 

Pontios and Fokeas are running this week.. Both with one of my best students on raiding and friend John from Stronghold, should be on the top 3 before start the bugs. The fun is Plarium bug  restore my raids today from 8 raids to max 10.. Its a joke.. 

Pontios is a player from a friendly coal (ΕΛΛΑΣ) who is under training and after his training he ll return to our allies to train his member... If he win or at least a seat on top 3, he ll be the youngest lvl 72, ever in the chronicles of Sparta to be on the top 3... So to loose one of this 3 seats cos Plarium start bugs again it's again the rules of the game, the fair competition, his hard job...

Here in GUERILLA we arent selfish.. We train people from other coals too, not only in raiding but to any kind of strategy on the game..We have our doors open to all of kind of players they want to learn, they want to run with us and when we make them champions they are free to choise to go to any coal they want... Jeff you are always wellcome here to work together for a while...

The only thing we ask is: A FAIR COMPETITION.. NO MORE RAID BUGS...

Regards 

Dorieas 

Guerilla coalition

A Leader Leads By Example Not By Forge...
UTC +3:00
0
Alfred E. Neuman
27 January, 2017, 1:25 AM UTC

We saw that weird raid slot restore thing last night while we were heavily raiding a coa for a challenge. So I was pretty preoccupied, and not checking raiding slots. But one of our guys suddenly said, how come I have 10 raids now? I wasn't sure. But your comment now confirms they have a serious raiding bug - randomly free raiding slots.

Though I'd prefer a "free drachmas bug" ;-)


I would hope by starting the flag competition this weekend that they don't affect this week's raid ranking with a sudden bonus of slots right near the end of the raiding week, but who knows. With Plarium, I won't believe they'll do it right until I see it.


But I'll have to pass on the offer regarding your coa. We're having too much fun taking on other coas.



Hegemon of Deedz
UTC -12:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 January, 2017, 8:53 AM UTC
Dorieas said:


Anyway back to the those flag tournaments: I believe they destroy raid ranking,, Now after our 5 consecutive victorious weeks on the Top 1, suddendly a double strike from Plarium: A new Flag Tournament and return raid bugs to the game..They start restore our opponents raids.. 


As I said, we do not restore players' raid attempts. After applying a buff for additional Raid attempts, players can raid even more Resources, but it doesn't mean that we're restoring something for them. If you notice any abnormalities, you can report them to our Support Team.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Dorieas
27 January, 2017, 2:51 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Dorieas said:



Anyway back to the those flag tournaments: I believe they destroy raid ranking,, Now after our 5 consecutive victorious weeks on the Top 1, suddendly a double strike from Plarium: A new Flag Tournament and return raid bugs to the game..They start restore our opponents raids.. 


As I said, we do not restore players' raid attempts. After applying a buff for additional Raid attempts, players can raid even more Resources, but it doesn't mean that we're restoring something for them. If you notice any abnormalities, you can report them to our Support Team.
Hi Alyona.. 
Dorieas said also this:
Anyway back to the those flag tournaments: I believe they destroy raid ranking,, Now after our 5 consecutive victorious weeks on the Top 1, suddendly a double strike from Plarium: A new Flag Tournament and return raid bugs to the game..They start restore our opponents raids..
Pontios and Fokeas are running this week.. Both with one of my best students on raiding and friend John from Stronghold, should be on the top 3 before start the bugs. The fun is Plarium bug restore my raids today from 8 raids to max 10.. Its a joke..  
So you restore my raids too, from 8 to 10... So that means, bug exists.. I have Pontios moaning that he ll lost the 1st or 2nd position cos the bug raids and all his hard job is blowing away... What as a Hedge can i tell to this guy???
A Leader Leads By Example Not By Forge...
UTC +3:00
0
Fokeas
27 January, 2017, 5:23 PM UTC

jeffwinchell said:


Last week, someone who has never been a top 10 player comfortably took #1 by an unprecedented margin because 19 hours before the raid week ended, he got an extra 10 raiding slots before the week ended. He got this because his heg of a 10 member coa knew to plan to get 15 extra raiding slots per day when the capture the flag tournament was announced AFTER the raiding week had already started.  


Hi Alfred E Newman. My victory was clear as the crystal water of my village river. Even if not added that additional raids from the Flag tournament I had the 1st spot in my left side pocket of my jacket. That I never been in top 10 before was cos the day I upgrade my port to 50 k capacity i took part in raid ranking -I had two months heavy trained for that- to win the 1st spot, as i did it.. Now Dorieas with his strategy, he just secured my 1st spot with the 15 add raids of CTF. I was suprised why you didnt run till the end on that week as yr coal won the CTF 15 add raids and you had the choise for the 2nd spot. I m not agree with you and Dorieas that CTF destroy the raid ranking. CTF gives you the opportunity to try to find new Farms as yr list need to grow. 25 raids daily are too much and you need more and more farms.  Sometimes  gives me troubles cos are still people txt me -Why you raid my farm? but at the end of the day even those babycries are part of the game.. From one hedge choises from CTF bonus, a warrior can understand if he/she is in the right coal or part of a coal who sacrifise his coiner hedge ego. Propably the reason one of the best raiders, John, moove from CT to Stronghold. For me CTF is exciting but Plarium needs to stop the Raid Bugs. Thats unacceptable!!!
Even with the bug, 5 add raid slots to our opponent, we got hopes for the 1st spot and the 6th consecutive win. Then I m curius what else mechanism they ll try to find in Plarium except bugs and flags, to drop Guerilla coal from the top 1 on the raid ranking???
A.P
UTC +2:00
0
1781602 users registered; 48448 topics; 287547 posts; our newest member:Castle 1355846