The Lie of Balance in the Game

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 30, 2016, 18:2512/30/16
11/30/15

The new server was started on October 29th 2016  this screen was taken today. This is just the offensive troops of one player. His Defense is just as powerful.

He is one of three players in this coalition that has this many troops. please explain how any player who is not spending a fortune can keep up with this.

Good luck to these guys but the lie that PP is how they get these troops is broken just by looking at the number of champs and imperial troops. http://prntscr.com/dpsmyc

This is the problem with the game nothing else, not the changes they are all fine.

who can play against this. They are just buying the game.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 31, 2016, 02:3412/31/16
Server 2 is insane, same here with the 3 you speak of. We get destroyed and many of our members quit and go back to server 1 because they lose everything in minutes
Dec 31, 2016, 05:4412/31/16
11/30/15

Server 2 just magnifies the disparity of players that are trying to play the game without money or with just a little spending. the game has no so called balance to slow down the spenders and give everyone else a chance to catch up.

Troops builds of horses taking 3 hour for each horse you can do a simple calculation as to how long it would take to build an army like what is shown in he screen shot, while all along these guys continue grow this army and in two months have double what they have now. the grain requirement would limit the absolute max amount of troops so at least at some point the others in a couple of years would catch up.

the game is not sustainable if it carries on this way. Server 2 exasperates the problem.  

Dec 31, 2016, 06:5012/31/16
02/13/16

Don't worry guys. I will take care of this! 

I just bought a $200 "get revenge" package and now I have 100 promachos and 100 agemas!!!

Oh wait that guy has 30k horses... 
Dec 31, 2016, 12:3512/31/16
01/10/16

yes, server 2 is magnifiing the gap between coiners and normal players

Absense of bot cities makes almost impossible regular players to grow army...

coiners just have enourmous advantage. This is the reason i never started a server 2 city.

Actually in server 1. player is much more competable against heavy cheaters (coiners) 

Dec 31, 2016, 20:5212/31/16
08/03/15
For the year 2017 I Wish to have his wealth :P
Jan 1, 2017, 18:5601/01/17
11/30/15
it not about their wealth, I can match them but I won't. it is no longer a game when one can just buy it.  imagine a game of golf, a player can buy the best clubs, the best balls, the best shoes, play at the best club but if he does not have natural ability he is not going to win. imagine going to a gold course and someone shows up and wins just because they have money. this is what this game has become
Jan 1, 2017, 19:1401/01/17
Jan 1, 2017, 19:32(edited)
11/26/14
That is why I quit spending long ago.....There is no reason to dump thousands of dollars into a game just to keep up with other people..Some people have played years and don't even have that sort of army.. Spending money here is basically futile, unless you like throwing your money away....there is no strategy left except to open your wallet and swipe you visa card.. I understand Plarium is a company and need to make money, but for them to say the game is balanced is laughable..They would never admit to an imbalance of players buying there armies.
Jan 2, 2017, 01:0201/02/17
01/27/15
Server 2 is crazy unbalanced.  3 guys have more fire power than any coalition on server 2 combined.  Enjoy their money Plarium, because you ain't getting mine 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jan 3, 2017, 11:0401/03/17
09/17/15

Hi, guys! Each player can get such a big army. But it would take a lot of time. I guess you all agree with that part.

As this is a free-to-play game, there are in-app purchases that allow you to get certain in-game Resources (like Drachmas) faster. This will also allow you to buy Units at the Black Market faster, and grow your army faster. 

However, it doesn't give you any other privileges. You still have to team-up and play as a Coalition, not as a single player.

And remember, that there's no undefeatable Force.

Jan 3, 2017, 11:5801/03/17
01/27/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, guys! Each player can get such a big army. But it would take a lot of time. I guess you all agree with that part.

As this is a free-to-play game, there are in-app purchases that allow you to get certain in-game Resources (like Drachmas) faster. This will also allow you to buy Units at the Black Market faster, and grow your army faster. 

However, it doesn't give you any other privileges. You still have to team-up and play as a Coalition, not as a single player.

Alyona please present these questions to your mighty and all knowing, all powerful leaders of the company.  I bow before you so humble that you even allow such unintelligent people like myself to throw my money to you and play your amazing fair and balanced game.

1. How much money do you have to spend to get 10,000 Imperial Agema?

2. How can an entire coalition that is on a new server defeat a 100-150M plus hit from a single player?

3. How long does it take to build 25,000 regular Agema when almost nobody on server 2 even has Sparta signed?

Jan 3, 2017, 13:1701/03/17
Jan 3, 2017, 13:18(edited)
11/30/15

RIX said:

Alyona please present these questions to your mighty and all knowing, all powerful leaders of the company.  I bow before you so humble that you even allow such unintelligent people like myself to throw my money to you and play your amazing fair and balanced game.

2. How can an entire coalition that is on a new server defeat a 100-150M plus hit from a single player?

3. How long does it take to build 25,000 regular Agema when almost nobody on server 2 even has Sparta signed?

1. It would cost 167 x 10,000 = 1,670,000 drachmas to purchase regular Agema. or using the best package $330 = 128,000 drachmas = $4,305

2. It can long term but at this level of spending that player will continue to grow so cannot be caught

3. Assuming that you have everything signed, all the scroll builds it takes 3 hours 7 mins to build 1 Agema there for it takes 25,000 x 3.10mins = 77,500 mins = 1291.66 hours    
Jan 3, 2017, 23:1101/03/17
01/27/15
blah blah blah said:

RIX said:

1. It would cost 167 x 10,000 = 1,670,000 drachmas to purchase regular Agema. or using the best package $330 = 128,000 drachmas = $4,305

2. It can long term but at this level of spending that player will continue to grow so cannot be caught

3. Assuming that you have everything signed, all the scroll builds it takes 3 hours 7 mins to build 1 Agema there for it takes 25,000 x 3.10mins = 77,500 mins = 1291.66 hours    
Wow!  now how much money do I have to spend to get 10,000 imperial agema in packages?
Jan 4, 2017, 07:0001/04/17
06/06/15
People who spend that kind of money on a game just because they like the feeling of superiority that it brings have some serious issues with themselves. It's no different than a gambling addict. Difficult to stop the more you do it.
Jan 4, 2017, 10:5301/04/17
09/17/15
Guys, this is a free-to-play game. And like any other free-to-play games, it allows players to use in-app purchases to develop faster. 
Jan 4, 2017, 14:3601/04/17
11/26/14
We all get and understand that it is free to play..The point is the game is not balanced at all.....Your answer only seems to be is spend money.
Jan 4, 2017, 19:5901/04/17
blah blah blah said:

RIX said:

25000 x 3.10hours = 77500 hours = 3229 days = 8.84 years
Jan 4, 2017, 21:2101/04/17
11/30/15

Guys, this is a free-to-play game. And like any other free-to-play games, it allows players to use in-app purchases to develop faster. 
with NO limit then the game can be bought thank you for clarifying that
Jan 4, 2017, 23:4701/04/17
07/12/15
blah blah blah said:

Yeap.. that's the logical conclusion..  
Jan 5, 2017, 01:3201/05/17
02/13/16

I really don't have a problem with how many units these guys have or what they did to get them. I also don't want to see caps or any kind of restrictions put in place for anybody.

The game is a business and they spent plenty of money on marketing, setting up servers, and developing the game. I am glad they are getting a return on the investment. 

Now, from the perspective of someone who casually spends on the game and plays somewhat regularly. I can say that seeing all of this has devalued what you guys offer in your purchasing packages in my eyes. Is there anything you can do to fix that? Probably not.

I'm just not going to be as inclined to spend moderate amounts of money on something that isn't going to offer a significant improvement unless I do a significant amount of spending. 

What I do think will happen is that these guys will eventually get burnt out and become less active and spend less money.

They wanted to put in a lot of money up front to dominate on a fresh server. They wanted to kill a bunch of armies and win a lot of battles. They accomplished that, and I'm sure it was a lot of fun. 

However, to maintain that kind of advantage over the long run would get wildly expensive and the development curve will eventually catch up to them. They will go from being super-powered players that have no equal to being part of the stronger class of players that still have to be diplomatic and play within boundaries. They won't be able to best entire coalitions in single combat and they will run into situations that could be potentially devastating to their armies. It's just a matter of time.

If you want to speed that process up then the best advice I can give is to ignore them. It's not going to stop them from attacking anything, but it will give them less incentive to do so. Leaving the capital and cities undefended and holding no pans may not be fun but it's better than the alternative. Which is essentially putting all of your troops they want to kill in one convenient location for expedited extermination. 

Jan 5, 2017, 10:2801/05/17
09/17/15
blah blah blah said:

We have limits for almost everything in this game.