Invitation to plarium decision makers

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Oct 26, 2016, 01:1510/26/16

Grutte Pier said:

I do not waste my raids on a level 62 alt account

Alt accounts are against the TOS. Are you suggesting that you might have multiple cities? Thus breaking the TOS and thus should be banned?

As I told Fortuna, Tania's Coalition isn't important. Coalitions aren't important. They don't grant you any more imagined privileges than I have for being in a Coalition. And really? Looking down you nose at someone because they are only "level 62". Childish. You also went through the trouble of posturing by scouting. Just like a bully would do. Again childish.
Oct 26, 2016, 04:2410/26/16
02/28/15

Thank you Lockdown51,

I may be still low level compared to others but I/my coalition have a lot of fun. And I am on every day but it's not my life as with some others.

Maybe if I spent 10 hours a day or spent a lot of money (which I don't have) I would be much higher level but at least I still enjoy the game very much unlike a lot of these moaning people. ;)

Sincerely.

Oct 26, 2016, 19:2610/26/16
07/16/15

Tania said:

With all due respect nobody told you to invest fortunes in this game, you did so because you want to be an important player and that is fine.

But no matter how much you spend you have no more say in which way plarium goes than say me, who spends a few dollars here and there.

The fact that plarium makes changes you don't like, well that's just tough luck for you. It's not  a savings account, it's a game.

Sincerely

I find it impressive that you seem to completely miss the point... Nobody is complaining about what we spend allready... and this whole issue was never about someone have to say more compared to someone else... matter and issue was right here in the open from the start... if anyone got censored that would be me and some others when we got our threats/posts deleted few days ago. 

In any case the whole "food chain" here can go either way... first the non money players (wich might in future would spend some if they liked the game) go , then the moderate buyers then the big spenders or the other way around ... first the big buyers , then the moderate ones and then the no money players too.... only difference in second scenario will be the no money players will go because plarium will close it down. Or you really think they ll keep a game running that makes no money and only cost them to support it? End effect in both cases is same ,,,, game dies... for all...

The whole issue isnt for the game to be totaly free or plarium dont make money on it.... the issue is to keep it a game that is fun to play so we all have the motivation to play and spend money on it. And the latest changes are really no way near getting that result. Quite the opposite. And i really dont see were you saw any objection we made that would in anyway hurt your interests there... All everybody is asking is the game have strategy and skilled gameplay aspects wich lately it doesnt.... All here big buyers or no money players actually complain about it becoming pure pay to win without any strategic or skilled gameplay that would be a challenge for real strategy gamers.... 

The game at the moment works like this: Either you dont stand a chance to do anything or you start/keep shoveling $ by the thousands to it to be able to compete ... and in boths scenarios strategy or skilled gameplay just make 0 difference. 

Oct 26, 2016, 20:3410/26/16
12/24/14

Dear plarium 

Are we getting any feedback on the given points? 

Thanks in advance 

Best Regards 

Oct 27, 2016, 00:1110/27/16
02/28/15

dxr250 said:

Tania said:

With all due respect nobody told you to invest fortunes in this game, you did so because you want to be an important player and that is fine.

But no matter how much you spend you have no more say in which way plarium goes than say me, who spends a few dollars here and there.

The fact that plarium makes changes you don't like, well that's just tough luck for you. It's not  a savings account, it's a game.

Sincerely

The game at the moment works like this: Either you dont stand a chance to do anything or you start/keep shoveling $ by the thousands to it to be able to compete ... and in boths scenarios strategy or skilled gameplay just make 0 difference. 

With all due respect, then pray tell me why I am still getting along without spending a lot. And thousands of others are as well. I get more and more Phalanx without shoveling out any money. Your reasoning is flawed.

I could tell you my strategy, which is very simple in fact, but of course I won't.

Maybe it's just you your expectations are too high?

It's more a matter of the people who are the big shots in the game think they can dictate the company Plarium. And I for one am happy Plarium is not giving in to Dictators :) 

Zillions of fans of this game are enjoying it on a daily basis, it's called the silent majority. The whiners and cry babies who keep on nagging about this are a very small minority. 

Everyone has moved on. We can go to higher agreement levels now, Plarium is not going to reverse this anymore, it's impossible anyway as many people already past level 20 by now. What are they gonna do, change it back? Be realistic and just enjoy the game with some minor changes that were made. 

Sincerely.
Oct 27, 2016, 04:3010/27/16
02/25/16

Tania,

Either you are not quite familiar with the mechanics of the game or you just want to step on people's toes.

I started playing the game about nine months ago. At that time I became friends with two players in my coalition who started playing about the same time as me.  After nine months the one who is a frequent coiner has about 80 mill offense and 40 mill defense and is level 85.  I am in the middle spending around $50/month and I am level 78 and have 8mill/3mill armies... the non-coiner is level 70 and has 1mill/1mill armies. We are on the forum every day, participate actively in all coalition activities and share all strategy tips. If anything the non-coiner is the best and most active player among the 3 of us yet he is falling further and further behind.

Your progress in this game is directly and permanently tied to how much you spend... Non-coiners will never be able to compete with the high level players because there is practically NO STRATEGY in this game.  Personally I don't care if I can compete with high level coiners but I am fed up with trudging through more and more tedious tasks requiring micro management to reach the few enjoyable parts of the game which are fewer and fewer.  This game hopelessly lacks real opportunities to affect outcome.

Suggestions to that effect have been posted regularly on this forum and ignored by Plarium. My feeling is that more and more players are getting fed up and I am not sure new players are joining in droves.  Both those who foresee the demise of the game through player attrition and those who predict that endless numbers of new players will replace those who leave are blowing smoke. Neither side knows the actual trend. 

The request to dialogue with the Plarium decision-makers is the logical next step in dealing with a company that pretty much ignores their customers.  The top customers are the top $ spenders and those who Plarium is most likely to listen to.  Without coiners Plarium would close down this game within a few weeks. I think these players are acting in the best interest of the group by pressuring Plarium into listening to us all. 

I support their effort.

Oct 27, 2016, 06:4010/27/16
Oct 27, 2016, 07:58(edited)
11/11/14

looks like  no one will answer Rott

Plarium is getting greedy about money and do so many nice things, that everyone can buy , if you want them.

Persians changed again, keep doing it again and again. It is not an easy task to kill all your army into Persians, but all changes will help you to achieve it. I am really proud of them and how easy it is to destroy a big community.

What is the purpose of doing Persians, if you can not gain a better Army, only to get peaces for your general ? What is this good for, when you will not get an easier win on Persians ? To get there will cost you a fortune, what will you get in return ? Fun is gone.

The day will come , when i will not log in and so far how it is going now, i will not miss it.

Do something Plarium, to bring the fun back and this is not a new server , where you can restart and continue investing.

Oct 27, 2016, 10:5110/27/16
12/24/14

Dear plarium,

You had a meeting yesterday and one of the topics of the meeting where the advised points 

We would like to know the outcome and are waiting for your reactions and feedback 

Thank you in advance for your kind and adequate follow up and response 

Best Regards 

Rott - Hob 

Oct 27, 2016, 13:0410/27/16
Oct 27, 2016, 13:11(edited)
11/18/15

Tania said:

dxr250 said:

Tania said:

Sincerely

With all due respect, then pray tell me why I am still getting along without spending a lot. And thousands of others are as well. I get more and more Phalanx without shoveling out any money. Your reasoning is flawed.

I could tell you my strategy, which is very simple in fact, but of course I won't.

It's more a matter of the people who are the big shots in the game think they can dictate the company Plarium. And I for one am happy Plarium is not giving in to Dictators :) 

Zillions of fans of this game are enjoying it on a daily basis, it's called the silent majority. The whiners and cry babies who keep on nagging about this are a very small minority. 

Everyone has moved on. We can go to higher agreement levels now, Plarium is not going to reverse this anymore, it's impossible anyway as many people already past level 20 by now. What are they gonna do, change it back? Be realistic and just enjoy the game with some minor changes that were made. 

Sincerely.
Tania you do not represent any ones views here but your own. I have read all you have to say and you fail to take any one else's point of view into consideration, yet the others respect your right to your viewpoint even though they also present very relevant points which cannot be ignored. You appear to deliberately disrespect the opinion of a large community in the game with your little remarks. One cannot therefore take anything you have to say seriously.
Oct 27, 2016, 14:0410/27/16

debeerbarry said:

Tania said:

dxr250 said:

Tania said:

Sincerely

Sincerely.
Tania you do not represent any ones views here but your own. I have read all you have to say and you fail to take any one else's point of view into consideration, yet the others respect your right to your viewpoint even though they also present very relevant points which cannot be ignored. You appear to deliberately disrespect the opinion of a large community in the game with your little remarks. One cannot therefore take anything you have to say seriously.

No one can take what you say seriously either. Or what most of your guys say. It's whining. It's noise. You guys keep falling back on either Coalition Rank, your place in said Coalition, or your game time as if it gives you some sort of magical higher status. You think that because you spent money on something you are entitled to the entire company, not just the service you paid for.

Also, while I complain about the timers being too long there is nothing stopping people from playing the game for free. There is also nothing stopping people from spending money to get a leg up. It's the real world. You pay to advance. Real world example here kids. You can ride the bus, or drive your car to the mall. The bus is cheaper and takes longer. The car is faster and more expensive since you had to buy the car at some point. Both get you to the end goal. It's just different routes.

Now because you paid for the car doesn't entitle you to the ear of the car company CEO. Or an even better example is buying a bus ticket as that is a service. And the market in game provides services. That bus ticket doesn't entitle you to the ear of the bus company CEO.

You guys might not like the Agreement update but you can at least admit to why. The true reason you are all upset. It's because you aren't getting the bonus resources you were getting for previously having all the agreements finished. You had "Completed" that part of the game and now suddenly the finish line moved! Oh noes! Sadly in life things advance. Things change. The Agreements changing honestly didn't and won't change that much in the grand scheme of things. If anything it makes fights bloodier. So you have to be a tab bit more careful on when to commit your forces to an engagement.

If only there was a word to describe the decision making process in which you have to weigh the risk vs reward of certain actions. And if only you could use that decision making process in a friendly game like environment like we have here. Or should have here. I've played many games, been to many forums, and I can safely say you guys are the most entitled forum of any game I have ever witnessed.

Sincerely,

Guy that is disappointed in you all, because someone has to be and you clearly won't be.

Oct 27, 2016, 22:5710/27/16
02/28/15

It doesn't seem Plarium takes all the threats of the whiners seriously either DXR250 :)

Have a happy!
Oct 28, 2016, 04:0510/28/16
Oct 28, 2016, 11:57(edited)
02/25/16

I think neither you Tania nor Lockdown51 understands the point of this move.  Tania, being a level 62 player, I would suggest that you barely understand the game (I reached Level 62 in about 4-5 weeks of playing) and you are probably still not aware of how predictable the entire game play is and how little control you have. You need to realize what is behind the curtain.

The analogy of two ways to get to the mall is flawed.  In fact the coiners have bought the car and are complaining because the company is providing bad service on their car.  The non-coiners are riding in the back seat for free and will have no ride to the mall if the coiners decide the car stinks and they don't want to drive it anymore. There is no bus to the mall here. Plarium's only asset is the player pool.  The game itself is worth zero without the money players.

In a Capitalistic society consumers actually dictate product design to all companies but you appear too naive to realize this.  If a Company makes a bad product consumers stop buying it and either the Company changes the product to suit the consumers or the Company becomes extinct. In this case some paying customers are warning Plarium that they don't like the product.  This is a normal step in the above process... You go to Customer Service and say I don't like the car I bought, you need to fix it.  Next step is they go to buy another car... 

You may be right that others will buy into the game if the current paying players quit.  I am not sure.  The game is much less enjoyable now than it was when I started playing so I think less players will get in now than did when I started playing. I am advocating change because the game is really getting tedious and less and less dependent on playing style and strategy.  It is like a big hamster wheel that goes nowhere.

On a side note I think Plarium is sensing the wind has shifted... For the first time in 8 months I am getting offers for 75% off Drachma packs... I had only seen 30-50% since I started buying with real money.  Now after the "Drach Boycott" movement started Plarium is making much better offers.  Unfortunately for them we are not asking for a better deal on a bad game,we are asking for a better game.

Oct 29, 2016, 04:1510/29/16
08/19/14
plarium wont get any answer to us..... is simple
Oct 29, 2016, 16:3210/29/16
ALLM'A'CHTIG said:

plarium wont get any answer to us..... is simple
But they did answer. And the result wasn't what people wanted to hear so the mob has declared they are going to raid all the pans in the game then quit.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.