Leaving Beta Test

Leaving Beta Test

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 9, 2018, 17:0002/09/18
11/20/15

Leaving Beta Test

If I deselect the option that allows me to leave Beta, can I go back and reselect it to get back in?

I'm finding that playing all the time in Beta is very costly.  The system is very laggy and several times I have not been able to get buttons to respond in a timely manner when timing was key.  

Someone recently updated the in game messaging and broke it.  Now I can no longer reply to messages sent to me.  As a Polemarch, I can't play like that.

Texas Ranger

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 9, 2018, 17:0202/09/18
11/20/15
Just as a PS - this is a very bad Beta. If the software team reported to me, I would thrash them.  This is at best an Alpha test.  Very simple, obvious bugs exist that should never be in a Beta.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:2002/11/18
Feb 11, 2018, 10:23(edited)
06/13/15

Archon !   

Yes, if you deselect the beta you can always come back to it.   

If you notice any bugs, don't hesitate to post them in the corresponding form.   

Loading is sometimes lond, I grant you, but once in play it should be very fluid despite some small apparent bugs.

Although the beta works on a lot of search engine, she's more suited to Google Chrome.

Feb 11, 2018, 17:4802/11/18
11/20/15

Bill,

Loading is not the issue.  We were warned that loading could take longer.  But the play inside the game is very, very laggy.  I am running on Google Fiber 1 GB internet connection, so I know my connection is not the issue.

Once inside the game, it can take seconds for a button to respond.  Much of the graphics are better and more fluid, like the map, but the response times for selecting items and the time it takes to paint responses is extremely slow.

I just want you ti have this feedback for the developers.  The game playing is definitely not smoother nor faster.

Texas Ranger

MariusAdmin
Feb 12, 2018, 09:0402/12/18
09/04/17
As Bill mentioned, you can choose to use the beta version or switch it off at will in your profile. Also, have you disabled the Flash Player plugin when using the beta engine? I remember seeing someone reporting a similar issue and it was caused by the Flash Player still working in the background and taking up a lot of resources unnecessarily. 
Feb 13, 2018, 02:5702/13/18
11/20/15

Dimitri,

You were right about disabling Flash.  I suggest you add that to your notes for all Beta users.  It did not make things smooth, but at least the buttons respond more quickly than before.  Thank you.

I'm guessing I've logged in excess of 40 bugs so far, and still finding new ones.  You have your work cut out.

Texas Ranger

MariusAdmin
Feb 13, 2018, 08:1802/13/18
09/04/17
Ah, glad to hear that it worked. We will definitely put up a notice about it. And don't worry, multitude of bugs are expected as transferring the game from one engine to another is, arguably, more tricky than building from the ground up. Plenty of underlying issues that might not have been expected - but that is why we have begun testing in advance with our player base rather than rely on a limited group of testers before the release. There is still a lot of polishing to do, but I am positive that this will be a bright new beginning for Sparta.