Naval Units

Naval Units

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 9, 2019, 15:0211/09/19
09/22/15

Naval Units

Hello, respectful devs and staff. My question is if you can implement historical naval units into the game. Such as Bireme , Trireme and so on. They can be as standard recruitable units  and some champion naval units from renowned nations at that time. I see that in game in the top right next to port has space for a building, it may be called shipyard. Also these units can be open a major battle experience for the game as they introduce naval battles. They can participate along with the other units in a battle or separate. I am thinking like a two stage battle first with naval and then with ground units. It is left to your consideration ofc and how you tweak things. Maybe a unique resource can be added to recruit ships and loads of timber . I had this idea for some time , i dont know if anyone else already think that but its a good addition in the game i believe.

A second request is that if it is possible to add more standard recruitable units. I see that all the new units added except elysian are obtained only by events and money. I have some suggestions for some units like thebes hoplites , Iberian swordmen or cavalry , carthaginian infatry , egyptian units ,i mean there are plenty of units you can think of in that time of history.

Thanks for reading my ideas and waiting for a response.

Archmage

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 9, 2019, 17:5511/09/19
11/05/15
I have moved this to the suggestions forum for you 
Nov 18, 2019, 03:4611/18/19
02/14/18

Hello! I don´t like this idea. Sparta didn´t have any Navy.

But they didn´t have any Manticore either so... ok

Thumbs up for naval units! 

NancyAdmin
Nov 19, 2019, 11:4011/19/19
07/09/19

Archmage said:

Hello, respectful devs and staff. My question is if you can implement historical naval units into the game. Such as Bireme , Trireme and so on. They can be as standard recruitable units  and some champion naval units from renowned nations at that time. I see that in game in the top right next to port has space for a building, it may be called shipyard. Also these units can be open a major battle experience for the game as they introduce naval battles. They can participate along with the other units in a battle or separate. I am thinking like a two stage battle first with naval and then with ground units. It is left to your consideration ofc and how you tweak things. Maybe a unique resource can be added to recruit ships and loads of timber . I had this idea for some time , i dont know if anyone else already think that but its a good addition in the game i believe.

This task would be technically complicated and requires some major changes in the general battle mechanics of the game. Our game designers have some really nice idea for future releases and are focused on them at the moment. But thanks for your suggestion, anyway. We will keep it in mind if we decide to change this part of the game. 

A second request is that if it is possible to add more standard recruitable units. I see that all the new units added except elysian are obtained only by events and money. I have some suggestions for some units like thebes hoplites , Iberian swordmen or cavalry , carthaginian infatry , egyptian units ,i mean there are plenty of units you can think of in that time of history.
Thanks for reading my ideas and waiting for a response.
Archmage

Thank you, I'll check with the game designers if we are thinking of increasing the variety of standard units. 

Nov 19, 2019, 15:0911/19/19
09/22/15
Thank you for your time! I hope some units will be added to the game. 
Nov 19, 2019, 15:1311/19/19
Nov 19, 2019, 15:26(edited)
09/22/15

Sparta had navy but not that efficient and strong like Athens . One example is the naval battle of Salamina.

Also in the Peloponesian War they built ships mainly for defense. However they depended mainly in allied city states for ships during naval battles but they always had their own ships and captain as commander of the fleet even if they had small numbers.