1. Farm is already there so the first thing you have to do is to get your farmers. and the best are:
- Scythian Marauder (Very fast but week though not a problem if it's just for farming. You can get them in the market using your drachmas)
- Carthaginian Horsemen (If you don't want to invest drachmas, this is the fastest farmer you can build using ordinary resources)
- Macedonian Cavalry (Much slower than the first 2 but much stronger. It has an advantage when there's a PvP and some players are sending traps everywhere.)
2. Explore the map within 30 miles radius (I only go for up to 20 miles and it can give me all the resources I need for the whole week) and dispatch scouts to presumably dead cities with level 50 or higher. You can assume that a city is dead if it doesn't belong to any coalition and all of their towers are down. Sometimes, there are cities with coalition but also dead, if you're always exploring the map and visits each city, you will notice that some of them are not leveling up and if their towers are down.
3. Make a list of cities' coordinates that can give you 100k resources. If it has a 40k of each resources and you can see the roof of their acropolis is not green, go for it. But if their acropolis is green, it means it can protect larger resources so make sure that it has 60k or more for each resources. You will notice that most dead cities gives you a lot of grains which is good for you if you have a very large army. Some cities gives almost the same amount of each resources and some of them only give bronze and timber. You can make a separate list of cities so that you can track which cities will give you which resources to fit your needs.
4. It's very important that you upgrade your port and harbor to increase the capacity of your galleys because when you send a raid to a city the game only allow you to take 50k resources. but if you send them 50k resources for about 20 seconds before your raid hit them and cancel it after the hit, you can get up to 100k. This is known as the galley trick.
*Some players worry too much when we're talking about this trick because they're thinking that Plarium will check this bug and fix it and we can no longer get more than 50k res per raid. Good news is, Plarium already know about this for a long time but they're not removing this because it's not a bug. Let me explain. When someone raided you and they got 50k res, that 50k res came from you so when you raid them back, you can get 100k. That's 50k of their resources and 50k of what's originally yours which they took earlier. That same principle applies with trading so when you send them resources, even if it's still on the way, It's already considered as theirs even though it's not yet on their city that;s why you can get 100k resources from them using this galley trick. The good thing is you can cancel this transaction within 50 seconds of confirmation. I repeat. It's not a bug. It is a trick. You're not tricking the game, but you're tricking their city. It's like tricking your enemy in real life but it doesn't mean you're tricking the principles of life and the universe.
This is my longest post so far but to wrap it up, scout your prospects, raid them when their res is enough to give you 100k, send 50k res about 20 seconds before the raid hits and cancel the transaction after. A little warning though,the reason I prefer 20 seconds is so that you have enough time to cancel it because if you're too slow and cancel the galley after 50 seconds have passed, the game will charge you some drachmas. Anyway, If you send it 20 seconds before the hit, you still have 30 seconds to cancel and that's a lot of leeway so I guess it won't happen to you.
And for "The Irate Penguin" (T.I.P.) don't you think 250 drachmas is too small of a reward for those who give this kind of tip?
I mean I received 2000 drachmas several times by typing about 10 characters in other contest and you require us to go beyond 1000 this time. LoL
Anyway, cheers buddy and happy raiding everyone!