Nearly unplayable, again

Nearly unplayable, again

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 15, 2018, 20:2602/15/18
10/08/14

Nearly unplayable, again

Since the last time the lag in the game was ameliorated, it is now getting to the point the game is nearly unplayable. For example, one can expect a lag time of five to ten seconds or more until the game responds to the command given. Most of my coalition has simply stopped being active as a result. No one wants to lose troops by sending raids and sieges that are not rapidly executed or responds to their commands. Please, do tell me that I have to do this thing or that thing and the lag will disappear. It will not. This lag is throughout the game, not just an isolated player here or there, so to blame ones operating system, internet connection, or other mysterious happenstances, is not an answer. I have logged onto the game for 1228 consecutive days, so I have experienced most all of the changes that have occurred during that time, and this lag is not limited to fighting. Things like divine quests, selecting troops to build, and really anything that requires a cursor being placed on a button and a mouse click is simply not functioning with any accuracy with regard to a response.

From past posts in the Forum, I expect the standard party line response from Plarium, and that is that somehow, I and all the others in my coalition are to blame somehow, when in fact, it is the game itself that is responsible. Too many players from all over the world are experiencing this lag for it to be blamed on any individual player and the usual deflections made by Plarium that always imply that it must be our fault somehow. No, I will be very careful in my gameplay and only participate in a bare minimum fashion until this is fixed. While it would be a great change to remark on something positive happening in the game, unfortunately until you fix the lag, and the many other problems with the game interface, I sincerely doubt you will see many positive posts. For the most part, playing the game is becoming more like work than recreation, and most people are not playing the game for extra work.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 15, 2018, 22:2702/15/18
Feb 15, 2018, 22:28(edited)
04/13/16
for me it's like that   for three days ..but only  by night  ..today also had  dificulty ...it's hard to play  the game ..because alll the time i'm riskking to lose all my army ..when i'm doing some offensive moves ..because the game ..has lags ..and sometimes stuck 
Feb 15, 2018, 23:0302/15/18
01/05/16

i very much agree and i can relate to every word woad said here in his post , its the fact , i experience this every 10 to 15 minutes , the game all of a sudden stops working and get notified 'an error ocurred' , and to copy the link and send a ticket , which i think is a waste of time , you cant login for a long time until you can finally get back in the game , its been really good the new features and everything but the game starts to lag even more now and its hardly playable , looks like there are many players complaining since a while now and this is just one of the other posts which was posted not too long ago https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/97468_solve-this-issue---its-been-long---its-time/ 

i havent spoken because many members already have and are still doing it for a while , and i see the replies to these reports , saying please clear your browser or install latest version of flash , or saying please explain more on the matter and post screenshots when the messages posted by players is very clear , so i dont know why it needs more explaining to do , so i thought its better not to speak of it even here as it can be a waste of time , i request you to please take these complaints to the main department incharge , and to please sought this issue out , because this game has got alot better with new features , but some problems like these including it glitching and chat getting cleared up and other things still arent soughted out , thankyou.

MariusAdmin
Feb 16, 2018, 10:2902/16/18
09/04/17

I have checked with Support and there is, apparently, no significant increased in reports about lag or latency issues on the Plarium Portal servers. That is not to say you are not experiencing issues, but rather to point out it might not be as wide-spread - or that people who are affected do not report it to Support. The thread that Punisher linked is a good step forward, so if anyone has that issue and can provide a way to recreate the situation as our Support agent requested, it would be very helpful in identifying and solving the issue.

Just in case I would also like to remind people that if they are taking part in the beta and have WebGL enabled (beta version slider in the profile), they will need to disable the Flash Player plugin to help with general game performance. 
Feb 16, 2018, 12:0602/16/18
01/05/16

hm , aite , sounds good , thanks buddy

Feb 16, 2018, 13:4502/16/18
08/21/14

more then 4 days game is so slow,you must click two times for anything,and then to wait few seconds something to happen,......gods are meddling.....object's not found....you have not enough galleys.......CCC

Tonaya

Feb 17, 2018, 01:3602/17/18
10/07/15

I agree with WOAD 100%.  I also do not send 'bug' reports or screenshots, or anything else.  I feel like it's a waste of time anymore.  Plarium just gives us the same old song and dance.  Hearing that BS has gotten pretty old.  In truth, Plarium is in denial of problems with their game.  As long as that continues nothing will be fixed.  

I was on during the Live Chat but no one was posting so I giggled and left.

As long as Plarium continues their denial of how bad things are with functions and weak perks of the game the walls of Sparta will continue to fall.
Feb 17, 2018, 17:4702/17/18
Feb 17, 2018, 18:01(edited)
04/13/16

my ticket was closed without response(if it was lag from them of my provider) in regards of this lag problem (295777) so you are right ... we contact support for nothing

p.s. tonight also the game have lag ..so quit playing and hide on the bubble :)..check the picture below ..of my game  ...two minutes after the first print screen ..it's the same :)

Feb 17, 2018, 21:3502/17/18
06/15/15
you are kidding us, right?  All anyone has to do is log in and try to play for half an hour.  Stop with all this BS about how nobody else is reporting problems, and get it right.  Any marketing professional can tell you that if you have one complaining customer, you also have 10 that do not bother to complain, they just stop being your customer.  If that is what Plarium wants, Plarium is going about it the right way.
Feb 17, 2018, 21:5002/17/18
01/31/16

the freaking game is not working!

MODERATORS!!!!!!! ARE YOU DOING SOMTHING ABOUT IT OR NOT!!!!!

EVERYTHING FREAKING WORKS AFTER 20 SECONDS AFTER CLICKING!!!!!!!

A RAID WAS COMING I SECURED MY TROOPS 1000 TIMMES AND STILL FOR 10 MINUTES IT WAS OUT!!!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON!

AM DONE WITH THIS GAME. THIS IS A TACTIC FOR US TO LOSE MONEY AND TROOPS!

FREAKING AMATEURS!

Feb 18, 2018, 05:4302/18/18
Feb 18, 2018, 05:45(edited)
11/05/15

Moderators dont have the ability to look into this for you 

please raise a ticket with support https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

and please dont type in all caps, I appreciate you are extremely frustrated, I would be too if the game was doing this to me, however all caps is against the forum rules 

Feb 18, 2018, 06:2302/18/18
08/13/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

I have checked with Support and there is, apparently, no significant increased in reports about lag or latency issues on the Plarium Portal servers. That is not to say you are not experiencing issues, but rather to point out it might not be as wide-spread - or that people who are affected do not report it to Support. The thread that Punisher linked is a good step forward, so if anyone has that issue and can provide a way to recreate the situation as our Support agent requested, it would be very helpful in identifying and solving the issue.

Just in case I would also like to remind people that if they are taking part in the beta and have WebGL enabled (beta version slider in the profile), they will need to disable the Flash Player plugin to help with general game performance. 
If you think the majority are still going through the effort of logging/submitting the "an error has occured", then think again.
MariusAdmin
Feb 19, 2018, 08:4902/19/18
09/04/17

I get the frustration, everyone, but ignoring Support is not the right solution. In fact in this situation it is actually detrimental, and here is why:

As you know, Community team is not around on the weekend. However, we do have a system to receive reports about significant issues. When it comes to lag and latency problems, Support plays an important part in determining the scale of the issue and initiating action from the devs. If you ignore Support and do not report your problem, we are not made aware of it in time. Right now we'll be looking into the situation and seeing what might be causing the issue with lag on our Portal servers.
Feb 19, 2018, 09:3402/19/18
Feb 19, 2018, 09:37(edited)
04/13/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

I get the frustration, everyone, but ignoring Support is not the right solution. In fact in this situation it is actually detrimental, and here is why:

As you know, Community team is not around on the weekend. However, we do have a system to receive reports about significant issues. When it comes to lag and latency problems, Support plays an important part in determining the scale of the issue and initiating action from the devs. If you ignore Support and do not report your problem, we are not made aware of it in time. Right now we'll be looking into the situation and seeing what might be causing the issue with lag on our Portal servers.
why  to contact  support if the  tickets are closed  without response like was my case and in general you guys tell us the problem it's from us ???    i  wrote you guys  5 days ago that it's an problem with the lag on servers ...and nobody investigate it proper  
Feb 19, 2018, 09:4302/19/18
11/05/15
Skulder I can only apologise if you feel this hasnt been looked into thus far, I can, however confirm that it is being looked into now, it has been raised on the bug report forum and in the moderators chat and I have received assurances that it is being looked at as a matter of urgency 
MariusAdmin
Feb 19, 2018, 09:5502/19/18
09/04/17
Skulder said:

why  to contact  support if the  tickets are closed  without response like was my case and in general you guys tell us the problem it's from us ???    i  wrote you guys  5 days ago that it's an problem with the lag on servers ...and nobody investigate it proper  
Provide me with a ticket number and I'll take a look. The last ticket you claimed was closed without a response was, in fact, given a response by the Support agent. If that is not the case here, I'll double-check with Support.
Feb 19, 2018, 10:4702/19/18
Feb 19, 2018, 10:57(edited)
04/13/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

where was the support response in regards lag  problems there ???    from what you saw i asked if the problem of lag it's from me or from you guys ..and didn't get any response you guys just close the ticket 

Feb 19, 2018, 10:5502/19/18
Feb 19, 2018, 10:59(edited)
06/13/15

Archons,

This weekend, the problems would have been caused by the increased server load. Everything is normally in order.

The devs will do everything possible so that this situation doesn't happen next weekend.

Feb 19, 2018, 11:0102/19/18
Feb 19, 2018, 11:03(edited)
04/13/16

Bill Almorra said:

Archons,

This weekend, the problems would have been caused by the increased server load. Everything is normally in order.

The devs will do everything possible so that this situation doesn't happen next weekend.

the exact same thing you guys said two months ago also ...when was the same problem last time 

what about some compesation to guys  for the inconveniences  ?? 

MariusAdmin
Feb 19, 2018, 11:0502/19/18
09/04/17
Skulder said:

where was the support response in regards lag  problems there ???    from what you saw i asked if the problem of lag it's from me or from you guys ..and didn't get any response you guys just close the ticket 

This is why I asked for the ticket ID, if I have it I can check myself. I can also see that the ticket has, in fact, been responded to. Your screenshot does not show a part of your own response that is basically saying goodbye. If you meant to continue speaking with Support, I suspect there may have been a miscommunication. Otherwise, I am not quite sure what you mean by claiming the ticket is closed without an answer.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.