Exact time to deliver the flag ?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 14, 2018, 11:2602/14/18
11/20/15

Here is one question about the flag and the capture the flag tournament.

When exactly capitals get the flags? If tournament is starting for example at 20:00:00 why is there a delay to flag delivery?
Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Feb 15, 2018, 08:5602/15/18
09/04/17
How much delay was there for you?
Feb 19, 2018, 12:0502/19/18
11/20/15

what you mean?

if the tournament starts at 20:00:00, shouldnt the flag be in the capital right at the start?

No, if you attack the capital and aim to hit it perfectly right on the time of start,you are not sure you will get the flag...

Of course im talking about players that put money in this game, if you do put the money in the game, you will get the flag...
MariusAdmin
Feb 19, 2018, 12:4902/19/18
09/04/17

I am trying to figure out if there could have been a mismatch between the server time and the time that you thought the attack would hit the Capital, hence my question. Do you have a screenshot of the attack itself?

Feb 20, 2018, 07:5402/20/18
Feb 20, 2018, 07:57(edited)
11/20/15

yes i send that screen shoot to your ''superteam support''... dont bother figuring that one out...i attacked it at 00:00:00 and didnt capture the flag...

another player attacked it just after me, also at 00:00:00 and he/she got the flag... he is a heavy coiner i aint... thats how the game works...

i know this because i got the screen shoot from hegemon, and i send it to support... basicly they told me to f... in a kind words... ''the flag wasnt delivered yet when my attack landed'' and it was there when his did, if this isnt brutal lie, i dont know what is...

but hey thanks for try... i thought some1 has the facts of it thats why i asked this question...

fyi: time on the reports dont lie... you have a countdown about that tourney that shows you when it will start, so you can hit that perfectly, just like i did, but guess we are not all the same... maybe next time i should try and hit that delivery boy with the flag on his way to capitals, lol...
Feb 21, 2018, 08:2402/21/18
11/20/15
did cat eat your tongue or what? Usually you are so fast with reply... wondering what is taking you so long this time...
MariusAdmin
Feb 21, 2018, 08:5502/21/18
Feb 21, 2018, 08:55(edited)
09/04/17
Looks like your post was lost among all others, though it is no reason to be rude. The idea that the other player got the flag because you think they are a "coiner" is also quite ridiculous - I am not even sure if it would be possible to code something like that in and make it work consistently. The answer you were given, however, appears to be correct. It is not always possible to ensure perfect sync on the server - so the attack you sent may have indeed hit a few seconds too early and the flag was not yet "created" in that Capital by the server.
Feb 22, 2018, 07:4802/22/18
Feb 22, 2018, 08:18(edited)
11/20/15

i think it was a good joke, but you believe i was rude, never mind..

''so the attack you sent may have indeed hit a few seconds too early and the flag was not yet "created" in that Capital by the server''

Funny how you believe that my words are ''quite ridiculous''. I gave your support team evidence about the hit, all they did is insulted my intelligence with the reply. You people are never wrong, im just stunned with you all being gods...

a few seconds early ??? Do you read before you post reply? There is a timer that shows you exactly when the tournament starts. the hit was timed perfectly. I dont know what else to say here... 

MariusAdmin
Feb 22, 2018, 08:2502/22/18
09/04/17
You are yet to provide any screenshots of this perfectly timed attack, so I only have your words to go by. Still, from what I understand, you timed the hit so it would reach the target Capital at 00:00:00 of the event start time, correct? If that is the case, read my post above again and see what I was trying to say. Due to sync not being perfect, perhaps, the flag may not have been put into that Capital at 00:00:00 but rather would appear at 00:00:02 or something like that. The exact details depend, this is merely an example of what could have happened.
Feb 23, 2018, 06:5902/23/18
11/20/15

here is your details about the hit... I hit it first right after the tourney started, first hit didnt get the flag, but the second hit did...

Answers like flag wasnt delivered yet is bs, because, what is the point of having timer than ???

There is nothing you or any1 can say on this matter that will justify you or your support team, or this messed up game...

MariusAdmin
Feb 23, 2018, 08:4702/23/18
09/04/17
I had to delete Support message screenshots as posting those is against Forum Rules. Now, as for the matter itself. When you are trying to time an attack to hit perfectly as soon as the timer hits 0 there is always a risk. Small lag/latency/sync delay are possible and while they are usually not causing any significant issues this delay may mean that you are a few seconds or even less too early with these attacks. It could also be the time on your PC not matching with the server time as another possible cause for this. Regardless, if you already have your mind made up as you say yourself this is about as much as I can say on the matter.
Feb 23, 2018, 14:1002/23/18
11/20/15

Dimitry please don't insult my intelligence. I'm not happy that you deleted replies from support but ok if those are against the rules. I timed that attack to hit 1 second after the tourney starts. You don't need the time on your computer or any time at all...

you all try to prove I'm wrong, and you are all saying nonsense. I'm only watching the timer in the game, and i know how long it takes for my troops to get there, this is not a rocket science here people, it is simple math. Stop making excuses and admit that there is something wrong here.

I wont justify myself any more to you or your support team, because it makes no sense, and I'm just wasting time with this game, and my effort to prove a point is just like talking to a wall...

neither you or support gave a concrete answer, and that is all I wanted. It is not the problem that i made up my mind about this. No 1 gave me a certain answer, all i see is: it could be this it could be that, bla bla bla... sry but that is how i see it...

MariusAdmin
Feb 23, 2018, 15:5602/23/18
09/04/17
There is no insult here, much less aimed at your intelligence. Since the matter is clearly close to your heart we went through the logs for that month and found that the Tournament started 49 seconds after your attack hit. It looks like you were there a bit too early after all.
Feb 23, 2018, 16:0602/23/18
01/10/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

There is no insult here, much less aimed at your intelligence. Since the matter is clearly close to your heart we went through the logs for that month and found that the Tournament started 49 seconds after your attack hit. It looks like you were there a bit too early after all.

there, mystery solved.

Once i had similar problem bying schetches immediately as 30% percent discount activated, but the game charged me a full price. Luckily support reimbursed me with the drachmas lost (which is still hard to believe knowing the support behaviour :) :) :))
Feb 24, 2018, 07:5302/24/18
Feb 24, 2018, 07:57(edited)
06/13/15

DMT said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

there, mystery solved.

Once i had similar problem bying schetches immediately as 30% percent discount activated, but the game charged me a full price. Luckily support reimbursed me with the drachmas lost (which is still hard to believe knowing the support behaviour :) :) :))

Archon,   

The support is right facing this kind of situation. Know that there are many players who make disappear drachmas or other objects voluntarily and which make pass for this a bug or an abnormal disappearance in order to be refunded. But it is useless to do it, the support checks everything.

For this reason, ticket processing can take a long time (among other things).

Of course, there are honest players. 

Feb 26, 2018, 07:0402/26/18
11/20/15

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Wrong, second attack came after few seconds after mine, so that one also was too early, but got the flag...

And that screen shoot about the attack tells it all...

What is the point of having timer than? If the tourney started, shouldn't the flag be in the capital at the start, or the game sends postman to deliver it? 

The tourney started at 8:00:00, and you claim that it started 49 seconds after my hit... lame excuses is all i get here... 

I think we wasted enough time on this debate

Feb 26, 2018, 07:0802/26/18
11/20/15

Of course, there are honest players. 

Not sure what is this comment about, but i posted the screen shoots to prove my point, and all i got is that lame answer about being 49 seconds early... common you people can do better than that.

My report page is wrong, from hege of that coa report page is wrong, but hey yours is right...

I'm not sure what other players think about this, but this is just proof that game is bad, bugged and lame lately...

MariusAdmin
Feb 26, 2018, 09:1302/26/18
09/04/17
Ahilej said:

Wrong, second attack came after few seconds after mine, so that one also was too early, but got the flag...

And that screen shoot about the attack tells it all...

What is the point of having timer than? If the tourney started, shouldn't the flag be in the capital at the start, or the game sends postman to deliver it? 

Our logs say differently. And time one the report on the screenshot only shows the minute, not the seconds, so it is impossible to confirm your claim based on that screenshot alone.
Feb 26, 2018, 12:2302/26/18
Feb 26, 2018, 12:26(edited)
11/20/15

So your claim is that flag was delivered at 20:00:50...?

I aimed to hit it after 1 second, you claim I was 49 seconds early?

How is it possible for you to make your claim than? And again: what is the point to have a timer than? Shouldnt the flag be in capital right on the start of the tourney? Am i speaking a different language here or what part you guys dont understand? What is the delay on capitals getting the flag?

my report says i hit it after the tourney started right? obviously... so where was the flag, hanging in bar...?

Maybe you should scroll up and read my first question... In any case, not 1 claim made here makes sence... man...

MariusAdmin
Feb 26, 2018, 13:0502/26/18
09/04/17
According to our logs you hit the target Capital 49 seconds earlier than the Tournament started. Whether it was a mistake on your part or some sort of sync issue I am uncertain, all I know is that the second attack that claimed the flag arrived after the Tournament started and yours was early.
Feb 27, 2018, 08:1902/27/18
11/20/15

Tournament already started !!! check the report. My attack landed 1 or 2 seconds after the tourney started, why is that so difficult for you to comprehend I don't know? 

it wasn't a mistake on my side, and neither you or support gave me a decent reason to make me believe otherwise.

And I know you people will cut your eyes first, rather than admit there was something wrong with this.

this is just embarrassing. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.