Flas Player and Plarium's Faïry Tales!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 6, 2020, 06:3510/06/20
10/02/15

Flas Player and Plarium's Faïry Tales!

First of all:

Flash Player will end on December, 31 2020!!! It will neither be enhanced anymore nor supported. There will not be any possibililty to keep up security. If anybody uses Plarium's App, based on Flash Player he will risk to be hacked and worse!

But Plarium wants us to use an app based on a not supported system, being open for any hacker attacks! This is inacceptable!!

Here Adobe's announcement!

When is the Flash Player end-of-life (EOL)?

As previously announced in July 2017, Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (“EOL Date”). We made this announcement in collaboration with several of our technology partners – including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla – which issued complementary announcements with more technical detail on what the Flash Player EOL will mean for developers, enterprises, and consumers using their specific OS environments or browsers. 

Why did Adobe decide to EOL Flash Player and select the end of 2020 date?

Open standards such as HTML5, WebGL, and WebAssembly have continually matured over the years and serve as viable alternatives for Flash content. Also, the major browser vendors are integrating these open standards into their browsers and deprecating most other plug-ins (like Adobe Flash Player).By announcing our business decision in 2017, with three years’ advance notice, we believed that would allow sufficient time for developers, designers, businesses, and other parties to migrate existing Flash content as needed to new, open standards

How will this decision impact Adobe Flash Player support and distribution for the remainder of the year (2020)?

Adobe will continue issuing regular Flash Player security patches, maintain OS and browser compatibility, and add features and capabilities as determined by Adobe through the end of 2020.

Will Adobe make previous versions of Adobe Flash Player available for download after 2020?

No. Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.

Adobe always recommends using the latest, supported and up-to-date software. Customers should not use Flash Player after the EOL Date since it will not be supported by Adobe.

If I find Flash Player available for download on a third-party website, can I use it?

No, these versions of Flash Player are not authorized by Adobe. Customers should not use unauthorized versions of Flash Player.  Unauthorized downloads are a common source of malware and viruses.  Adobe has no responsibility for unauthorized versions of Flash Player and customers’ use of such versions is entirely at their own risk.

Which browsers and operating systems currently support Adobe Flash Player?

Please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html for the latest list of Flash-supported browsers and operating systems. Note, as it gets closer to the EOL Date, the number of Flash-supported browsers and operating systems may decrease so Adobe strongly encourages customers to migrate to other standards.

Will Adobe provide security updates for Flash Player after the end-of-life date?

Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the EOL Date. We recommend that all users uninstall Flash Player before the EOL date (see manual uninstall instructions for Windows and Mac users). Users will be prompted by Adobe to uninstall Flash Player on their machines later this year and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.

Does Apple Safari support Flash Player?

Apple Safari version 14, released for macOS in September 2020, will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content. Please visit Apple’s Safari support for more information.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 6, 2020, 12:3310/06/20
07/22/15

I would only risk installing plarium play on an old laptop which was reformatted, held no data and was used for nothing but the game.  No chance of me installing a plarium product on my newer laptop or PC.  So I will more than likely trash all my troops at the end of the year when no tournaments are on and be gone. I'm not really interested in the game anymore anyway.

I've read various complaints of plarium play not starting up on here and even a round of virus claims, which was fobbed off as an antivirus fault. I would only believe that if all complaints were using same version of antivirus.

The most complaints of WebGL were  the people thrown into test phase. When everyone got onto it graphics were not so sharp but for me it ran ok, no long loading, less lag.  I felt that WebGL was'nt too bad at the point when it was canned, but maybe plarium devs were out of their depth with it and they needed an easier option.

The flash version of the game has always been badly optimised, even with gaming computers it fires up your cpu over 80% and puts your fans into overdrive like you're playing a FPS game with detailed scenery.

On this thread, comm manager states "If you prefer to continue playing on browser, we're in the process of evaluating two different solutions"

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/131_news-and-announcements/201624_important---our-plans-for-the-end-of-flash-support/

There's not much time left till flash expire and we hear nothing more about solutions, yet WebGL had plenty of player testing. Care to elaborate on the two solutions mentioned in thread above, plarium staff?

Also, what permissions and access to your computer does Plarium play require, does anyone bother to check that when they install it?

Oct 6, 2020, 17:3610/06/20
02/14/18

Hello, spartans.

As you said before, Flash is coming to an end and Plarium told us thought our Community Manager that they are working on a solution, but still we don´t know-how is going to be implemented.

It´s a matter of trust and faith, I understand that the company doesn´t want to release any data before they smooth the process for us the best they can. Making an early change in a stage when things are still developing... well, that´s not going to work.

Me, I´m looking forward to see the changes. They told us we are going to experience some differences, and I´m really curious!

Oct 7, 2020, 20:1110/07/20
Oct 7, 2020, 22:05(edited)
08/21/14

vanesamei said:

Hello, spartans.

As you said before, Flash is coming to an end and Plarium told us thought our Community Manager that they are working on a solution, but still we don´t know-how is going to be implemented.

It´s a matter of trust and faith, I understand that the company doesn´t want to release any data before they smooth the process for us the best they can. Making an early change in a stage when things are still developing... well, that´s not going to work.

Me, I´m looking forward to see the changes. They told us we are going to experience some differences, and I´m really curious!

we'v already been thru all this,webGL,plarium app,ugly game look.....i think after 6 years playing game every day....its time to find another game to play >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1gGJqSCumI

Tonaya

Oct 8, 2020, 09:3610/08/20
11/05/15

copied and pasted from the Plarium facebook roup 

"Important!

Sparta: War of Empires Will Continue

Archon,

As you already know, Flash will be disabled in the near future. We want to inform you that the game will go on!

Our teams are working tirelessly on a pair of solutions that will preserve the game you play and love. In addition, we realize how much time and effort you've put into your progress, and we are committed to ensuring that you can keep what you've accomplished. According to our plans, your game state will be saved even after Flash is disabled.

We can't share any details just yet, but we'll keep you updated as more develops. Look for more information in November.

For the time being, keep fighting, and remember that you are the most important part of our games!

Basileus Leonidas"

Oct 8, 2020, 12:1510/08/20
07/22/15

A while back I left this game running while I was downloading at same time and I left computer for a few hours.  When i return this game had caused memory crash which put SSD into permanent error loop. Even removing drive it could not be accessed externally, so data lost and new drive required!

Not forgetting the shambles of webGL, all that wasted resource and time then can it at it's best state and take step back to the badly optimised flash.

So zero chance of me installing plarium play or any other 3rd party launcher.  I have no faith and no trust in plarium.

You cancelled a game on kongregate when it was not making enough profit to sustain costs, same will happen here.  Would have thought end of flash would be good excuse to fire the final torpedo into sinking ship sparta. 
Oct 10, 2020, 13:4210/10/20
Oct 10, 2020, 13:43(edited)
10/02/15

morteeee said:

"Important!

Archon,

As you already know, Flash will be disabled in the near future. We want to inform you that the game will go on!

Our teams are working tirelessly on a pair of solutions that will preserve the game you play and love. In addition, we realize how much time and effort you've put into your progress, and we are committed to ensuring that you can keep what you've accomplished. According to our plans, your game state will be saved even after Flash is disabled.

We can't share any details just yet, but we'll keep you updated as more develops. Look for more information in November.

For the time being, keep fighting, and remember that you are the most important part of our games!

Basileus Leonidas"

I can only laugh at this statement! Because Plarium told us for weeks they will continue using flash player for their useless app! And above all I do not use facebook, another unbearable social spyware! How naive can anybody be to believe Plarium? They had a long time to improve game and get a solution! But the only thing they change is to open more and more windows to make players to buy any useless things! And they are useless, because game will not run anymore soon! This is a matter of fact - not promises that never have come true till now!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 13, 2020, 14:2910/13/20
05/21/19
GENERAL #1620905 said:

A while back I left this game running while I was downloading at same time and I left computer for a few hours.  When i return this game had caused memory crash which put SSD into permanent error loop. Even removing drive it could not be accessed externally, so data lost and new drive required!

Not forgetting the shambles of webGL, all that wasted resource and time then can it at it's best state and take step back to the badly optimised flash.

So zero chance of me installing plarium play or any other 3rd party launcher.  I have no faith and no trust in plarium.

You cancelled a game on kongregate when it was not making enough profit to sustain costs, same will happen here.  Would have thought end of flash would be good excuse to fire the final torpedo into sinking ship sparta. 
Hello, Archon! I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues with your PC. However, I'm not sure that the game caused them... Anyway, I totally understand your concerns. We'll think how we can address them. Stay tuned!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 13, 2020, 14:3110/13/20
Oct 13, 2020, 14:36(edited)
05/21/19
RED KITE said:

morteeee said:

"Important!

Archon,

Basileus Leonidas"

I can only laugh at this statement! Because Plarium told us for weeks they will continue using flash player for their useless app! And above all I do not use facebook, another unbearable social spyware! How naive can anybody be to believe Plarium? They had a long time to improve game and get a solution! But the only thing they change is to open more and more windows to make players to buy any useless things! And they are useless, because game will not run anymore soon! This is a matter of fact - not promises that never have come true till now!

Hello, RED KITE! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. If you're playing on Plarium.com, no need for you to use Facebook, no worries here. And as stated in my message above, we'll think how we can address your concerns regarding our app. And no panic about the game being shut down - it will continue! Cheers! 
Oct 31, 2020, 15:1910/31/20
10/02/15

In a way it is only sad what I have to read by community managers.... Other browser games run on HTML 5 - and they really work! Their graphics is much better than Flash ever has been. And of course they started it months ago... Where - I wonder - are Plarium's developers or responibles to answer this very simple question:

Why are you obviously not able to tell us how you want Sparta to work after Flash has come to an end?

Maybe there is a simple answer, found in the following excel-report:

After spying on a 240 level position i got the following result:

i

Players attacking this position lose more than double as much resources if they attack this position with cavalry instead of light infantry. Who the hell would ever attack such a position with the weakest units in game? But it serves Plarium of course, because most of us use strong units to raid a level 240 position! Either you lose too many units and you are going to give up playing game, because you have enough of this kind of hustle or you waste a lot of money to revive at least some of the units being lost.

Can it be that Plarium makes as much money as possible just now because they plan to finalize game? I would not bother if they finalized it if i did not do same mistake as most of us. I spent money playing it. I admit: This is really stupid! I should have known better! It is a waste!

NancyAdmin
Nov 2, 2020, 15:0411/02/20
Nov 2, 2020, 15:04(edited)
07/09/19
RED KITE

In a way it is only sad what I have to read by community managers.... Other browser games run on HTML 5 - and they really work! Their graphics is much better than Flash ever has been. And of course they started it months ago... Where - I wonder - are Plarium's developers or responibles to answer this very simple question:

Why are you obviously not able to tell us how you want Sparta to work after Flash has come to an end?

Maybe there is a simple answer, found in the following excel-report:

After spying on a 240 level position i got the following result:

i

Players attacking this position lose more than double as much resources if they attack this position with cavalry instead of light infantry. Who the hell would ever attack such a position with the weakest units in game? But it serves Plarium of course, because most of us use strong units to raid a level 240 position! Either you lose too many units and you are going to give up playing game, because you have enough of this kind of hustle or you waste a lot of money to revive at least some of the units being lost.

Can it be that Plarium makes as much money as possible just now because they plan to finalize game? I would not bother if they finalized it if i did not do same mistake as most of us. I spent money playing it. I admit: This is really stupid! I should have known better! It is a waste!

I'm afraid I don't understand what is the connection between Flash and Persian Positions. 

RED KITE, first off, there is a ready solution which is - keep playing Sparta via Plarium Play. Secondly, rest assured that we don't plan to close Sparte. When we come up with the final decision for other platforms, we will let our community know about it. Your patience is much appreciated. 

Nov 5, 2020, 10:3711/05/20
06/10/16

Simply: I don't believe game will run after 31/12/2020.

Looks like the application called flash wrapper is not working(since 2 days i installed last version of OS and i won't come back to previous) with 64bit Catalina mac os, it is really a mess.

Plarium do you think your behave is fair?No way.

regards

Nov 5, 2020, 18:0611/05/20
11/05/15

guys Plarium have lready let us know that Sparta will survive!

therefore I am going to lock this thread 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.