Little to no remedies for problems

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
May 17, 2020, 17:2805/17/20
10/19/14

I have played this game for nearly six long years and it is rare indeed that any issue that arises is ever remedied without the player having to take valuable time to provide proof for the problem in the form of screenshots or something called a har. file, and even when one does that it is very unlikely that the player gets the remedy they seeking. In other words, the support for this game is all but non-existent. A fair comparison here would be likened to buying a car from a dealer and finding out it does not operate correctly, and when one approaches the dealer, he simply shrugs and says "fix it yourself or live with it" . My husband and I have spent thousands of dollars here over the years hoping nothing too bad happens for we know we are highly unlikely to get any help or satisfaction with our issues.

Some problems one simply has to tolerate to play the game I guess, like the usual lag or freezes or constant logging on and off to get real time information, like battle reports. There are many issues with the way the game operates, and frankly those who operate it. The blatant disregard for the players would not be tolerated in many other arenas of life.

Now, just this morning I sent a lone assassin to another player, when I returned to the computer to see the effects, there were none. There was no evidence of the assassin being sent other than there was one less in my city. The opposing player had no shield or protection, simply no effect. I then sent another and it had an effect at least. At best I am out one assassin, at the worst, the game stole five hundred drachma from me due to the assassin being subtracted from my account, but not hitting its target.

Unacceptable, there is no reason for this to happen, but if there is a reason, plarium will find a way to absolve itself of any responsibility or remedy for this occurrence. So, even if this post does elicit a response, if it includes jumping through some type of plarium hoops, save your fingers contacting me. Over the years I have come to expect to be cheated, disregarded, and generally ignored for any issue pertaining to the operation of the game. If nothing else it made me feel a slight bit better for illustrating for others the sad lack of support in this game and total disdain and lack of respect for the players of it, in spite of the fact that we are spending real money here.

I do know that at some point, the cumulative effects of all these slights over nearly six years of playing will reach a tipping point and the game will become just something I did for awhile. I am sure I can find much better uses for my discretionary income than to pay to disrespected and do someone's job for them. No other business would get away with the antics of Plarium and remain viable and I assure you that there are likely many others out there that have suffered in silence the things I have pointed out, and who knows what their tipping point is, only they do, but we all  have one.

The environment that this type of thing creates is toxic and while I can only speak for myself, the remedy for this issue is simple. Plarium needs to be more responsive and provide real-time support that is effective and addresses players issues with the game. But, to expect this to change now after all these years I think is wishful thinking. In the grand scheme of things these small losses, like my assassin going missing happen here al the time, just another rock in the sack, but when the sack becomes so heavy one cannot carry it, it will be set aside.

As I said, in any other facet of business the customer is accommodated as much as possible and every effort is made generally to address the issues they may have, but not here. Someday, many will reach that place where they are tired of being marginalized and ignored. Actually, I think many have already reached that conclusion and while it is difficult to walk away from a large investment of time and money, sometimes it is necessary to do so to avoid the inevitability of a really large problem that has little to no chance of being resolved without a lot of unnecessary work on the part of the player. 
Views
Comments
Comments
May 18, 2020, 01:1105/18/20
08/21/14

Fudd said:

I have played this game for nearly six long years and it is rare indeed that any issue that arises is ever remedied without the player having to take valuable time to provide proof for the problem in the form of screenshots or something called a har. file, and even when one does that it is very unlikely that the player gets the remedy they seeking. In other words, the support for this game is all but non-existent. A fair comparison here would be likened to buying a car from a dealer and finding out it does not operate correctly, and when one approaches the dealer, he simply shrugs and says "fix it yourself or live with it" . My husband and I have spent thousands of dollars here over the years hoping nothing too bad happens for we know we are highly unlikely to get any help or satisfaction with our issues.

Some problems one simply has to tolerate to play the game I guess, like the usual lag or freezes or constant logging on and off to get real time information, like battle reports. There are many issues with the way the game operates, and frankly those who operate it. The blatant disregard for the players would not be tolerated in many other arenas of life.

Now, just this morning I sent a lone assassin to another player, when I returned to the computer to see the effects, there were none. There was no evidence of the assassin being sent other than there was one less in my city. The opposing player had no shield or protection, simply no effect. I then sent another and it had an effect at least. At best I am out one assassin, at the worst, the game stole five hundred drachma from me due to the assassin being subtracted from my account, but not hitting its target.

Unacceptable, there is no reason for this to happen, but if there is a reason, plarium will find a way to absolve itself of any responsibility or remedy for this occurrence. So, even if this post does elicit a response, if it includes jumping through some type of plarium hoops, save your fingers contacting me. Over the years I have come to expect to be cheated, disregarded, and generally ignored for any issue pertaining to the operation of the game. If nothing else it made me feel a slight bit better for illustrating for others the sad lack of support in this game and total disdain and lack of respect for the players of it, in spite of the fact that we are spending real money here.

I do know that at some point, the cumulative effects of all these slights over nearly six years of playing will reach a tipping point and the game will become just something I did for awhile. I am sure I can find much better uses for my discretionary income than to pay to disrespected and do someone's job for them. No other business would get away with the antics of Plarium and remain viable and I assure you that there are likely many others out there that have suffered in silence the things I have pointed out, and who knows what their tipping point is, only they do, but we all  have one.

The environment that this type of thing creates is toxic and while I can only speak for myself, the remedy for this issue is simple. Plarium needs to be more responsive and provide real-time support that is effective and addresses players issues with the game. But, to expect this to change now after all these years I think is wishful thinking. In the grand scheme of things these small losses, like my assassin going missing happen here al the time, just another rock in the sack, but when the sack becomes so heavy one cannot carry it, it will be set aside.

As I said, in any other facet of business the customer is accommodated as much as possible and every effort is made generally to address the issues they may have, but not here. Someday, many will reach that place where they are tired of being marginalized and ignored. Actually, I think many have already reached that conclusion and while it is difficult to walk away from a large investment of time and money, sometimes it is necessary to do so to avoid the inevitability of a really large problem that has little to no chance of being resolved without a lot of unnecessary work on the part of the player. 

all truth

Tonaya
NancyAdmin
May 18, 2020, 14:4705/18/20
Aug 26, 2020, 14:54(edited)
07/09/19

Fudd said:

Hello Fudd. 

I see your point and I'm sorry to hear that you have such an opinion about our customer support service. We do our best to provide our players with high-quality customer service and keep working on the improvement of the services we provide. I'd also like to mention here that there are a lot of cases and possible bugs that can be reproduced only in a certain concatenation of circumstances not to mention that a lot of loading lag and freeze issues can be caused by numerous issues on the side of player's ISP or e.g on FB side if you play there. That's why to reproduce an issue and to better assist our player, we ask players to provide the information needed to check on or another case. 

You mentioned that you had an issue with assassins on May 17th, in order for me to check this issue and better assist you, I need to know the following information: 

- Server # you are on

- Approximate time of a battle (if you remember the exact time, it'll be a plus)

- Coordinates of your opponent

I would really appreciate it if you could send them to me here or to our technical support directly. If you send this information to the support team, please let me know the ticket ID. Thank you in advance.