Diplomacy..Cooperation..Friendship-The Lost Arts In Sparta WOE

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 24, 2019, 17:3511/24/19
03/06/16

In any conflict-whether in real life or cyber-there is always room for diplomacy, cooperation and friendship.

I always extend the hand of friendship and cooperation regarding sieges, emporium strikes for 2 Agema missions and so forth.

I am not going to call out one nationality or country of origin here pertaining to our life on Sparta WOE.

But requesting permission to raid a seige, and giving permission to have my seiges raided with no threat to the individual's city or requesting cooperation in the emporium should not be met with a hostile and highly inappropriate message, nor death threats to one's family.

In ancient Sparta, honor and integrity of speech were 'tangible" articles.

Witness, if you will,an exchange after a raid:

Player 1: you raid my sieges again and I will **** your daughter

Me: yes, I raided your sieges. I'm also sending back resources as a sign of courtesy & respect.

Player 1: **** your courtesy and respect. I will **** your mother and whole family

Me: You do not need to use language in that manner. This is a game. If you like, I can and will send troops to a dead city near you for to attack and get PVP. As i have stated, I have already sent resources back to you from raiding your siege.

Additional messages came, and I blocked them. I also PA'd this dirtbag every hour and sent over 100 sieges and/or raids

I contacted the Hege, showed him the messages and the player was kicked from the coalition. Looks like the city has been abandoned.

Well, that's good for all of Sparta!

The game's algorithms have changed since Plarium was sold to Aristocrat-we have all witnessed that with questions regarding Persian positions or Guardians. "I"..can not, nor do I have any input as to what a large gaming cooperation does to enhance the "bottom line".

What I do have control over is the way I play-respectful to all. 

It is my thought process that in cooperation, we (I) can cooperate without blowing my Army out. An Army that I (and you) have spent considerable time (and yes..a few packages purchased) to build.

Here's a different response from another interaction-this time with a certain large former # 1 coalition (yes, I saved it)

Me: Well, that attack made me arse tingle..lol

Player: LOL:)

Me: I'm telling my mommy on you

Player: ROTFLMAO:)))

Me: On second thought, I'm going to find you and send you a 300 lb exotic dancer to sit on you

Player: The fact that you know a 300 lb exotic dancer makes me scared...lmao:))) Resources sent, F/R sent. Thank you for being an Honorable player with a sense of humor. Attacks will stop:)

Me: ..and thank you. maybe you could give some tips on game play? I need some tips on PP?

Player: Not a problem..ask your questions. I have a spreadsheet I can show you..

The above player is still in a high level coalition..AND still helps me from time to time.

Wish there was more like him/her!!

As stated earlier, the game has "evolved and changed" as far as algorithms and mechanics show.

It is my most humble opinion that we do not need to descend into the abyss of hatred and/or threats of this manner.

Isn't there enough of that in the world already?

Respect to all.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 25, 2019, 11:4311/25/19
01/27/15

Sparta is the only game where I see adults get upset about someone taking resources from a city they do not own.  

Fights in sparta are almost always over 100k pieces of grain LOL

Wars are always caused by multi-player chat rooms where someones feelings got hurt
Nov 25, 2019, 20:0311/25/19
11/05/15

no room for rudeness or filth like that in ANY game OR real life situation!

Well done for turning him/her into a farm 
Dec 5, 2019, 16:5312/05/19
08/21/14

Jax454 said:

In any conflict-whether in real life or cyber-there is always room for diplomacy, cooperation and friendship.

I always extend the hand of friendship and cooperation regarding sieges, emporium strikes for 2 Agema missions and so forth.

I am not going to call out one nationality or country of origin here pertaining to our life on Sparta WOE.

But requesting permission to raid a seige, and giving permission to have my seiges raided with no threat to the individual's city or requesting cooperation in the emporium should not be met with a hostile and highly inappropriate message, nor death threats to one's family.

In ancient Sparta, honor and integrity of speech were 'tangible" articles.

Witness, if you will,an exchange after a raid:

Player 1: you raid my sieges again and I will **** your daughter

Me: yes, I raided your sieges. I'm also sending back resources as a sign of courtesy & respect.

Player 1: **** your courtesy and respect. I will **** your mother and whole family

Me: You do not need to use language in that manner. This is a game. If you like, I can and will send troops to a dead city near you for to attack and get PVP. As i have stated, I have already sent resources back to you from raiding your siege.

Additional messages came, and I blocked them. I also PA'd this dirtbag every hour and sent over 100 sieges and/or raids

I contacted the Hege, showed him the messages and the player was kicked from the coalition. Looks like the city has been abandoned.

Well, that's good for all of Sparta!

The game's algorithms have changed since Plarium was sold to Aristocrat-we have all witnessed that with questions regarding Persian positions or Guardians. "I"..can not, nor do I have any input as to what a large gaming cooperation does to enhance the "bottom line".

What I do have control over is the way I play-respectful to all. 

It is my thought process that in cooperation, we (I) can cooperate without blowing my Army out. An Army that I (and you) have spent considerable time (and yes..a few packages purchased) to build.

Here's a different response from another interaction-this time with a certain large former # 1 coalition (yes, I saved it)

Me: Well, that attack made me arse tingle..lol

Player: LOL:)

Me: I'm telling my mommy on you

Player: ROTFLMAO:)))

Me: On second thought, I'm going to find you and send you a 300 lb exotic dancer to sit on you

Player: The fact that you know a 300 lb exotic dancer makes me scared...lmao:))) Resources sent, F/R sent. Thank you for being an Honorable player with a sense of humor. Attacks will stop:)

Me: ..and thank you. maybe you could give some tips on game play? I need some tips on PP?

Player: Not a problem..ask your questions. I have a spreadsheet I can show you..

The above player is still in a high level coalition..AND still helps me from time to time.

Wish there was more like him/her!!

As stated earlier, the game has "evolved and changed" as far as algorithms and mechanics show.

It is my most humble opinion that we do not need to descend into the abyss of hatred and/or threats of this manner.

Isn't there enough of that in the world already?

Respect to all.

i offer my home address for any threatening msg :)

Dec 23, 2019, 02:1412/23/19
Dec 23, 2019, 02:44(edited)
02/25/16

I totally relate to the interactions you describe.  I must admit I relish the opportunity to drive rude, threatening and humorless players nuts by not taking them seriously.  If anyone asks me politely to stop raiding a farm or hitting their Emporium I will immediately stop.  On the other hand if I see a volley of PA's followed by obscene threatening messages I will make it my mission to continue and even go out of my way to find more farms/emporiums/alts belonging to the same player and hit them too.

There is not much damage that can be done to you in the game when you are cautious. Threats about "tearing down your city" "turning it into a farm" "relentless attacks forever" "being put on our coalition death list" etc.are typically just empty talk.

The game favors defensive play and hit and run strategies. It takes a lot of effort to "make another player's life miserable" with raids, PA's, breaking sieges etc. It is a lot more trouble for the perpetrator than for the intended victim. Most bullies will grow bored within a few days and give up.

Over the years I have come across quite a few "raging" players in the game.  I have concluded that they act out real life rage through the game.  They behave in ways that would not be acceptable with real people and usually take the game much more seriously than most of us.