rules or chaos?

rules or chaos?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 23, 2019, 23:4411/23/19
02/25/16

rules or chaos?

I have now been playing 38 days without spending a single dollar on the game.  I have saved over $500 and reduced Plarium's revenue by the same.  I am not boycotting the game and I wish that Plarium could still earn that revenue from me but their own actions have created this outcome.

Why did I quit spending money on the game?  At the core is the uncertainty that Plarium introduced by changing the Guardian rules without warning.  Not just the one change by itself but the uncertainty that it introduces in regard to every other "rule". 

What if Plarium changed the PP payout rules without telling us and 1000s of players killed their entire army trying to get payouts that were no longer available?

Or if they introduced new super-units that were 100 x more powerful than the existing ones rendering entire armies worthless? 

Or created features that disabled city defense multipliers that players have spent millions of Drachmas acquiring?

They are telling the players that we have no input on the rules of the game and they can change them anytime they want... There are in fact no rules just total chaos.

The issue is trust.  Plarium has broken the implied trust that existed in the game by changing a well established rule and creating chaos. Chaos is horrible for business - stability and rules encourage investment - chaos causes paralysis and caution.  People don't want to "invest" money when the outcome is unpredictable and Plarium is unpredictable.

I can no longer spend my money with a company that feels it has no accountability to me and owes me nothing in return for the money I spend.

Views
Comments
Comments
NancyAdmin
Nov 26, 2019, 14:1711/26/19
07/09/19

MIKALOSOS, I completely understand what you are talking about and I'm really sorry that we didn't announce this change in the game. We look backward over earlier mistakes and will try to make announcements for such important changes in the future if any. 

Nov 27, 2019, 11:4711/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 11:50(edited)
03/10/15

Mikalosos said:

What if Plarium changed the PP payout rules without telling us and 1000s of players killed their entire army trying to get payouts that were no longer available?

Or if they introduced new super-units that were 100 x more powerful than the existing ones rendering entire armies worthless? 

Or created features that disabled city defense multipliers that players have spent millions of Drachmas acquiring?

haven't they done all that already, mikalosos? because i am sure in the last five years i recall all that happening and discussing it hre in forum

In my case i  stopped spending as much as i used, a while back. its just not worth and as you say, the uncertain of changing rules in their interest with no say, makes difficult/impossible to trust.

this is not a boicot as i dont tell anyone what to do or not do with their money, but a personal decision of what to do with mine