All Categories

The cereal consumption reductions are not correctly applied.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 6, 2023, 19:5112/06/23
02/27/15

I've been wondering about the accuracy of the calculations in this game for a long time now. Between the bonuses on one side, the reductions on the other, and the general complexity of their origins, the fact that they are active or not depending on this or that option, I got it into my head to check all this out. 

The task being vast, I chose as my first field of investigation the consumption of cereals, the sinews of war, since it is particularly difficult to be positive when it comes to the net balance of production, i.e. the difference between production on the one hand and consumption on the other.

Production.

In this city, basic cereal production is ensured by 6 classic farms:

• 4 level 21 farms, each producing 600 grains per hour
  • 1 level 20 farm producing 500 grains per hour
  • 1 level 18 farm producing 435 grains per hour
  • the AGORA, which produces 400 cereals per hour - hidden information, only visible at the very beginning of the city's construction. (Note: the AGORA also produces 50 woods and 50 bronzes per hour).

Total hourly production: 3735 cereals (4 * 600) + 500 + 435 + 400.

The result is in line with the game's 

https://gyazo.com/32344d65340ad3c896b6c0cb9c9c0e45.

This production is increased by certain bonuses:

• - XENIA Hall level 1: +2%.
  • - General skill, active intellect level 11: + 5% granted at level 6

For a total bonus of 7%: 3735 * 1.07 = 3996.45. Note an initial error (to our advantage, it seems), since the result displayed on this same screen is 4001 instead of the actual 3996 / 3997.

Consumption.

Since the only components consuming cereals are the units, the first task is to count them.

Based on the information provided in the Council of War, this city's army is made up of 43936 units, 43931 of which are well sheltered in the acropolis, and 5 garrisoned outside. 

https://gyazo.com/8a88a1c7a2e38496e6dc586b8f84775f

An inventory of the troops sheltered in the acropolis shows 43931 units + 5 outside. The count is therefore accurate.

By clicking on each type of unit in turn, you can find out how much grain each one consumes. Then, for each type of unit, multiply its number by the number of cereals it consumes per hour, and add them together to obtain the total consumption, which in our case comes to 10284.36 cereals.

If we refer to the information provided in the first screenshot, we can see that there are at least two cereal consumption reduction bonuses taken into account:

• Capital discipline: -12
  • Building discipline: -86% (This is the bonus provided by the Temple of Demeter, which is at active level 19.

Applying this total reduction of 98%, our cereal consumption should be reduced to 10284.36 * (1 - 0.98) = 2056.87 = 2057 cereals per hour. However, we can see from the first screenshot that consumption is 7994 cereals per hour, which represents a reduction of only (100 * ((10284.36 - 7994) / 10284.36), or just 22.27% instead of the expected 98%.

Also noteworthy in this city are two other cereal consumption reduction bonuses that appear nowhere in the list of reductions applied. These are

• Academy level 34 cereal consumption reduction: -3.4%.
  • General LVL 11 skill, which since level 6 offers a reduction of : -5%

We should therefore have a total reduction of 106.40%.

There's obviously a problem somewhere in the calculations.

Worse still, in another city, whose army is made up of over 2.5 million units, all of which consume 0 grains per hour, and which has a cumulative consumption reduction of at least 264% 

https://gyazo.com/1aa610a962c92cdfb7e64f0227d2f147 

we find a positive hourly cereal consumption of 2839 units. However, whatever the initial value, if a reduction greater than or equal to 100% is applied, the result is necessarily less than or equal to 0, and can under no circumstances be positive !!!! 

Would the PLARIUM development staff and support team be so kind as to provide a PRECISE response to this observation?

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
KatiaModerator
Dec 6, 2023, 21:3712/06/23
01/31/18

Hello Archon. Congrats on your counting skills..😍                                                                          
  I don't think that Agora gives resources, as it gives XP from battles, and building speed. I don't know from where you got the information that there is hidden information, and why a company would give something to players that is hidden? it makes no sense.                                                         
  I remember that when we were new players, there was a special sign, in the agreements tab, and we got it after we signed specific agreements. Indeed it increased a specific % of our resources buildings for bronze and  timber, but it has vanished with the progress of the game.  
   As you may understand, we can't do all the calculations you did, so please submit a ticket to the Support,  and send them your observations, so you will have an official reply, as only the Support has the tools to check your observations.  Please click here  

i

Dec 8, 2023, 22:0112/08/23
07/13/23
Katia

Hello Archon. Congrats on your counting skills..😍                                                                          
  I don't think that Agora gives resources, as it gives XP from battles, and building speed. I don't know from where you got the information that there is hidden information, and why a company would give something to players that is hidden? it makes no sense.                                                         
  I remember that when we were new players, there was a special sign, in the agreements tab, and we got it after we signed specific agreements. Indeed it increased a specific % of our resources buildings for bronze and  timber, but it has vanished with the progress of the game.  
   As you may understand, we can't do all the calculations you did, so please submit a ticket to the Support,  and send them your observations, so you will have an official reply, as only the Support has the tools to check your observations.  Please click here  

i

Hello,

Thank you for your reply to this contribution. Here are two more screenshots which show that the cumulative production of 6 farms reaches 153 CC per hour and that the total production is 553 cc, the difference of 400 CC can only come from the agora.

https://gyazo.com/c66ee21532ae4d46762e10fc9aaadf03

https://gyazo.com/1ae27f48d102768f8de6e2e078a17bf6

DariaCommunity Manager
Dec 22, 2023, 12:4112/22/23
10/31/22
Castor&Pollux

Hello,

Thank you for your reply to this contribution. Here are two more screenshots which show that the cumulative production of 6 farms reaches 153 CC per hour and that the total production is 553 cc, the difference of 400 CC can only come from the agora.

https://gyazo.com/c66ee21532ae4d46762e10fc9aaadf03

https://gyazo.com/1ae27f48d102768f8de6e2e078a17bf6

Thanks a lot for sharing your observations, Archon! 🤗

As was advised, you can share your findings with our technical support agents so that they can use their tools and look closely at your matter. Have a great and pleasant game ahead 🙌