All Categories

Elysium units require glory points to train....

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 21, 2019, 15:0702/21/19
01/10/16

Requirement of glory points makes the training of elysium troops nearly impossible or highly unprofitable..... I dont see how a player will sacrfifice few mil of troops to get 50 gps. Then use them to train 50 pezos worth 40-50 k offense. it is an absurd.

no units training means no need for development of moonstones economy, there no need to push the agreements , there no need of second artisan worth 15k drachmas, there no need to invest any coins :)

PS:looks to me like elysium city can be used only for additional resourses production which could be done for few months using the free artisan..

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 21, 2019, 18:5602/21/19
Feb 21, 2019, 19:15(edited)
02/16/16

It gets worse. Your  Elysian units don't go automaticly to acropolis when they are trained unless you spend tons more of sketches to upgrade acropolis even further. Plarium added new Acro lvls:

Feb 21, 2019, 22:4402/21/19
03/10/15

we all know the main purpose of all this "New improvements"... are a way to improve the game..... well, the game shareholders.... the only ones that benefit from all 

Feb 22, 2019, 13:2502/22/19
02/29/16

Mitko \A/ said:

Requirement of glory points makes the training of elysium troops nearly impossible or highly unprofitable..... I dont see how a player will sacrfifice few mil of troops to get 50 gps. Then use them to train 50 pezos worth 40-50 k offense. it is an absurd.

no units training means no need for development of moonstones economy, there no need to push the agreements , there no need of second artisan worth 15k drachmas, there no need to invest any coins :)

PS:looks to me like elysium city can be used only for additional resourses production which could be done for few months using the free artisan..

Hello!

Devs are working on the new Tournament right now that will give a significant number of IPs as a reward.

They also will give them as a reward in the new features. It will make it easier to train Elysian Units.

Feb 22, 2019, 15:3802/22/19
Feb 22, 2019, 15:43(edited)
08/23/15

Simple question , Will Plarium ever add a feature to the game that is not REAL MONEY oriented for milking customers ? Because with every change of the game that's all i can see , no real fun just more methods to stick your hands in your customers pocket ( it's like you love to get your customers addicted and then you rip them off). That's what plarium looks like for me. Have fun with your milking ! And it's freedom of expression !

The invention of Master Artisan's is just pure money making strategy for plarium with zero respect for the players/customer that already paid for 4 Artians ! Never we were told that There will come a day when We'll have to pay for them AGAIN at a even more expensive price. Go do some real work and stop this milking business. You didn't even have the decency to "at least" offer half of them free upgrade (2 out of 4). Offering one for free is like throwing a bone. What a greedy world we live on dear lord :D
Feb 22, 2019, 17:5002/22/19
Feb 22, 2019, 17:51(edited)
03/02/16
have you noticed that   killing eliseans positions dont work toward  position tournament :(
Feb 22, 2019, 18:4702/22/19
12/29/14
Yep milking it is, I am max at the freebies, ie dominion, ampitheatre and sanctum of asclepius, yet there are no new upgrades coming with these features, because they are free upgrades.
Feb 24, 2019, 14:3702/24/19
03/06/16

Ana ⚔️ said:

It gets worse. Your  Elysian units don't go automaticly to acropolis when they are trained unless you spend tons more of sketches to upgrade acropolis even further. Plarium added new Acro lvls:

Correct-the change in Acropolis levels is directly tied to the use of Elysian phalanx (In my humble opinion)-in respect to that "Now" this unit can attack a persons resources in the acropolis.

I have heard for over 3 years the words "game balance" thrown about by Devs/Mods/Admins and it always makes me sick. 

We leveled up our Acropolis with either "time" on the game or as most (even me) boosted the level to protect resources, troops and to get troops to go into the Acropolis automatically. 

Now we have units that can hit your Acropolis and take what resources "We" have worked for or paid for to upgrade?

Game balance?

Yeaaa..sure that's game balance!!

In regard to Elysian units requiring GP's?  The way it looks now is that (as always) to get GP's, you either have to purchase them with packages or win them in tournaments. The so called "rewards" do not equal or even comes close to the expenditure of troops. 

Your always in the negative and will always be in the negative-unless you make a purchase or wait till you win GP's-which will be an excruciatingly long time period.

Overall, the new city and troops look good, but its the things we are finding out (recall of troops is not free anymore) that hurt us.

Agreements now need GPS and sketches and moonstones, yet are hardly given out. 

And before a Mod comes rushing in with "But you can win..." speech, the expenditure in troops is not worth what you win. 

You either revive at the infirmary with drachs or wait additional long months of rebuilding.

I expended over 1.5 mill in battle-(Yes, that's a lot for me) only to get  5 sketches and 5 GP's. 

But it's game balance right?

In closing-after all these so called upgrades, even with a moderate purchase each month, I will NEVER be at full operating capacity (all agreements etc..) unless I expend thousands of dollars or wait several years to win 5 GP's here..or 5 sketches there.

Best of luck to you all-don't be blinded.

Feb 24, 2019, 16:1502/24/19
Feb 24, 2019, 16:20(edited)
02/25/16

I think the main problem with the Elysian city is that it is demands more time and dilutes the core game.

I doubt it will increase the revenue for Plarium because many players who spend moderate amounts on the game are so discouraged by the implication of this new super expensive add-on that they may stop spending altogether.  I am in that group.

The incredible lack of imagination of the Plarium developers is on full display.  Instead of improving existing game features and mechanics they just add more peripheral junk. The Elysian city features are boring, expensive and time consuming. 

Their attempt to convert the game to WebGL was a total fiasco and had to be abandoned.  They cant fix existing bugs like the display of upgraded buildings after months of complaints.  It tells me that they don't have the skills to work on the core of the software (Maybe the original developers are gone?) so they "plaster" new stuff on the outside of the game. All the upgrades have been that: Demand more money and more time without adding any fun to the game.

Unfortunately Plarium rarely listens to their customers and just plow ahead.  Entire features are becoming obsolete or massively imbalanced but they never go back and try to fix them (Emporium, Pantheons, Capitals etc.)  Every new feature is more expensive than the previous one meaning that they cater only to the top tier of all their players, neglecting all the little guys.  Eventually they will only have super-coiners and a few free players that can tolerate endless abuse left in the game + tens of thousands of abandoned cities named "General XXXXXX"

I think even the super-coiners should hate this new feature as it may kill the game they have invested so much in.

Feb 24, 2019, 19:3302/24/19
03/10/15

Mikalosos said:

I think the main problem with the Elysian city is that it is demands more time and dilutes the core game.

I doubt it will increase the revenue for Plarium because many players who spend moderate amounts on the game are so discouraged by the implication of this new super expensive add-on that they may stop spending altogether.  I am in that group.

The incredible lack of imagination of the Plarium developers is on full display.  Instead of improving existing game features and mechanics they just add more peripheral junk. The Elysian city features are boring, expensive and time consuming. 

Their attempt to convert the game to WebGL was a total fiasco and had to be abandoned.  They cant fix existing bugs like the display of upgraded buildings after months of complaints.  It tells me that they don't have the skills to work on the core of the software (Maybe the original developers are gone?) so they "plaster" new stuff on the outside of the game. All the upgrades have been that: Demand more money and more time without adding any fun to the game.

Unfortunately Plarium rarely listens to their customers and just plow ahead.  Entire features are becoming obsolete or massively imbalanced but they never go back and try to fix them (Emporium, Pantheons, Capitals etc.)  Every new feature is more expensive than the previous one meaning that they cater only to the top tier of all their players, neglecting all the little guys.  Eventually they will only have super-coiners and a few free players that can tolerate endless abuse left in the game + tens of thousands of abandoned cities named "General XXXXXX"

I think even the super-coiners should hate this new feature as it may kill the game they have invested so much in.

100% agree, you said most i came to say ---

1. so many actions to do, time consuming and get boring (spenders or not)

2. instead of willing to spend more, i am in the opposite and thinking even reducing my monthly budget to favour other things.

3. still laggy, still buggy, more and more after every "improvement to balance the game" ... the famous teams of devs have no idea how to get a program working for next year so they try to milk as much as they can before the game is over. if there were real plans, we would be told after the last years fiasco

the fiasco of the instal recall, stealing our free right, not informing...

the moonstones producing half force that what its supposed to do...

... a pitty
Feb 25, 2019, 16:1402/25/19
02/29/16

♆☸☢☠ said:

Simple question , Will Plarium ever add a feature to the game that is not REAL MONEY oriented for milking customers ? Because with every change of the game that's all i can see , no real fun just more methods to stick your hands in your customers pocket ( it's like you love to get your customers addicted and then you rip them off). That's what plarium looks like for me. Have fun with your milking ! And it's freedom of expression !

The invention of Master Artisan's is just pure money making strategy for plarium with zero respect for the players/customer that already paid for 4 Artians ! Never we were told that There will come a day when We'll have to pay for them AGAIN at a even more expensive price. Go do some real work and stop this milking business. You didn't even have the decency to "at least" offer half of them free upgrade (2 out of 4). Offering one for free is like throwing a bone. What a greedy world we live on dear lord :D

Hello!

You got 4 Artisans to construct Buildings in your main City faster. It was the main purpose you got them for and nobody took it away.

It's logical that for the new City, you need new Artisans. Only 2 of them is available now so players got exactly the half for free.

Who knows maybe another will be opened for free when devs decided to give 4 Artisans for Elysian City instead of 2.

Feb 25, 2019, 16:1402/25/19
02/29/16

MTV Europe said:

have you noticed that   killing eliseans positions dont work toward  position tournament :(

Hello!

Yes, they're not counted in the usual Tournaments.

Devs will run the separate Events for Elysian City. They're scheduled for the middle of the March.
Feb 25, 2019, 16:3002/25/19
02/29/16

Mikalosos said:

Hello!

> They cant fix existing bugs like the display of upgraded buildings after months of complaints.

This issue was fixed in this update.

Can you list the other bugs that should be fixed?

Feb 25, 2019, 16:3402/25/19
02/29/16

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

Mikalosos said:

100% agree, you said most i came to say ---

1. so many actions to do, time consuming and get boring (spenders or not)

2. instead of willing to spend more, i am in the opposite and thinking even reducing my monthly budget to favour other things.

3. still laggy, still buggy, more and more after every "improvement to balance the game" ... the famous teams of devs have no idea how to get a program working for next year so they try to milk as much as they can before the game is over. if there were real plans, we would be told after the last years fiasco

the fiasco of the instal recall, stealing our free right, not informing...

the moonstones producing half force that what its supposed to do...

... a pitty

Fortuna, can you give more details on point number 3?

What bugs are you facing at the moment? When does exactly the game lag? 

> the moonstones producing half force that what its supposed to do

It's already fixed.

> the fiasco of the instal recall, stealing our free right, not informing

I've added this information to the Dev Notes. Sorry for not doing it at once.

> the famous teams of devs have no idea how to get a program working for next year

Devs know very well how to get the game working even after the Flash death (I think you're talking about it).

There are no any plans to close the games because of it. 

Feb 25, 2019, 16:5202/25/19
03/10/15

more details? don't you hear the people complaining about the lag?  we are tired of saying, people think comming here its a waste of time, and now i know its true

the game gets stuck nothing happens and you have to leave game and re enter, its has been always bad, since the new upgrade its mortal, unplayable

about the fiasco its not a matter of saying sorry, iots a matter to find solutions, hope you are willing to hep and not to shut uo the voices of clients!

sorry alina, how can i belive your devs are working in something when we dont get solutions to the main problem, the constant lag an slow game...
Feb 25, 2019, 16:5302/25/19
Feb 25, 2019, 17:16(edited)
03/10/15

stop adding things till we have a playable game, we keep saying this for over a year, and noone listen to us!

two years ago i was able to liberate mys city without leaving game and reentering, all of us... but you keep saying that there is no lag

two years ago game did not get iced screen when doing actions like it does.... but we keep hearing is our pc or internet (again it is not!)

maybe your team of devs have no idea how to find solutions
Feb 25, 2019, 17:2102/25/19
Feb 25, 2019, 18:56(edited)
03/10/15

another thing i am not sure all know. the normal articles you used to get one daily and then you could buy one per day, here in this new city, you get one daily and another one with the position ok, two per day, not bad, but people can buy with coins all articles the first day .... where is the game balance? (before anyone says it, i dont talk about the ones you had to buy with gps, i talk about the first ones)

before you needed to get players, attrac players so things were balanced, now plarium dont care, they only want money so.....

i don't complain about that, people si free of spending their money how they want. but alina, plarium took a free option from me, not informing... and when other options not disrupting, could have been better solutions, tell me that you are going to fight this for us. Alina, tell us that you understand the error and its possible to get an arrangement between both parts
Feb 26, 2019, 15:0302/26/19
02/29/16

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

another thing i am not sure all know. the normal articles you used to get one daily and then you could buy one per day, here in this new city, you get one daily and another one with the position ok, two per day, not bad, but people can buy with coins all articles the first day .... where is the game balance? (before anyone says it, i dont talk about the ones you had to buy with gps, i talk about the first ones)

before you needed to get players, attrac players so things were balanced, now plarium dont care, they only want money so.....

i don't complain about that, people si free of spending their money how they want. but alina, plarium took a free option from me, not informing... and when other options not disrupting, could have been better solutions, tell me that you are going to fight this for us. Alina, tell us that you understand the error and its possible to get an arrangement between both parts

Fortuna, I do understand and I will discuss your suggestion with devs just as I promised in one of another topic.

As for lags, I'm ready and willing to help players with it. All I need to report it to devs:

1. The exact way of reproducing for the cases when you face lags.

2. .har file made at the moment of lags.

So, please spread this information among your friends who face the issue with lags. If they're ready to help me with it, they can contact me via PM and I will guide them through .har file creation and sending.

I know you're tired of it, but if I could report lags without this information, I would already do it for sure.

Mar 3, 2019, 17:5103/03/19
Mar 3, 2019, 17:53(edited)
08/09/15

So in short - the devs will not address the situation with game hanging or lag, something EVERY player experiences every time they attempt to play, unless we take time to make and send .har files.

You might have missed this in all the angry messages in the forums - but the new features are killing all our free time.

They are making the game a job instead of entertainment ... and the only way to fix Palarium mistakes that are directly tied to all the crazy updates and new features is to ..... SPEND MORE TIME FILLING OUT .HAR FILES ????????????????????????????

Some of us have real jobs and family to spend time with .... that is not a reasonable way of dealing with issues in a game we pay to play.

It is hard enough to find time to play with all the redundant clicking you have added, asking the customers to do the develpoer and playtester leg work instead of spending our free time on the game is ridiculous.

This game is already a serious time sink, without constant lag issues and re-logging into the game.

Asking us to spend more time before your dev team will do their job is not fair to anyone.
Mar 3, 2019, 18:4003/03/19
08/23/15

Fortress said:

So in short - the devs will not address the situation with game hanging or lag, something EVERY player experiences every time they attempt to play, unless we take time to make and send .har files.

You might have missed this in all the angry messages in the forums - but the new features are killing all our free time.

They are making the game a job instead of entertainment ... and the only way to fix Palarium mistakes that are directly tied to all the crazy updates and new features is to ..... SPEND MORE TIME FILLING OUT .HAR FILES ????????????????????????????

Some of us have real jobs and family to spend time with .... that is not a reasonable way of dealing with issues in a game we pay to play.

It is hard enough to find time to play with all the redundant clicking you have added, asking the customers to do the develpoer and playtester leg work instead of spending our free time on the game is ridiculous.

This game is already a serious time sink, without constant lag issues and re-logging into the game.

Asking us to spend more time before your dev team will do their job is not fair to anyone.

Obviously I agree with you. The only ones to convince are the Plarium developers. Will they ever understand that they made the game hateful?

Mar 4, 2019, 22:5003/04/19
03/10/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

> They cant fix existing bugs like the display of upgraded buildings after months of complaints.

This issue was fixed in this update.

Can you list the other bugs that should be fixed?

it comes to my mind..... the lag? for example... and so many we keep mentioning to you