Retiring guardians and upgrading guardian rank

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jul 21, 2018, 02:0707/21/18
12/21/15

I spent hours upgrading two rank 2 guardians to level 20 to get higher XP points before retiring them to get another rank 3 guardian to go with my rank 3 lead javelineer to gain a rank 4 guardian but they just retired and I didn't get a rank 3 guardian. What could have happened?

(Not only did I lose two level 20 rank 2 guardians and not get the rank 3 guardian and so couldn't get a grade 4 guardian after that but I also just missed out on an emissary because of this. My monthly chronos quest was about to expire and I just needed a rank 4 guardian to complete sufficient quests to get an emissary.)

And this is what I have left after losing the two level 20 rank 2 guardians:

And if I gained any extra XP as a result it didn't do me any good as I already had over 70k guardian XP in the tournament last time I looked before retiring the guardians and it was still under 100k at the end of the tournament so not a single emerald gained from the accidental retiring of the guardians:

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 21, 2018, 03:3507/21/18
Jul 21, 2018, 03:37(edited)
03/05/16

Greetings,

In the screenshots you posted, I see that you leveled up two rank 2 guardians to level 20 (max level).  Your goal seems to be wanting to upgrade a rank 2 guardian to rank 3.  In order to upgrade a guardian from rank 2 to rank 3, the rank 2 guardian you wish to upgrade must be max level.  Therefore, it must be a rank 2, level 20 guardian.  If you try to upgrade the rank of a guardian that is not at max level, instead of increasing the rank of the guardian, it will instead increase their current level.

In the screenshot you posted of your guardians that you took after retiring your two rank 2 level 20 guardians... I don't see a rank 2 guardian that is at max level (20) which you could have tried to upgrade to rank 3.

Which guardian in the screenshot were you attempting to upgrade from rank 2 to rank 3?  Of course it is possibly a bug you are a victim of, but it could also be a simple mistake on your part.  If you write back with further details I'll gladly try to help you troubleshoot if it may be something on your end.

Respectfully,

Videre

Jul 21, 2018, 03:4607/21/18
03/05/16

Also, seeing as your lead javelineer is not yet enlightened, there are likely still some quests relating to guardians in your quests panel.

If you complete all the quests relating to guardians, at the end of the quest series, the final quest will reward you with 3 epic summoning bonds.  It is likely your current quest is to enlighten a guardian.  Select your Grade 3 Rank 3 Level 11 Lead Javelineer, select the enlighten tab, and use the Grade 3 Rank 1 Level 1 Lead Javelineer to enlighten it.
Jul 21, 2018, 11:0107/21/18
02/13/17

Like VIDERE said...

You have retired two Guardians versus XP instead of... versus rank up.

Why didnt you rank up?

Because the one you tried to rank up, was not at max level.