Plarium app game speed slow down

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 30, 2019, 18:2911/30/19
09/20/16

The game update speed has been horrible for several days... I am playing using the App on a super fast computer and internet connection.  The game response is super slow.  Clicking on a selection and having to wait 7-12 seconds for the game to respond.  Basically unplayable for the last 3-4 days.  This is a Plarium server issue not a bug in the App. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 3, 2019, 10:0812/03/19
10/30/19

SalemsLot said:

The game update speed has been horrible for several days... I am playing using the App on a super fast computer and internet connection.  The game response is super slow.  Clicking on a selection and having to wait 7-12 seconds for the game to respond.  Basically unplayable for the last 3-4 days.  This is a Plarium server issue not a bug in the App. 

Hello! If you still have that issue, please forward us a complete bug report with all the info required in this article:
https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/127_bug-reports/84528_creating-a-bug-report-2/

Dec 9, 2019, 17:4312/09/19
02/25/16

I have the same issue as Salemslot.  I don't think any of the requirements listed in creating a bug report apply to this problem. Asking him to submit a complete bug report tells me you didn't even read his post.

I play in the Glorious Valley on the Plarium App.  There is nothing else that can be reported since no screen shots can show how slow the game is.  I really feel that Plarium Agents/Administrators just send the same copy-paste response to all bug reports "If you still have this problem send a bug report with all this information"... This is not a serious way to handle your customers. Of course when you are dismissive of players reporting issues they stop reporting them and then stop playing your broken game.

There is a lagging issue in the game making it very difficult to play.  Several of my coalition players have complained to me about this and have said they could not participate in conflict tournament because it takes 3-4x as long to score points as it used to.  Screen updates are super slow.  For example when a Guardian is launched against a warlord it may take 4 or 5 seconds before you can select the next one.  So instead of launching 25-30 attacks per minute you can only launch 5-8 per minute.  This absolutely kills the game. 

When the general map is opened by the game - for example when clicking on city coordinates from a raid report - the map appears in blank state.  It takes 10-15 seconds and often longer for all the Cities, Capitals, Pantheons to fill in.

Dec 12, 2019, 13:0012/12/19
Dec 13, 2019, 12:23(edited)
02/25/16

Here is an example of game slowdown/lockup.  This is the screen that appears after using a bond to summon a guardian.  you cannot exit the pop-up... the image of the Guardian never appears.  I eventually had to exit the App and restart it to get out of this.

https://gyazo.com/780082bbe288351091c2963503f23979

Another example of game locking up in middle of screen update

https://gyazo.com/9189f18410439a55eadd4c467e4a417d

This happens more in periods of high player activity especially when tournaments are about to end.  It makes the game nearly unplayable at times when players really need to access the game.  Looks like undersized/slow Plarium servers are causing game not to work when it most needs to work. 

For example end of flag tournament a few minutes ago where the strategy is to capture flags at the last minute to hold on to them... Game froze up on me 11 times in the last 15 minutes.  Just impossible to play out the tournament. You charge way too much for a game that doesn't work... Are you trying to self destruct?

Instead of spending resources developing the next "super-dumb" feature that you are currently working on how about putting the money into faster servers that can actually handle the high traffic during rush hour so players can actually play the game? Isn't that a cool idea?

Dec 18, 2019, 13:4412/18/19
10/30/19
Mikalosos said:

Here is an example of game slowdown/lockup.  This is the screen that appears after using a bond to summon a guardian.  you cannot exit the pop-up... the image of the Guardian never appears.  I eventually had to exit the App and restart it to get out of this.

https://gyazo.com/780082bbe288351091c2963503f23979

Another example of game locking up in middle of screen update

https://gyazo.com/9189f18410439a55eadd4c467e4a417d

This happens more in periods of high player activity especially when tournaments are about to end.  It makes the game nearly unplayable at times when players really need to access the game.  Looks like undersized/slow Plarium servers are causing game not to work when it most needs to work. 

For example end of flag tournament a few minutes ago where the strategy is to capture flags at the last minute to hold on to them... Game froze up on me 11 times in the last 15 minutes.  Just impossible to play out the tournament. You charge way too much for a game that doesn't work... Are you trying to self destruct?

Instead of spending resources developing the next "super-dumb" feature that you are currently working on how about putting the money into faster servers that can actually handle the high traffic during rush hour so players can actually play the game? Isn't that a cool idea?

Hi! Could you please clear the cache in your Plarium Play application and then recheck if these issues persist?