Chrome to block Flash from September

9 Replies
raknaz
11 August, 2016, 7:41 PM UTC

https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/08/flash-and-chrome.html

From the official google blog, they've stated that they are going to block flash in Chrome browser following this September. As plarium games make use of flash on the from side, I would like to know Plarium's stance on this google announcement, whether they are implementing some other technology or some kind like unity or whatever? or more likely what Plarium plans in about next month?

UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 August, 2016, 10:44 AM UTC

"In December, Chrome 55 will make HTML5 the default experience, except for sites which only support Flash. For those, you’ll be prompted to enable Flash when you first visit the site. "

I guess that explains a lot. Once you enter our game, you will be asked to enable Flash for this particular web page. In future you won't have to do it again. Your browser will remember it.

So Flash isn't going anywhere.

Our developers are aware of this situation and if they feel that we need to transfer our games to HTML5, or make any other actions, they will react.

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
raknaz
13 August, 2016, 1:44 PM UTC
Is there any plans to migrate into Unity? 
UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
15 August, 2016, 12:57 PM UTC

raknaz said:

Our devs have several ideas right now. 

By the way, check this out: http://company.plarium.com/news/events/plarium-global-ltd-has-partnered-with-skydance-to-develop-an-all-new-multiplayer-terminator-mobile-game/ - that's about our new game on Mobile which comes next year.

And it's not the only Mobile game we're currently working on ;) 

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Omar Smith
16 August, 2016, 12:28 AM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

raknaz said:

Our devs have several ideas right now. 

By the way, check this out: http://company.plarium.com/news/events/plarium-global-ltd-has-partnered-with-skydance-to-develop-an-all-new-multiplayer-terminator-mobile-game/ - that's about our new game on Mobile which comes next year.

And it's not the only Mobile game we're currently working on ;) 

This should be extremely interesting especially if it is different to the current games. Hope it comes out for browser sometime in the future.
This is Commander Smith of AREA 597. You are now in the custody of the most lethal F.O.B. on Zandian soil. Refusal to cooperate will be met with the appropriate level of force. You don't have the right to remain silent.
UTC +4:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
16 August, 2016, 3:13 PM UTC

Omar Smith said:

This should be extremely interesting especially if it is different to the current games. Hope it comes out for browser sometime in the future.

As far as I know we're not planning to launch more games for Browser. At least in our studio. 

Vikings: War of Clans are coming soon for browser, but they are developed by a Studio in Krasnodar, not in Kharkiv as the rest of the games on this site. 

We don't know much about the plans of other studios. Each Studio works independently on their own games. By the way, "Terminator" game is also being developed in Krasnodar. 

As for our Kharkiv Studio, we're preparing something really cool, but I can't talk about it yet. 
Omar Smith
17 August, 2016, 6:55 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Omar Smith said:

As far as I know we're not planning to launch more games for Browser. At least in our studio. 

Vikings: War of Clans are coming soon for browser, but they are developed by a Studio in Krasnodar, not in Kharkiv as the rest of the games on this site. 

We don't know much about the plans of other studios. Each Studio works independently on their own games. By the way, "Terminator" game is also being developed in Krasnodar. 

As for our Kharkiv Studio, we're preparing something really cool, but I can't talk about it yet. 
Understood, looking forward to it.
This is Commander Smith of AREA 597. You are now in the custody of the most lethal F.O.B. on Zandian soil. Refusal to cooperate will be met with the appropriate level of force. You don't have the right to remain silent.
UTC +4:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
18 August, 2016, 10:39 AM UTC

By the way, I've passed a link related to Flash to our devs. Just to make sure they are aware of it.

dragonslayer2usa
10 March, 2017, 2:39 AM UTC
I kinda miss java lol
UTC +8:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
10 March, 2017, 1:01 PM UTC
dragonslayer2usa said:

I kinda miss java lol
Why's that? :)
1722671 users registered; 42826 topics; 272236 posts; our newest member:cyzs