Game Improvements

Search
How to join our moderation team?
John BlackCharacter
Jun 3, 2019, 09:4106/03/19
01/13/15

Game Improvements

SYNDICATE HIGH PRIORITY MESSAGE 

We always strive to meet your expectations, and so we have made some improvements based on your requests:

- Indicator added to the main panel when you send Special Operatives to Flashpoints

- New Reinforcements filter option available for Tactical reports

- Chat history for all Chats increased from 50 messages to 100

- Detailed filter added to the Garrisons tab in the Command HQ

- Timer added to indicate when Combine Members become fully-fledged Members

- Tooltip added to the Send Units window to identify Defensive stats of your army against each Unit Type

- Unnecessary Unit Recall alert disabled for players at Level 20 and above

Do feel free to share your suggestions. My advisors will surely consider it.

END MESSAGE

SYNDICATE HIGH PRIORITY MESSAGE

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 5, 2019, 17:1106/05/19
04/07/17

I will no longer be spending money on this game. I will not be participating in the "New" Combine conflict events. This is just a way to try and FORCE us to spend more. I have been a heavy buyer in the past but no longer. I would love to see other players that feel the same way make comments here and let Plarium know how they feel. 

Jun 5, 2019, 17:5606/05/19
03/27/17
TBUCKET,  I agree 100% with you on this.  I would have thought that you would have received a response that was not a complete non-sequitur as the canned reply is.  This is just bad form on behalf of Plarium.  We all spend money on this game and this kind of set up is across the line.  I have not found a combine yet that is going to play this forced conflict.  We just plan on playing the game as usual and not attacking our chosen enemy.  This smacks of Roman bread and circuses.  Regards,  
Jun 5, 2019, 17:5806/05/19
11/29/15
I'm with you TBucket, plarium are just on a money grabbing drive again.
Jun 6, 2019, 05:0506/06/19
10/17/15

Hi TBUCKET, thank you for posting this and I think you have a huge part of the community that support your thoughts! I totally agree with you ! Fact is that we all spend money here and like to have fun for that, also there should be some free space to act as member or combine and not that Plarium now tells against which combine a conflict should take place, for this we all have a diplo-network and in case we want to face another combine we ask for conflict or war. We combine "Die Adlerfront" will not participate in this event, even if we'll lose archievement points, there are quite a lot of members there we/I know well and I refuse to fight them, I hope other combines will act the same, just my 2ct

STEAMER CEO Die Adlerfront
Jun 6, 2019, 11:2506/06/19
03/05/19

Hello, soldiers. Thank you all for your feedback. I should admit that it's absolutely up to each player to make in-game purchases or not. I'll respect any decision of yours. 

As for the Combine Conflict event, I received a lot of positive feedback regarding this tourney. The thing is that there are a lot of in-game activities which you can do during this event in order to collect tournament points and get a good reward. 

Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions from your side. What exactly don't you like in this new tourney?
Jun 6, 2019, 12:4706/06/19
04/07/17
Good feedback? Is that like where you only take a pole of the players that like it? If you have had "good feedback" where is it? You know good and well that this new feature will just create confusion between established combines with newer members and cause trouble. You gear this game around ways to get us to spend money to advance ourselves and we all have known that but so far have been ok with some fun competition. Like my friend Steamer says, we already have plenty of options to compete with other combines if we wish. The problem here is that you are trying to FORCE it on everyone to further your agenda. Don't blame you guys for trying to make a buck here but for me this crosses the line! 
Jun 6, 2019, 12:5506/06/19
11/04/15

Here my two cents in regards to the new event. It is so dang obvious this event is constructed with the sole purpose of yanking more money out of the community that plays this game. As for the specifics of this event, how in the hell is it possible that the combine I am in is pitched against one of our best allies? The whole idea of diplomacy walked straight out of the door the moment you introduced this new event. Second, the new changes as you rolled out this week have a negative consequence: We're not receiving the primary rewards for combine tournaments. Is this with this new event going to be the same?

I mean, it's bad enough you have made it nearly impossible to play without putting in money, but then on top of that ripping us from our rewards and pitching allies against each other certainly does not help. 

Jun 6, 2019, 15:0406/06/19
03/05/19
Thank you for your comments, commanders. I will forward them to devs. 
Jun 6, 2019, 20:0406/06/19
05/01/14
As CEO of Patriot Guards I will not have my people commit to a war with a combine we are at Peace with or Allied with, or with any combine for that matter. We already have Challenges that work the same way, and we can challenge combines at OUR OWN DESCREPENCY!!! We dont need a game maker forcing us to do anything that will jeopardize our relations with other combines we are friends with. Some new people dont quite fully understand the rules and mistakes happen that could be costly and the only people gaining is Plarium. I oppose this fullheartedly, and I too will no longer be making any purchases in this game!
Jun 7, 2019, 00:5906/07/19
04/30/17

While I don't mind spending money to support a game (I am considered a light buyer) that I like as honestly there's no such thing as a free lunch to me and a business main objective is to make a profit. This tournament is the wrong way to get your customers to spend. 

I do not blame the mods personally for only espousing the so called benefits in public as very few companies especially large public ones will openly acknowledged that they screw up or are trying to milk more money from customers with a dubious offering especially in their official forums. I do however expect the mods to at the very least take in customer's feedback/criticism and sort out the valid ones be it good or bad and forward it to the upper management.

It is the mod's job to act as a intermediary between players and the company and to submit constructive feedback. Yes, I know some people will complaint non stop but in this case one can clearly see the combine conflict is a very bad idea and here's why.

One, you cannot force your customers to participate in a event that they don't like especially when the main goal is to get people to spend more money unnecessarily. It's very obvious that the short prep time is meant to get people to spend money to build up their forces as not all combines will be in battle ready shape. It's one thing to get people to spend money to buy the new armor units but it's another thing forcing them to buy diamonds just to boost their basic forces or just to purchase total protection.

This is a very bad PR move by Plarium and will only chase away players in the long term. Yes, Plarium has to make a living but don't stoop to such a level as a bad reputation is hard to get rid of.

Two, there are already pvp, location, etc combine tournaments and I don't see the relevance of this one especially when the rewards offered are so basic. No new units as rewards or even strategic/rare but basic units and in a low number as far as I can tell. Amt of diamonds not enough to justify the cost of purchasing/reviving units. Other rewards can be earn in other tournaments, nothing special.

Three, no option to opt out of the tournaments and a so called special selection algorithm that is flawed at best and broken at worst. It's like pulling a random name out of a hat and pairing it with random player. As another player wrote, how is a 2 man combine going to survive against a 29 man combine? 

I am a one man combine and my opponent have 18 members and quite a few are high lvls and they have a lvl 5 HQ while I don't even have one. Even if only half the players are active, I still be beaten through sheer numbers. Yes, I can contact the leader and try to arrange a truce but there is no guarantee he will listen.

Even if he agrees, I can still be attacked by his members as being a former second in command combine in another game (not Plarium). I had to deal with rogue players who despite being told countless times not to start fights unnecessarily without permission regardless whether they are allies or strangers will still do so.

I don't mind pvp if the match is on even terms but not where it's so one sided that the other side can just roll over without breaking a sweat.

Also, Plarium is going to create a lot of unnecessarily drama/tension especially when allies are pitted against one another. If you are not careful Plarium, you are going to end up chasing away your big time customers considering there are plenty of other online games that people can play. The so called prizes are definitely not worth breaking alliances.

I sincerely hope that the mods will submit the negative feedback to the management to let them know this is bad decision on their part and definitely not the way to earn more money.

Jun 7, 2019, 01:1706/07/19
Jun 7, 2019, 01:18(edited)
04/30/17

This is my opponent

This is me.   apparently the so called special selection algorithm thinks I am Rambo and can take down an entire army by myself 

And before the mods advise me. I will be using Total protection until the tournament is over as I do not feel like getting hit with missiles by 18 players. I am lucky I have them in reserve but I pity those players who don't have and no, I will not be contacting my opponent for a cease fire as to be fair to him/her. Even if he agrees I know some of his associates might be tempted to attack a lone player thinking that have the numbers to back them up so no point in courting trouble and yes all my troops have been bunkered in as I only engage in PVP mainly at the repository and I mainly like to LVL up and do ZHG. I also spend all my resources.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:1406/07/19
04/07/17

So as you can see by the well thought out posts above, the only "feedback" I can see here is not positive about the new event. Now that we see this event duration is to be for just two days, It seems like you want to keep matching us up against other combines as fast as you can. Way to go. I'd like for you to pass some math along to the game developers if you don't mind please. Last month (May 2019) I checked to see what I spent on the game in total for both servers. I spent just over $ 1,100.00 USD. For me, mostly lunch money and this WAS my big expense for entertainment. Now, if I had stayed on tract and spent the same each month, What would Plarium be getting from me per year????

So as the game developers try to calculate how much they stand to gain from this new tactic, Please allow for the losses as well. And I know I am not the only one like this.
Jun 7, 2019, 14:4806/07/19
Jun 7, 2019, 14:48(edited)
07/31/15

- New Combine Tournament Mechanics: Combine Members that reach the minimum Points required will only get Rewards for their Ranking position. Players now need to cross Point Milestones to get the Rewards for reaching Milestones

that sucks!
who asked for this change? ... NOBODY!

What kind of "Combine Tournament" is it, if the only thing you have in common with others is the prize of the ranking position?

in doing so, it essentially becomes a "solo tournament". :(

Jun 7, 2019, 17:2206/07/19
06/02/16

CEO of Vendetta Elite here,

Clearly the Tier dev was high as a kite!!!

Who the hell puts a combine ranked nr 63 in a Tier amongst the top combines, where we have a third of their members.

Mayor Fck Up here, how are we supposed to compete with them.

None the less, i totally agree with TBucket(one of mine), while being a light spender, my people and i wont spend on these events.
Jun 7, 2019, 19:1506/07/19
04/07/17
You're absolutely right Gunnie, It a choice to play or Pay to play the game. I've chosen to play and even pay pretty good money here so far. Guess you could say it's all our fault for giving soo much money to the makers of the game they got spoiled and greedy and came up with new ways to "allow us the choice" to spend even more. Yes we can just choose NOT to Pay no problem there. But just like anything you pay for you should be able to have a voice if you don't agree. If I go to dinner and ask for a steak and they bring me some goat testicles, I'm not just going to sit there, be quite and eat it, You might but I won't.
Jun 7, 2019, 21:2206/07/19
Jun 7, 2019, 21:28(edited)
04/30/17

Gunnie, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and there's no need to result to insulting other people who have genuine complaints unless you are a troll or a company stooge. Even if you disagree, just tell why and be objective about it. Don't need to say we are whiners etc. Also, you can see a few other users including me and not just you have a low post count as well which means this is something we feel needs to be voice out and not a pissing contest.

Like you, I grew up where video games were expensive and there was no such thing as playing for free and honestly I don't believe in such a thing. Hence the reason why I pay to support even though it's not much.

If the company offers a good product service, then I will gladly pay up but if you offer substandard service/shoddy product. I will not pay a single cent and the company should be glad I am even bothering to provide critical feedback instead of raging blindly online or just quitting as I am willing to give them a chance because I like the previous products offered.

Like Tbucket wrote, if I go to dinner and ask for a steak and they bring me some goat testicles, I'm not just going to sit there, be quite and eat it. It's my money after all and I have a right to voice out. I highly doubt anyone even you will just keep quiet and eat goat testicles especially if the restaurant is not apologetic and charges you an arm and a leg. If you have that type of thinking in my restaurant.... well don't expect to last long in business especially if people are trying to be reasonable and tell you that you need to improve.

If I want to start my own 1 man combine, it's my right and I am well aware of the pros and cons of starting one. I also have the right to refuse to participate in any tournament if I deem it doesn't fit my playing style, I am not prepared, have time, not worth it, etc. 

Are you saying that if Plarium will to enforce a rule where you have to participate in every single/combine tournaments otherwise you get banned from the game is alright? This is what is getting players upset as they are not giving the choice to refuse to participate.

I also have the right to ask for a level playing field in any game I play especially multiplayer. There are other combines around me who are more or less a one man show and are roughly on par with me so why can't the special selection algorithm pair me against them or at least against a more manageable number ? It's obvious that the selection system is seriously flawed and not being tested properly before being hastily implemented.

E.g. Imagine a random team online match where the server decides to pit you alone against 19 other players and worse they are all highly skilled and you are above average at best. Each time the server does the same thing and when you file a report/complaint to the company. The only reply is that there is nothing wrong with the system and they instead suggest don't play multiplayer, just play single campaign or against AI only.

Yes, I know there are people who will complain nonstop for the sake of it even if the company introduce an event/update that is beneficial/enjoyable for players. In this case however, the complaints are genuine and people want Plarium to know that forcing combines to fight against each other especially without taking into account their diplomatic status is a big no no and the very least offer us the option of refusing to participate. 

What you are doing right now Gunnie is no better than the whiners who you complained of whining nonstop. Only you are the opposite in which you are blindly supporting the developers. By all means, support the company if you are fan but offer critical feedback instead of just blindly supporting them. If they make a good decision, praise them and vice versa. Just be objective and rational and don't insult others if you don't agree with them especially if they never pick a fight with you in the first place.

If you really have nothing constructive to say, then it's best to stay silent otherwise you are no better than the whiners who whine endlessly on the forums. 

I already said my piece and I will stop here as I don't want it to become a feud.

Good day.

Jun 8, 2019, 11:2406/08/19
06/02/16

Some of us did not need to ask those questions, some play other Plarium games, where this was introduced a while ago, its all fun when you can make a deal with your opponent. But what if your matched with a combine that doesnt care about politics, and just comes for your HQ and MC's, oh yeah you dont care, cause it will be your members picking up the pieces not you. As for PM's supporting your opinion, i got a lot of those just before last Christmas, you always have people who dont state their opinion in public, everyone has a righ to theirs, public or not. Yes you get a 100 tanks if you pay for a 100 tanks but the algoritmes in this game are way off, at locations a level 63, will be in a league, where there are level 100's, just cause he/she played a few locations before.

Before you accuse me of making it personal, you did that by calling everyone in here a whiner, even your allies.

I wonder, if it had been THE Gunny or Nicky starting this post, would you have been so quick to call them"whiners", i very much doubt it

You have a good one!

Jun 11, 2019, 10:0206/11/19
03/05/19

Hello! It's a pity that some of the players don't like that new event. 

We always try to bring something new, interesting and challenging to the game in order to keep it as engaging and entertaining as possible.

That's why devs launched Combine Conflict tourney. There are a lot of things you can do in this event in order to get points. Also, it's only needed to gain only 1 point in order to start getting the rewards. 

Maybe it's too early to make any conclusions. Let's give this tourney some time. I hope for your understanding. 

Jul 4, 2019, 20:3107/04/19
05/01/17
for how long will these combine conflicts go on? I was hoping for June only..
Jul 7, 2019, 03:1407/07/19
Jul 7, 2019, 03:15(edited)
07/31/15

Valhalla3 said:

for how long will these combine conflicts go on? I was hoping for June only..

why??
I hope they continue forever.
this tournament gives you lots of tanks, diamonds, helicopters, items, etc ... simply doing what I do even on all other days of play (even when there is no conflict).

therefore... finally something good from Plarium!  eheheh