All Categories

Mac and Linux users can't play game anymore ?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Sep 12, 2019, 16:3309/12/19
09/04/17

I just read a massage from plarium on facebook.

About flash stopping being supported. So we need to use game room that still uses flash. wtf  ? 

How is this possible, that I know for years now flash wil stop because its insecure, but Plarium wants to continue using it ?
Even after Firefox and chrome will stop using flash.

Gameroom is windows only so all Linux and Mac users can go bleep them self ? 

You do understand that I will go for refund if you guys continue on this path ? 

Ever heard of html5 ? the successor to flash ?

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2017/07/25/firefox-roadmap-flash-end-life/

Quote:
Game developers that formerly built games for Flash are quickly switching to HTML and seeing great results. 

But not plarium ? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 12, 2019, 23:4609/12/19
Sep 12, 2019, 23:49(edited)
03/25/15
guus.poort said:

I just read a massage from plarium on facebook.

About flash stopping being supported. So we need to use game room that still uses flash. wtf  ? 

How is this possible, that I know for years now flash wil stop because its insecure, but Plarium wants to continue using it ?
Even after Firefox and chrome will stop using flash.

Gameroom is windows only so all Linux and Mac users can go bleep them self ? 

You do understand that I will go for refund if you guys continue on this path ? 

Ever heard of html5 ? the successor to flash ?

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2017/07/25/firefox-roadmap-flash-end-life/

Quote:
Game developers that formerly built games for Flash are quickly switching to HTML and seeing great results. 

But not plarium ? 

Commander, Flash is scheduled to end at the end of 2020..That a whole year before that happens...It is good to know that there is a possibility of a "flash"  fill in... Thw Devs work very hard and if this substitute for Flash is as good as it should be , Our Devs will undeed give it careful consideration
Sep 13, 2019, 11:0009/13/19
08/03/14
Robert Shatz said:

Commander, Flash is scheduled to end at the end of 2020..That a whole year before that happens...It is good to know that there is a possibility of a "flash"  fill in... Thw Devs work very hard and if this substitute for Flash is as good as it should be , Our Devs will undeed give it careful consideration
Well.. that's pretty funny seeing you post this, because our Community Manager just told us there isn't any substitute for Flash and players will be forced to use the Plarium Play App. Flash is rubbish, no doubt about it. The communication and communication skills from Plarium and their team isn't any different to be honest. Get on one line and return some good feedback to your community. You all are not new kids on the block anymore. 
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 11:0909/13/19
05/21/19

Marble said:

Robert Shatz said:

Well.. that's pretty funny seeing you post this, because our Community Manager just told us there isn't any substitute for Flash and players will be forced to use the Plarium Play App. Flash is rubbish, no doubt about it. The communication and communication skills from Plarium and their team isn't any different to be honest. Get on one line and return some good feedback to your community. You all are not new kids on the block anymore. 

Hello!

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand whom you mean here: "...because our Community Manager just told us..."

Regarding your question, as far as I know, Mac and Linux platforms are currently not on their immediate roadmap, but they will consider it based on player demand.

Let me know if any questions, please. Cheers!

Sep 14, 2019, 12:2509/14/19
09/04/17

Alina said:

Marble said:

Robert Shatz said:

Hello!

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand whom you mean here: "...because our Community Manager just told us..."

Regarding your question, as far as I know, Mac and Linux platforms are currently not on their immediate roadmap, but they will consider it based on player demand.

If you guys don't continue to use flash, there is no problem for Linux or Mac users.
Are you getting that part ? 

Then they can just as we can now play it as browser game. With Firefox or Chrome.

This is for me not just about Linux wich I use , and mac users, its about you want to continue to use insecure software.
Forcing this on windows users too, of which 99.9  % of the users probably don't have a clue you're forcing them to use insecure software. (flash , game room) 

Sep 18, 2019, 19:2109/18/19
09/04/17

I like to add another group you seem to forget about.

People with Chromebooks. 
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 20, 2019, 08:4809/20/19
Sep 20, 2019, 08:48(edited)
05/21/19

guus.poort said:

Alina said:

Marble said:

Robert Shatz said:

Hello!

If you guys don't continue to use flash, there is no problem for Linux or Mac users.
Are you getting that part ? 

Then they can just as we can now play it as browser game. With Firefox or Chrome.

This is for me not just about Linux wich I use , and mac users, its about you want to continue to use insecure software.
Forcing this on windows users too, of which 99.9  % of the users probably don't have a clue you're forcing them to use insecure software. (flash , game room) 

Hello!

As long as we have a possibility to use Flash for our games, we'll support it. 

And replying to your next comment, yes, you're right. The situation with Chromebook users is the same as with Mac or Linux ones, I'm afraid. 

Jan 17, 2020, 18:5601/17/20
04/09/16
Plarium is gone ... no flash ... most are gone... cant download the app, so goodbye  I guess?  Why not html5 or something so I can play at work as LOT of us do??  Cha-ching, my $$ is gone *poof *
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 22, 2020, 11:4401/22/20
05/21/19
Erzebeth Bathory said:

Plarium is gone ... no flash ... most are gone... cant download the app, so goodbye  I guess?  Why not html5 or something so I can play at work as LOT of us do??  Cha-ching, my $$ is gone *poof *
Hello! I understand your concern here. Please let me know the platform you're playing on. Is it Plarium.com or Facebook? What is your OS? Thanks in advance for your reply!