Inviting friends

Inviting friends

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 10, 2018, 19:0308/10/18
05/24/16

Inviting friends

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the feature is not working for me, so I assume it may be a bug, hence I'm reporting it here

it's about inviting friends to the game...

so, to start with I play Soldier Inc. the browser version and/or the app, which is one and the same, so no I am NOT playing on/via Facebook nor the mobile device version for cell phones and/or tablets

I'm on Highlands only

I've tried to invite some friends, my brother one of them, who eventually joined, but I couldn't use any in-game link/s to invite, so them joining be linked with me as their sponsor who invited them

I've tried 

1. via the bottom section of the GUI with the green button with a plus sign on it "invite friends" 

2. I've also tried via the Joint operations center -> Partners -> Invite friends

3. via the Recruit Depot -> Invite Friend

what happens? NOTHING happens

what should happen?

- I don't know since is not working for me

- I assume some kind of a link should pop-up with my game ID embedded in it, so if the new player will join, their account will be somehow, someway linked with mine, in the background of the app, to track and for record keeping purpose, 

- I also assume I'd have an option for me to do a copy/paste of that link from in-game to whatever method I'm using to invite others, like but not limited to email and/or chat and/or an unrelated forum that has nothing to do with our game or Facebook or any other platform - at least this is how other games are doing this "Inviting friends" thing

so, oddly enough, is not working for me, despite the fact I assume you guys - the owners-developers - want us to bring in more friends, and despite the fact, we (or at least some of us) want to bring in our friends to play together

if this is a bug or not, I don't know, but I said to post it here, so we can find a solution to this - I have at least two friends, one being my brother, who joined already, yet I am not linked with them as the one who invited them, or at least not to my knowledge, since I just gave them, in the end, the general link of the plarium.com website, thus, I know they logged in like any new player, having nothing to do with me inviting them

I am not opposed to troubleshooting steps, but please don't tell me to clear the cache, to try another browser such basic things, as I've already done that by now, my last resort is this post here on this section of the forum

either way, I have few more friends, mainly gamers as myself playing other games together and I'd like to bring them in, so how can I do that and enjoy the benefits of bringing friends in-game... as we all know, is really hard to convince someone else to try a game they may not like nor want to play

thank you for reading

p.s.

this verifying thing I'm not a robot thing is absurd, pointless and annoying how can a robot software-app could submit a bug report in a forum..??..

please eliminate this, that's why after over 2 years, I am not active here in-forum, because of this annoying thing - I assume others too, in case you wonder why there is not much activity via the forum

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 10, 2018, 21:0108/10/18
05/24/16

follow up on my end

since it was bugging me and I don't like to let things unsolved I tried to do more serious troubleshooting on my end

so, I did the following:

1. fresh new install of my browser - Chrome

- I did a full uninstall, via Control Panel

- I did a fresh new install of the Chrome again

- I did a fresh new install of the Flash player

the result:

now via browser, via my Chrome, it seems to be working, I get a pop-up window indeed with the buttons for google play and facebook - which are useless for the browser, since the Google play friends are those from Android mobile devices and the Facebook friends will more than likely log in via Facebook and that's entirely different and separate than the main browser game - and I'd like my friends to join me on the browser version, not on the mobile servers or Facebook servers, since I am not there

there is a link to copy/paste as I assumed, finally, I have something to send to my friends - it's kind of an long and ugly link, but I hope it works with a copy/paste as intended

2. your game-app viewer client

- I've uninstalled the game app via Control Panel

- I've downloaded and installed again your game-app, so fresh new install

the result:

still NOT working - the pop-up window will not come up using your game-app

bottom line:

- it looks like a fresh new install of my browser worked, after all, assuming the link will work for my friends

- clearly, something is not working fine for the game-app, the pop-up window with the link won't appear using your game-app

so, I'd say this still needs your attention

on the other hand, what can we do with my other two friends - one being my brother - who joined using the general website, not my personal invite link

it's worth mentioning that since the game-app is available, I play mostly using this app and NOT the browser, as such I've tried much time to invite my two friends from the game-app, not from the browser and I didn't think to do such extensive troubleshooting (uninstall and fresh new install) just to fix this problem on my end

my point being I as a user - and I assume others too - play via your game-app, and the invite link to send to friends is not working there, at least not for me, not even a fresh new install

thank you for looking into this

Agent HelgaTechnical Support
Aug 12, 2018, 12:0608/12/18
05/13/15

Hello! Thank you for such a detailed report. 

The option to invite friends is not available in the Plarium Play application right now. It should be added in the future, however, I am unable to provide timeframes. 

To add friends use the Plarium.com platform. 

Have a great one! 
Aug 12, 2018, 13:2708/12/18
05/24/16

Agent Helga said:

Hello! Thank you for such a detailed report. 

The option to invite friends is not available in the Plarium Play application right now. It should be added in the future, however, I am unable to provide timeframes. 

To add friends use the Plarium.com platform. 

Have a great one! 
Thank you Helga for your reply...
it makes sense, so it's not working for your app, good to know
well, how will I get credit for my own brother joining me using the general website, as I've sent it to him..??.. he already joined, we found each other, but of course my account is not linked with his account, as me being the one who invited him...
how can we fix that please..??..