All Categories

Futures to come.

Futures to come.

Search
Sep 16, 2022, 18:0709/16/22
09/05/19

Futures to come.

The door flew open as Elhain walked in. Furious as to how the battle had gone. She hung her bow and quiver on the rack and as she walked she was taking off her armor and clothing. The trail of armor and clothing lead to only one spot, her bath room. As Elhain slipped into the bathing tub, she started mumbling about the battle. “We are the chosen ones. WE and WE alone was chosen by the Arbiter to cleanse the Doom Tower. Now the other team shows up and progresses farther then us. How dare they. How do they think they are? Freaks of Nature. Demonspawn and Undead and no self respecting others.” Elhain sank farther into her bathing tub and sulked, thinking to herself. ‘How many times had she trained recruits? How many times had she walked into the spider’s den to retrieve some lost trinket? How many times did she get bashed by the Knight of Fire or frozen by the Golem just so another can claim some item of importance?’ She looked over her once porcelain skin is now marred with scars. She thought about each scar for each scar had a story behind it. Mostly of near death survival, but some stories of great heroics. She ran her right hand down her left arm. Marveling at her tone and thought ‘flawlessness’. Her mind begin to wonder about what she would be doing tomorrow. ‘Training. I have to train harder. Now that Bellower has agreed to train the recruits. I’m free to train harder then ever before. I will push myself to my breaking point and keep it there. I’m known throughout the Land but I wish my name was spoken by our enemies in hush whispers. They need to learn to fear myself. To tremble at the very mention of my name.’ She held her breathe and when under the water and quickly scrabbed her face before coming back up and wiping the water out of her eyes, hoping no dirt was there to get into her eyes. She slowly washed her hair and admiring it. When she was done with her bath, she uncorked the tub and let the water drain out. She thought how she desired a hot bath after her adventures . Twitch of a smile came to her mouth, when she prided herself on thinking ahead and sending word to her servants to draw a hot bath so it would be ready when she arrived at her house.    

She moved through her house, check to make sure everything is in order. The order she left it. When she got to her adventuring clothes, she made a great effort to not touch them and to stay as far as possible from them. Almost as of she didn’t want to get dirty again. After she checked her house and was satisfied with how the fares as kept, she strolled down to the cellar and grabbed a vintage bottle of wine. Upon returning upstairs, she glided into her room and slipped into a simple but very comfortable silk robe and went outside to the back patio. With a ‘Pop’ the cord came out and she started taking slips at first. The higher the moon rose in the sky the more Elhain drank and the more she consumed with each swallow. Until the empty bottle was rolling across the patio and she was passed out. 

Dreams starts with the tales of Athel meeting her dark self on the battlefield…..then lingered on what it would be like to meet her dark self on the battlefield.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 24, 2022, 00:0809/24/22
11/11/21

Cool