All Categories

Update 4.20 Highlight

Update 4.20 Highlight

Hey, everyone!

Spring has been generous thus far and is raining Raid Updates still. Even after the introduction of new Doom Tower Bosses, 4.20 has some significant additions to show off: new Dungeon Stages, a major Void Champion balance patch, AI fixes, new Champions (you’ll see the details in a few days). Check out the Highlights below to learn more.

New Dungeon Stages

This one is simple but pleasant - all Dungeons (excluding the Minotaur’s Labyrinth) and Affinity Keeps are going to get 5 extra Stages. Artifact Dungeon Bosses on new Stages will have additional Passive Skills: one will limit Turn Meter decrease, the other will limit the damage they take from attacks that scale based on the target’s MAX HP (no more than 10% of HP will be lost). With that in mind, even tried and tested strategies might need to be adjusted when you venture into the new Stages - and don’t forget that even basic enemies on new Stages will be stronger! As you’d expect, rewards will scale up as well to match a greater challenge.

So get your Champions ready, it’s time to raid the Dungeons harder than ever before!

Void Champion Rebalance

We’ve gone through our Void Champion Roster and made a number of significant changes to ensure they perform better in Battles. Most of these changes are buffs, though Skills were reworked:

Visix the Unbowed

[Flanged Mace] - Has an 80% chance to decrease the target’s Turn Meter by 15% (up from 10%) with each hit

[Sinister Allies] - Skill redesigned: No longer places a [Shield] buff on herself and will instead place a 50% [Ally Protection] buff on all allies for 2 turns

[Single Combat] - Skill redesigned: Attacks all enemies (up from 1), places a [Provoke] debuff on them for 1 Turn. Places a [Shield] buff on this Champion equal to 20% of her MAX HP

Wurlim Frostking

[Winds of Winter] - Effect added: Places a [Veil] buff on the ally with the lowest HP for 1 turn if the target resisted the [Freeze] debuff. Additionally, the duration of the [Perfect Veil] buff (if [Freeze] was applied] has been increased to 2 turns

[Frostbite Blast] - Effect added: Places a 50% [Decrease ACC] debuff alongside the 30% [Decrease C.DMG]. These debuffs cannot be resisted

[Icegrave Armor] - Cooldown decreased to 5 turns (down from 6)

[Aura] - Increases Ally DEF by 40% in Doom Tower Battles (previously increased DEF by 30% in Arena Battles)

Soulless

- Base stats changed: Base SPD increased to 97 (was 87); Base DEF increased to 1421 (was 1255);  Base ATK decreased to 848 (was 1013). 

[Wave of Despair and Reign of Terror] - Multipliers slightly decreased to fit the changes to his DEF stat

Exemplar

[High Stance - Ascended] - Effect added: If the first hit is Critical, it will increase one of the target’s Skills cooldown (chosen at random) by 2 Turns. If the target is under a [Weaken] debuff at the time, it will increase the Skill cooldown to maximum

[Pincer Attack] - Debuff chance increased to 75% (up from 50%)

[Capture] - Cooldown decreased to 4 turns (down from 5)

Rowan

[Blade Surge] - Debuff chance increased to 75% (up from 50%)

Towering Titan

[Shieldsplitter] - Damage will be based on HP

[Flailing Assault] - Damage will be based on HP. Attacks 4 times at random. Places a [Provoke] debuff on the first hit, has an additional 50% chance to place a [Provoke] debuff on subsequent hits

[Bullish Vitality] - Shield duration increased to 3 turns. When ascended, the Skill will grant this Champion an extra turn

Suwai Firstborn

[Utter Rampage] - Skill reworked: Attacks all enemies, has a 75% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff. Cooldown: 4 turns. 

Skill upgrades: 

• Level 2: Damage +10%
  • Level 3: Damage +10%
  • Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
  • Level 6: Cooldown -1

[Deaden Reactions] - Cooldown decreased to 4 turns (down from 5)

Broadmaw

[Hail] - Debuff chance increased to 35% (up from 25%)

[Gift - Ascended] - Effect added. Fill the Turn Meter of all allies by 15%.

[Resurrect] - Cooldown decreased to 6 turns (down from 7)

[Aura] - Increases Ally DEF by 33% in Faction Wars Crypts

Baerdal Fellhammer

[Base Stats] - DEF increased, HP slightly decreased.

[Ensorcelled Axe] - Skill Upgrade adjusted:

• Level 2: Damage +10%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%

[Fey Protection] - Effect added. Has a 75% chance to place a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff if the target is already under a [Heal Reduction] debuff.

Whisper

[Charget Assault] - Effect added. Will also place a 30% [Increase C.Rate] buff on this Champion.

[Unyielding Flurry] - Cooldown decreased to 5 turns (down from 6)

AI Improvements

• Several Champions will see changes to their behavior in Auto Battle. You can find the comprehensive list below:
  • Siphi the Lost Bride will prioritize her Whirlwind Romance Skill in Clan Boss Battles
  • Tyrant Ixlimor will prioritize his Hellfire Torrent Skill in Clan Boss Battles
  • Shatterbones will prioritize his Hail Skill in the Fire Knight Castle Dungeon
  • Scyl of the Drakes will prioritize her Wingbeat Flurry Skill when there are two or more enemies alive
  • War Mother will use her Mother's Touch Skill on Bosses the target has active [Bomb] debuffs
  • Mountain King will always prioritize targets with the [Block Damage] buff when using his Regal Force Skill
  • Warlord will no longer use his Orcish Rituals Skill in Clan Boss Battles
  • Robar will use his Wild Swing Skill even if there is only one enemy alive
  • Tayrel will prioritize his Humble Skill when fighting the Fire Knight whenever the Cloak of Fire shield is active
  • Tayrel will no longer use his Preemptive Strike Skill in Clan Boss Battles
  • Elenaril will no longer use her Combust Skill if the target has no [Poison] debuffs
  • Zavia will no longer use her Deadly Catalyst Skill if the target has no [Poison] debuffs
  • Maneater will target Skavag with his Syphon Skill when fighting in the Spider’s Den 

Views
Comments
Apr 29, 2021, 13:0704/29/21
Apr 30, 2021, 05:0104/30/21
04/17/20

Raid Shadow Legend: Old lego become big food.

Apr 30, 2021, 08:3804/30/21
06/08/20

I own only 4 of these champs so I comment on all changes, but it looks good. I'm especially happy that Visix's kit now makes more sense.

But why the change on Broadmaw's aura? I feel like you gave it nice taps on the back (all changes are welcome, and quite frankly it came as a surprise) and then a slap in the face (changing his aura from Arena to Faction crypts.... come on).

Apr 30, 2021, 09:0604/30/21
05/26/17

Just looking at the skills to Broadmaw and his AOE skill is Ice Blast is this cnanging to Hail

Apr 30, 2021, 11:1604/30/21
01/28/20

What´s about Yakarl the Scourge? Absolutly useless atm!

Apr 30, 2021, 14:1904/30/21
09/28/20

Shame 

Apr 30, 2021, 14:1904/30/21
03/31/19
trevor.wilson

If you use zavia in the arena then you want her doing her catalyst for the no revive.

nah mostly for tag, and dungeons i gave up using her in arena. arbiter, stag, shiri and canda are a better team. I did use the cheese a few times, 4* no masteries - taurus x2 (super high accuracy and speed) arbiter and zavia. 9/10 fights were instant wins but it got boring. 

Apr 30, 2021, 14:3504/30/21
10/15/20
Illamanati

nah mostly for tag, and dungeons i gave up using her in arena. arbiter, stag, shiri and canda are a better team. I did use the cheese a few times, 4* no masteries - taurus x2 (super high accuracy and speed) arbiter and zavia. 9/10 fights were instant wins but it got boring. 

I have a limited roster, with none of those champs. I relied on her for arena, so this has been a screwed change for me

Apr 30, 2021, 15:5504/30/21
03/16/19

What about Rotos? will you unfuk the nerf? it takes few turns to drain 60K HP in arena, on second turn, he's dead already.

Apr 30, 2021, 17:4704/30/21
03/13/21

Collection

Apr 30, 2021, 21:0904/30/21
01/31/20
Anaklusmos

What about Rotos? will you unfuk the nerf? it takes few turns to drain 60K HP in arena, on second turn, he's dead already.

Rotos is still OP in Arena unless you have a team that has nothing but a strong and slow Rotos.  Well-built Rotos's still do multiple kills.   

May 1, 2021, 16:2605/01/21
05/13/19
r.g.etienne

I own only 4 of these champs so I comment on all changes, but it looks good. I'm especially happy that Visix's kit now makes more sense.

But why the change on Broadmaw's aura? I feel like you gave it nice taps on the back (all changes are welcome, and quite frankly it came as a surprise) and then a slap in the face (changing his aura from Arena to Faction crypts.... come on).

What makes you think Visix kit makes more sense?

They gave Visix Ally Protection with no Buff to protect herself?

Isn't she going to die instantly?

May 1, 2021, 18:2905/01/21
05/18/20

Will  the  limit  damage from  HP  burn  activation  skills?  I  heard  poison  explosion  will  be  nerfed.  Nothing  about  hp  burn  though?

May 1, 2021, 23:1405/01/21
04/12/20

We are now barely accomplishing level 21 , And now you say it will be lifted to 25 <omg It wasn't my fault, if I played Raid recently and I only have one level remains and Whenever it opens i get Lyia < I hope to delay the release of the patch for a week, or at least until it opens, if I knew that this would happen, I would not have bought many packages.  

May 3, 2021, 19:3305/03/21
10/19/20

When  will  septimus  prioritize  his  a1  on  the  spiderlings,  then  his  a2  on  the  spider  right  after?

May 5, 2021, 05:2705/05/21
03/18/20

wheres the dupe system lol 

last 2 x sacred event i dropped 8 sacreds quietly hoping for 1 new lego - pulled 3 vrasks from 5 sacreds didnt realise it was a 10x vrask event, then gold yes - hopes dashed dupe vizier

the last 5 legos that ive been able to summon only 1 new one like i have a small amount of legos but to be pulling old ones please come on having a laugh arent u 

May 6, 2021, 10:3705/06/21
10/15/20

You have completely broken zavia

Not only does she refuse to use catalyst in arena but she refuses to use it in spider even when there are poisons on the spider.

Do you actually test any of this ?