All Categories

Update Highlights 8.30

Update Highlights 8.30

Festival of Creation

The 5th RAID Anniversary will be known as the Festival of Creation. It will encompass a variety of in-game Events, gifts, visual changes to the Bastion, a new lore video, and a thematic Legendary Champion.

For the duration of the Festival, we’ll activate an alternative design to everyone’s Bastion - much like we do for the Holiday Season - and celebrate the Anniversary with a proper Kaerok-style Medieval fair. We’re also adding a new musical theme to the Bastion, so don’t forget to turn the volume up and check it out!

The Festival of Creation itself will include a Titan Event, a Hero’s Path Event, a custom Deck of Fate, and a thematic Champion Fusion for Armanz the Magnificent. This Legendary Champion is our Master of Ceremonies - an immortal bard and rogue in service of the Arbiter, whose solemn task is traveling the world and ensuring the story of its creation remains alive. He will feature in a lot of Anniversary-related content, including our newest lore video that will explain how Teleria came to be.

Keep an eye on the news in RAID and our social media to get the exact schedule of the upcoming Events, and don’t miss the free gifts we’ll be giving out!

i

New Progress Missions

We’ve added several major features to RAID in 2023, and now the time has come to reflect that in the Progress Missions. We’ve decided to create a separate new branch that will become available simultaneously with the Missions that unlock Ramantu Drakesblood. There will be 180 Progress Missions in total, broken down into 3 groups of 60.

These new Missions will focus on features such as Live Arena, Cursed City, Hydra battles, Champion Awakening, Gear Ascension, and so on. You’ll receive various rewards for each completed task, but the milestones provide the best prizes.

Once you complete all 180 new Missions, you can recruit Marius the Gallant - a Legendary Skinwalker Champion who specializes in weakening the enemy team through a rare [Enfeeble] debuff and through negating their buffs. He is also immune to Turn Meter reduction and can be a powerful addition to your Arena roster.

i

New Area Bonuses

Area Bonuses available in the Great Hall will be updated to include new game modes and Dungeons:

• Iron Twins Fortress
  • Sand Devil’s Necropolis
  • Phantom Shogun’s Grove
  • Faction Wars
  • Doom Tower
  • Cursed City

There are no changes to the core mechanics - all you need to do is unlock these bonuses with Live Arena Medals.

Classic Arena Battle Counter

We’re adding an Offensive Battle counter to the Classic Arena as a small quality-of-life update. Since you need to launch at least 20 of those to stay in your Tier, it should make things easier to keep track of.

i

Rebalance: Champions

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Mar 5, 2024, 13:0203/05/24
Mar 5, 2024, 13:2203/05/24
02/09/24

this is great and all.. but as a new player I find it hard to believe I will be able to get this new Armanz guy.. and Marius will be a few months.. maybe a year before i can get my hands on him. So is this celebration mostly a "whales" or "kraken" event? will there be anything for us newbies and the f2p people to do?

Mar 5, 2024, 13:3303/05/24
09/13/20

More than half of the player base is stuck on TTA missions because we despise them. If you actually want players to advance, remove these. 

Mar 5, 2024, 13:3903/05/24
03/14/20

I am playing Raid for over 3 years. Fair to say I have a pretty good roster. Yet 1 year ago I got stuck on progression mission "Reach Silver IV in the Tag Team Arena". So what do I care for this horse at the end of yet another series of unobtainable achievements. 

Mar 5, 2024, 13:5703/05/24
11/11/23

Could yall rebalance jingwon? I have him and he s useless for me he feels more like a epic than a lego

Mar 5, 2024, 14:0303/05/24
03/05/24
Henri Achten

I am playing Raid for over 3 years. Fair to say I have a pretty good roster. Yet 1 year ago I got stuck on progression mission "Reach Silver IV in the Tag Team Arena". So what do I care for this horse at the end of yet another series of unobtainable achievements. 

Just as a brief remark for all the other players out there complaining about TTA.

I'm a F2P player, a bit over 2 years in, I didn't pulled the best champions in the game either and I still managed to visit even Gold IV in TTA. In particular Silver IV or Gold I were quiet achievable on the road to Ramantu, which I finished in less then 2 years. It's even easier when there are regular Free Regear Events that allow you to slightly change the orientation of your roaster for a few weeks. The only thing needed is the will to actually reach this goal and play some TTA over the week. Yes, it's not done in 5 minutes, but if you actually go for it, you can also do it.

Mar 5, 2024, 14:0403/05/24
02/09/24
Just pep

Could yall rebalance jingwon? I have him and he s useless for me he feels more like a epic than a lego

not sure if the anniversary post is where you bring this up..

Mar 5, 2024, 14:0703/05/24
02/09/24
yannik0104

Just as a brief remark for all the other players out there complaining about TTA.

I'm a F2P player, a bit over 2 years in, I didn't pulled the best champions in the game either and I still managed to visit even Gold IV in TTA. In particular Silver IV or Gold I were quiet achievable on the road to Ramantu, which I finished in less then 2 years. It's even easier when there are regular Free Regear Events that allow you to slightly change the orientation of your roaster for a few weeks. The only thing needed is the will to actually reach this goal and play some TTA over the week. Yes, it's not done in 5 minutes, but if you actually go for it, you can also do it.

i believe it is possible! BUT I think what stops most people is the endless ammount of inactive accounts that get dropped down from higher tiers to silver IV where they stay  and you have to spend all day rerolling to find one team you can beat.

Mar 5, 2024, 14:1503/05/24
09/13/20
yannik0104

I for one am glad you managed to do this where so many others are not.

While you can't see it through the screen, just know that I'm giving you a polite golf clap for your accomplishment, and I look forward to hearing more about how we just lack the will to succeed.

Mar 5, 2024, 14:3103/05/24
09/09/20
Henri Achten

No worries man ;)

I am on the "Get into 3h3 Gold Tier 1" mission for over 2 years now, and I am not sure if I will ever get it with all the new champions and current higher tier players getting stronger and stronger :D

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 5, 2024, 15:1103/05/24
02/24/19
Just pep

I'll pass this request on! :)

Mar 5, 2024, 15:1303/05/24
03/05/24
Parhelion/Shaddus

I for one am glad you managed to do this where so many others are not.

While you can't see it through the screen, just know that I'm giving you a polite golf clap for your accomplishment, and I look forward to hearing more about how we just lack the will to succeed.

Step 1: Defense. I preferably use only Go-Second-Teams, as they are usually nastier to counter. It's not all about having in fact the stronger team, you just need to annoy your opponent enough so that you won't get attacked that much. There are a few relatively easy choices when it comes to champions:

• The first team could be (and was for me): Helicath, UDK, Pythion and Mithrala, all free champions or fusions that a player can have (and should have done if one already played by this time). Helicath and UDK have a very good synergy, in particular if UDK is in a nasty resistance build.
  • The other teams can be build similar, just look at your roaster, what champions or combos are annyoing to face. There are plenty of options, just to name a few that are freely available or were "lately": Tormin, Ankora, Arix, Wukong, Lady Mikage, Arbiter, Ukko.

Step 2: Offense. I don't have the amount of gear to build a ton of champions very strong, so many of my Defense champions are also used in Offense (for example the first team mentioned around Helicath & UDK). In Offense, I like to use one Go-First-Team, in particular one Bomb-Team (for example with Gnishak) can be really useful to counter the Stoneskin builds. In general, there are several champions that simply counter specific champions or team setups. Just a few examples:

• The enemy team is Go-Second and has no Cleanser -> Use a Bomb Champion.
  • The enemy team is a Go-First Team without a Bomb champion -> Use Stoneskin.
  • The enemy tries to hide behind a UDK -> Use a (Support-)Wukong.
  • The enemy uses Rotos -> Use Ronda.
  • If I see a Ukko, Kymar or someone in this manner, I use my Mortu. 

Step 3: Plan your progress. When the week starts, I would decide if I want to farm or climb, I wouldn't try both (but it still can work). If you want to climb, I put my real Defense in from the start. The first 2-3 days, you can climb a lot by attacking all these one-man-defenses. After that, you only need to keep your advantage. So you don't want to get attacked a lot (-> scare them with an annoying, RNG heavy fight). I would recommend to still try to fight a few fight per day. This doesn't need to be the full amount, just so that you keep your advantage. Ideally you're present by the end of the ranking period, so that you could still do a fight if you're close, but it's usually not necessary.

There are plenty of guides on YT that can also help progress further, also for (more) F2P players.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 5, 2024, 15:2803/05/24
Mar 5, 2024, 15:29(edited)
02/24/19
Beefsource

i believe it is possible! BUT I think what stops most people is the endless ammount of inactive accounts that get dropped down from higher tiers to silver IV where they stay  and you have to spend all day rerolling to find one team you can beat.

Inactive accounts continue to fall past Silver 4 down into Bronze and then finally fall off the matchmaking pool entirely. They stay off until the account becomes active again. 😊

So what you're seeing is just the accounts that people are at least playing enough to not fall past Silver. 😅

I know it's tough in Silver 4 though, was more difficult for me to get to Gold 1 that first time than most anything in the game. Was nice that they doubled the tier population sizes not too long after. Hopefully that's made a big difference for people trying to get their missions done.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 5, 2024, 15:3003/05/24
02/24/19
yannik0104

Step 1: Defense. I preferably use only Go-Second-Teams, as they are usually nastier to counter. It's not all about having in fact the stronger team, you just need to annoy your opponent enough so that you won't get attacked that much. There are a few relatively easy choices when it comes to champions:

• The first team could be (and was for me): Helicath, UDK, Pythion and Mithrala, all free champions or fusions that a player can have (and should have done if one already played by this time). Helicath and UDK have a very good synergy, in particular if UDK is in a nasty resistance build.
  • The other teams can be build similar, just look at your roaster, what champions or combos are annyoing to face. There are plenty of options, just to name a few that are freely available or were "lately": Tormin, Ankora, Arix, Wukong, Lady Mikage, Arbiter, Ukko.

Step 2: Offense. I don't have the amount of gear to build a ton of champions very strong, so many of my Defense champions are also used in Offense (for example the first team mentioned around Helicath & UDK). In Offense, I like to use one Go-First-Team, in particular one Bomb-Team (for example with Gnishak) can be really useful to counter the Stoneskin builds. In general, there are several champions that simply counter specific champions or team setups. Just a few examples:

• The enemy team is Go-Second and has no Cleanser -> Use a Bomb Champion.
  • The enemy team is a Go-First Team without a Bomb champion -> Use Stoneskin.
  • The enemy tries to hide behind a UDK -> Use a (Support-)Wukong.
  • The enemy uses Rotos -> Use Ronda.
  • If I see a Ukko, Kymar or someone in this manner, I use my Mortu. 

Step 3: Plan your progress. When the week starts, I would decide if I want to farm or climb, I wouldn't try both (but it still can work). If you want to climb, I put my real Defense in from the start. The first 2-3 days, you can climb a lot by attacking all these one-man-defenses. After that, you only need to keep your advantage. So you don't want to get attacked a lot (-> scare them with an annoying, RNG heavy fight). I would recommend to still try to fight a few fight per day. This doesn't need to be the full amount, just so that you keep your advantage. Ideally you're present by the end of the ranking period, so that you could still do a fight if you're close, but it's usually not necessary.

There are plenty of guides on YT that can also help progress further, also for (more) F2P players.

Good advice here!

Now I just need it in it's own thread in our game discussion section so I can point people to it! 😀

Mar 5, 2024, 15:4403/05/24
Mar 5, 2024, 15:45(edited)
02/09/24
harleQuinn

Inactive accounts continue to fall past Silver 4 down into Bronze and then finally fall off the matchmaking pool entirely. They stay off until the account becomes active again. 😊

So what you're seeing is just the accounts that people are at least playing enough to not fall past Silver. 😅

I know it's tough in Silver 4 though, was more difficult for me to get to Gold 1 that first time than most anything in the game. Was nice that they doubled the tier population sizes not too long after. Hopefully that's made a big difference for people trying to get their missions done.

classic arena and TTA are the same structure then? it took a month and lots of spending to get me past silver 4.. but as soon as i did i got to gold 5 in one day (in classic).. seems like a poorly designed system to me. 

Mar 5, 2024, 16:0603/05/24
05/05/22

There are also mistakes in the promotional codes section. Characters who are in the game are coming, it would be good if you give a chance to the characters who are not.

Mar 6, 2024, 03:4303/06/24
01/27/21

Well if you've rebalance Siegfrund, how about doing the most useless Mythical Aphidus?  He's worse than Sicia or Artak in his best form and obviously nobody uses his second form even though it looks awesome.  Also buff Frolni.  He's not meh like Siegfrund and Aphidus but he's also SIGNIFICANTLY below the other mythicals.  He's a good champ (unlike those other 2) but he's not a mythical.

Oh, and go back and actually buff Angar.  I have him on my alt account and took him out of the vault and took him to 6 stars and was ready to book him and then saw the "buff" and threw him directly back into the vault.  Seriously look at his skills and then look at the Archer and tell me you think that was a real buff.  His damage multipliers are still garbage too.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 6, 2024, 13:0103/06/24
02/24/19
Quintinar

Well if you've rebalance Siegfrund, how about doing the most useless Mythical Aphidus?  He's worse than Sicia or Artak in his best form and obviously nobody uses his second form even though it looks awesome.  Also buff Frolni.  He's not meh like Siegfrund and Aphidus but he's also SIGNIFICANTLY below the other mythicals.  He's a good champ (unlike those other 2) but he's not a mythical.

Oh, and go back and actually buff Angar.  I have him on my alt account and took him out of the vault and took him to 6 stars and was ready to book him and then saw the "buff" and threw him directly back into the vault.  Seriously look at his skills and then look at the Archer and tell me you think that was a real buff.  His damage multipliers are still garbage too.

Angar definitely back on my suggestion list. Thanks for the post. :)

Mar 6, 2024, 14:2603/06/24
02/09/24

@harleQuinn if you started a new account today.. would you think this anniversary is a worthy celebration to start the game with? other games invites new players with a free login champion and like a free multi pull to try the game and give them a good start. i feel like this is NOT really a celebration, its just another event only a select few can participate in. It would have been better to save the rathalos release for this event or add a new free login to get people excited. im not holding my breath.. but i hope there will be something! but i would encourage all developers to try to run a free to play account for like a month and then see what happens if they are allowed to spend 10$ just to see what a reasonable spending gets you.. if they did i bet they would feel the frustration casual spenders feel when they cant splurge anymore and the progress just stops dead in its tracks. completing a fusion event?? that is a JOKE not even some spending would get you anywhere.. you need to spend houndreds or thousands of dollars to finish that shit as a new player with no saved resources!