All Categories

Patch Notes (16.03.21) Update 3.40

Patch Notes (16.03.21) Update 3.40

i

This update brings a new feature - Champion Tags - together with changes to some existing features and a few quality-of-life improvements. Here’s all you need to know about this update:

Champion Tags

Champion Tags let you categorize the Champions in your Collection according to how you use them in-game.

To tag a Champion, select one in the Collection, then press the Champion Tags button (indicated by a Star). When you tap the icon, a drop-down menu will appear with a list of all the available tags. There are multiple tags available to choose from:

• Favorite - For whomever you love the most.
  • Attack, Defense, Support, and Speed Build - To indicate how a Champion has been built if a Champion can be built for different roles.
  • Build I, II and III - Use these however you'd like, but we recommend using them when you have multiple of the same Champion built and you want to indicate the difference in Artifact quality between them.
  • None - When you don't want a Champion to be tagged.

You can only apply one Tag to each Champion. After you Tag a Champion, it will be displayed on their avatar throughout the game: in the Champion Collection; the Champion Vault; the Tavern; and the Champion selection screen before every battle. This makes it much easier to find who you're looking for!

Advanced Quest improvements

Added a new Doom Tower-related quest to Advanced Quests and added Silver Doom Tower Keys to the Advanced Quest reward pool.

We also added a new Milestone Reward; now the number of Quests needed to reach the final Milestone has increased, but you’ll also get an extra Reward along the way (a Rank 4 Chicken for completing 80 Advanced Quests!).

However, we have also increased the number of Quests you receive each day. This means that although the number of Quests needed to reach the end has increased, the number of days it takes to get the final reward (a Legendary Skill Tome) remains the same – 25 days assuming you complete all your Quests every day.

These changes will take effect only after you claim the final Milestone Reward on your current Advanced Quests track.

Champion and battle fixes

• Venus will now use the Blind With Infatuation skill on the Clan Boss when it’s not on cooldown and there are 8 or fewer debuffs applied.
  • Fixed how Champions move when teaming up to attack with allies.
  • Changed Shield buff priority. Now when applying a Shield buff on a Champion who already has a Shield buff, the highest value Shield will be kept (or will override the smaller one). It is no longer decided by the duration of the buffs, but by the size of the Shield.
  • Unkillable buffs will now activate before being removed by Gorgorab’s Misfortune skill.
  • Candraphon now places an extra hit as intended with the Punish Hubris skill if the target is under an Unkillable buff.
  • Points for losing Classic Arena Defense battles are now calculated correctly when fighting the same opponent repeatedly.
  • The Tag Team Arena progress bar now displays correctly after multiple refreshes.
  • New battles now start correctly if the previous battle on Auto was interrupted by an error.
  • All Artifact or Accessory stats are displayed correctly when the Fitting Room mode is enabled.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain players not to receive their Weekly Tag Team Arena rewards.
  • Fixed a visual bug that affected revival animations.
  • Astralon’s and Countess Lix’s revival animations are now displayed correctly without any delay.

Game Experience Enhancements

• New Avatars: Complete the Doom Tower for the first time on Normal and Hard to get your hands on them.
  • All Clan Boss Rewards are now detailed in "Drop Info".
  • Moderators will now be indicated in the Chat.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Plarium Play to launch incorrectly if the system language was Arabic.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Progress Mission completion to be tracked and displayed incorrectly.
  • Added a pop-up to use any Full Energy items in your Inbox whenever you run out of Energy.
  • The Doom Tower Global Rankings popup will no longer display in the Bastion after every re-login.
Views
Comments
Mar 16, 2021, 13:0803/16/21
Mar 16, 2021, 13:4903/16/21
08/18/20

Hey! Great update! But I have a question about changing the mechanics of one hero. Why did you break Venus? Now she is mindlessly using A2 and does not take into account that these debuffs have already been imposed by another hero. This is very stupid to be honest, and I absolutely do not understand your motives for this change. Thanks to this change, my Venus began to do several million less damage to the clan boss.(((

Mar 16, 2021, 13:5303/16/21
08/17/19

Where is the void rebalancing patch coming? I thought it's gonna be this one.

Mar 16, 2021, 13:5603/16/21
Mar 16, 2021, 14:23(edited)
04/20/16

Changed Shield buff priority. Now when applying a Shield buff on a Champion who already has a Shield buff, the highest value Shield will be kept (or will override the smaller one). It is no longer decided by the duration of the buffs, but by the size of the Shield. 

Are you joking? You want to tell us that there is no way to fight Scarab anymore? I did not think about it too much yet, but I think that only strong solo Vergis should work... I was able to kill all HARD Scarabs last time with Miscreated in roster. Now Im stuck on LVL 100 NORMAL! Tell me this is a mstake... 

//edit: That´s probably not this change. Multihits are counted as turns, so if you get shield for 3 turns and hit 3x, the shield just disappears. Amazing. It´s weird, because MM has 1turn shield, then he uses A2 to place shield for 3 turns. After this turn he has no shield... 

Mar 16, 2021, 15:1003/16/21
03/29/20

I have the same issue as Paramel.

In my spider team MM doesn't replace shields on my non-tank champions if his second shield is smaller than the first shield. Thus now my non-tank champions become the target.

Mar 16, 2021, 15:2503/16/21
Mar 16, 2021, 15:51(edited)
01/02/21

YOU GUYS MESSED UP!!!!

YOU CHANGE MECHANICS without warning making CHAMPIONS UNUSABLE!

MIscreated Monster is worthless now, cant use him now on SPider or Scarab Boss.

I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME, I invest TIME, MONEY and you guys CHANGE THE mechanics every month so ALL THE MONEY AND TIME I INVESTED IN MY CHAMPIONS IS WORTH NOTHING!

leaving GAME! - CANT PLAN ANYTHING or enjoy the game when the idiots at plarium change the rules every  month!

Would it be to hard to write into the coding to ALLOW champ recast his own shields??

Mar 16, 2021, 15:3503/16/21
Mar 16, 2021, 15:37(edited)
02/01/21

Great....... I wasted a lot of time and money to setup my MM, because it was the only one full shield buffer  I dropped and now I can't use it anymore on spider and scarab............ Thx a lot ...............

Mar 16, 2021, 15:5003/16/21
03/25/20
kemkemal1978

YOU GUYS MESSED UP!!!!

YOU CHANGE MECHANICS without warning making CHAMPIONS UNUSABLE!

MIscreated Monster is worthless now, cant use him now on SPider or Scarab Boss.

I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME, I invest TIME, MONEY and you guys CHANGE THE mechanics every month so ALL THE MONEY AND TIME I INVESTED IN MY CHAMPIONS IS WORTH NOTHING!

leaving GAME! - CANT PLAN ANYTHING or enjoy the game when the idiots at plarium change the rules every  month!

Would it be to hard to write into the coding to ALLOW champ recast his own shields??

I 100% agree. Will probably quit. Dont want to level up another champ to replace MM just so that champ will be nerfed next month. 

Mar 16, 2021, 15:5503/16/21
Mar 16, 2021, 15:59(edited)
08/26/19

Beautiful update. Love all the Quality of Life additions made with this patch.

However, I would like to request two things if may here.

1. We have had milestone rewards for 50, 100, 150, & 250. (i.e. every 50 points except 200). I have always wondered & asked why 200 was left out & if some decent reward (say 2 Epic tomes) can be put at that place.

We're all aware about the situation with skill tomes & how it is very difficult to actually obtain them. The playerbase will really appreciate it if you put 2 epic tomes in that vacant slot. Because currently, it feels very hollow while progressing from 150 to 250 milestone points.

2. The champion tag feature is very handy & I'm thankful for that. If possible, can you guys please make a little change in all the tag logos. The change I'm asking is to make all logos in some dark colour with a light colour glow around it. This way, the tags will not only appear beautiful but will also be much more visible/ distinguishable than they are in their current state. (For reference, this post's banner has a good example of such design).

Thank You

PS - The mobile version of forum is still buggy as hell while typing in chatbox. Had to come from PC again in order to reply here.

Mar 16, 2021, 16:3003/16/21
07/18/20

This is some of  quality of life updates you spoke so highly about? Kinda missed exactly how it made a significant difference in our joy to continue playing this game. The grinds are getting even worse, and the cut and paste rewards are still here, and so is the stupid price of silver  i pay to change the gear I paid so much to improve. Some quality that is. Oh my mistake the (a Rank 4 Chicken for completing 80 Advanced Quests!). With an explamation point. Some reward that is. Champion what? Oh yeah Tags! Good job on fixing the old issues thats been around for a long time, Yeah I know your working on it. Same ole cut and paste answers. Keep up the great work. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in helping the community thoroughly enjoy these updates.

Mar 16, 2021, 16:5403/16/21
08/10/20

Just updated.  Will see how it effects my gaming.

Mar 16, 2021, 18:0803/16/21
04/06/19

Plarium, I really wish all of you reconsider/revert the changes to shield mechanics.  I am beginning to have the impression, the work players do to use resources to build champions is inconsequential to you and you don't care.  

Mar 16, 2021, 21:0303/16/21
03/05/21

Hey guys,

Game's good overall, but this update brought an issue :

I can't upgrade characters in the tavern anymore.

The sacrifices are made (ie I loose pints and characters) but no XP is gained in return.

It gets even more annoying when it prevents me to fulfill the daily quest "Increase Champion's level in the tavern", which prevents me from claiming the "Complete All Daily Quests" quest, which impacts the weekly quests, so on...

I have made a post in the bugs subforums if any dev' wants to have a look.

Mar 16, 2021, 22:0103/16/21
05/29/19

the art team delivers once again. their take on well known asian figures as well as the red sun background are wonderful 👍👍

ps: forum still buggy for android

Mar 17, 2021, 00:5003/17/21
06/14/19

I retracted my last two Comments. i went off half cocked. i just used MM in spider 20. he actually runs  very cool. I aplogize for my short sighted comments and will use him in all places thouroughly then comment. My hope is Plar would fix other champs like Grohak and Visix. there a a couple more. Legendaries should be legendary in there kit and applications of kits. Thank you.

Mar 17, 2021, 02:3703/17/21
01/01/21

Quick  question 

I  heard  there  was  a  cap  of  how  many  losses  you  could  take  in  arena  

why  did  you  remove  it  and  why  there's no  mention of  that  in  the  patch  notes?

i'm  getting butchered non  stop  for  the  last  2  and  a  half  hours ....

Seriously  i  was  just  beginning to  enjoy  the  arena  but  this  is  ridiculously  frustrating 

Mar 17, 2021, 02:5103/17/21
02/11/21

"Added a new Doom Tower-related quest to Advanced Quests and added Silver Doom Tower Keys to the Advanced Quest reward pool."  - I can't seem to use 5 can someone help? I can only beat 1 silver room and when I redo the room it doesn't count to using a key.

Mar 17, 2021, 02:5803/17/21
06/22/19
Sky Thacker

"Added a new Doom Tower-related quest to Advanced Quests and added Silver Doom Tower Keys to the Advanced Quest reward pool."  - I can't seem to use 5 can someone help? I can only beat 1 silver room and when I redo the room it doesn't count to using a key.

You can use silver keys to rebattle bosses after you beat them once. It's for farming the special material used in the forge 

Mar 17, 2021, 03:0703/17/21
06/14/19

yaeh I figured that out . Sorry again. damn. im really puttin my foot in in tonight. please disregard anything i have said abut this. 

Mar 17, 2021, 03:4203/17/21
Mar 17, 2021, 04:40(edited)
06/01/20

If the change to shield mechanics is meant to prevent smaller shields overriding big ones. (for example when Kreela attacks with her A1 when Miscreated Monster shields have just  one turn duration left) , please consider 'fixing' it differently as this change puts RNG now basicly in control instead of the players. As people mentioned especially with Scarab king where consistent shielding is crucial. (but also elsewhere) Basicly this is a big nerf to champions with shields that are not always the same size. If you want to refresh shields now but happen to trigger a smaller one, a cooldown is basicly wasted.

If this is supposed to be a fix, I would suggest that instead of ignoring the smaller shield completely if it would last longer, apply it after the current shield is expired on the champion's turn (except when removed or size is reduced to 0) with a duration minus the remaining duration the previous shield had at the time the new shield was cast. 

(I hope it is clear using words. I wish I had a whiteboard to explain it better)

Edit: or maybe simpler to implement/explain, but effectively the same:

• If there is a shield active smaller in size, but with more duration left than the one being applied, reduce the new shield's size by the existing one's and apply it without removing the existing one. 
  • If there is a shield active bigger in size, but with less duration left than the one being applied, reduce the existing shield size by the new shield size and apply the new shield without removing the existing one.
  • Otherwise prioritize the shield with both greatest size and longest duration
  • Incoming damage will reduce the size of the shield with the shortest duration first if there is more than one active.