All Categories

Update 3.40 Highlight

Update 3.40 Highlight

Greetings from Plarium!

Update 3.40 is nearing release, and we’re ready to present you guys with a list of cool features that will be included. You can expect some quality-of-life adjustments such as the ability to tag your Champions in the Collection. In addition to all that, a whole new Faction - the mighty Shadowkin - arrives to Teleria! Curious to learn more? Then read on!

Shadowkin

Shrouded in mystery, the Shadowkin hail from the furthest reaches of the Eastern Continent, beyond the Brimstone Path. Believed to have been under the brutal heel of the Demonspawn for the last several hundred years, only recently have they cast of Siroth’s yoke and thrown their lot in with the other factions of the world. Fearsome warriors all, their years bent to evil purpose have left a darkness about them. They have much to atone for, and only time will tell if they have truly regained their honor...

Yep, a whole new faction is coming to Teleria! The mysterious Shadowkin are heavily based on Asian mythology and aesthetics, all brought in line with the overall dark fantasy style of Raid: Shadow Legends. We’re planning to expand the faction gradually, with batches of new Champions arriving throughout multiple updates. Worry not, we’re not going to unlock a Shadowkin Crypt in the Faction Wars until later, when there are enough Champions for you to make a solid team.

And here are the brave pioneers be coming to Raid when 3.40 drops:

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

Champion Tags

A small addition to the game is the Champion Tags feature. As the name suggests, it will allow you to tag various Champions in your collection, and these tags will be visible on the Champion selection screen before battles. It should make life a lot easier for those who have duplicate Champions with different builds. Even those who don’t use duplicates might find it more convenient to select their teams once they have a few Champions marked for specific roles.

Miscellaneous

• Completing the Doom Tower on either difficulty for the first time will award special avatars. 
  • Clan Boss Reward Chests will show all possible rewards on a tap
  • Moderators will appear in the game chat rooms
Views
Comments
Mar 12, 2021, 13:5603/12/21
Mar 12, 2021, 14:5203/12/21
Mar 12, 2021, 15:07(edited)
03/30/19

Honestly disappointed by these new champs. Toragi the Frog looks like the one that's gonna be the most useful one and I'll only use him in FW. 

Even with god-tier multipliers I doubt these champs gonna see any play.

Meh

Hopefully next batch brings us something better

EDIT : Amazing artwork as always though, even for the rares and uncommons. 

Mar 12, 2021, 15:0703/12/21
02/28/21

Eastern not only about Japan... 

Mar 12, 2021, 15:0903/12/21
11/12/19

Thank you 

can  not  wait  to  try  the  new  faction  

keep it up 

Mar 12, 2021, 15:2103/12/21
09/06/20

It's become a habit that every average champ needs 12 books and up ...we can see your greed 

Mar 12, 2021, 15:3903/12/21
Mar 12, 2021, 16:01(edited)
07/17/20

In my opinion, I think it's really important to make getting a Legendary always feel like it's better than getting an Epic/Rare. It hasn't felt that way in a long time. I did the Pyxniel fusion and was disappointed. I see the new Yoshi fusion, and again I am disappointed. Not with the kit, but the books you need to make them playable.

So often, these new Legendary champs that are introduced are ONLY getting playtime in the Faction Wars. A lot of seasoned players already have established teams for every other part of the game (dungeon farming, Arena, Clan Boss, etc) and there is just no place for the new Legendaries because they are are so underwhelming, need tons of books, and are just flat out worse than the other legendaries that have been out for ages.

The most disheartening thing is striking gold when you pull a shard only to debate whether it would be better served as a chicken... 

Mar 12, 2021, 15:5503/12/21
02/26/21

disappointing so far. Especially the fragment champ.

I just got my Scyl and she is way more beneficial to my progress.

Mar 12, 2021, 15:5603/12/21
01/06/21

I am looking forward to trying these new champions. I have only been playing for about 60 days now, so perhaps I do not have the same view as the seasoned players, but the way I see it, it is perhaps a good thing that each new champion does not "change the meta" or make the old champions "less usable". For example, my first Lego pull was Sethallia. She is an OG champ, and still really good. If all the new champions that come out keep up the power creep, my pull would have been meaningless. I like that there is at least some balance to the release of the champions. (Good job imo Plarium).

I do 100% agree with the book comment though.... I only have so many books and there are so many champions that are totally useless unless booked. Using the same example, I was able to FULLY book Sethallia after 60 days. I am not F2P myself, but the Lego books i pulled naturally was enough to book her out.

Alternately, Iron Brago is another champ I got from the Fragment, and I got Astrolon from the Fusion, and there is no way I will be able to shell out the cash to book the 30 or so books it will take to make them maxed out.

Mar 12, 2021, 15:5803/12/21
09/20/19
Boxelder

In my opinion, I think it's really important to make getting a Legendary always feel like it's better than getting an Epic/Rare. It hasn't felt that way in a long time. I did the Pyxniel fusion and was disappointed. I see the new Yoshi fusion, and again I am disappointed. Not with the kit, but the books you need to make them playable.

So often, these new Legendary champs that are introduced are ONLY getting playtime in the Faction Wars. A lot of seasoned players already have established teams for every other part of the game (dungeon farming, Arena, Clan Boss, etc) and there is just no place for the new Legendaries because they are are so underwhelming, need tons of books, and are just flat out worse than the other legendaries that have been out for ages.

The most disheartening thing is striking gold when you pull a shard only to debate whether it would be better served as a chicken... 

I completely agree with you!

Mar 12, 2021, 16:2203/12/21
04/02/20

Once Again Tons of champ that no1 will even use, empty Patch, way to go Plarium

Mar 12, 2021, 17:0803/12/21
12/21/18

I love that you're going to make it easier for us to find our duplicates, but once again don't address the problem of duplicates.  

Over 25% of my legendary champions are duplicates.

Mar 12, 2021, 17:1603/12/21
03/04/21

Well I'm kind of excited but I'm relatively new to the game only about a month so I haven't been playing long enough to start hating it yet. 

Mar 12, 2021, 17:2403/12/21
03/31/19

Honestly ... it is as it was with Drarfs when they came up... average Legendaries at best, nothing really "must have-like". 

But I remain positive about it.

Plarium did receive a lot of hate ( and they did deserve it ). Now there are lot of changes and they are slowly but surely ...

Community might want to see changes to happen faster, but it is happening and that is most important

Mar 12, 2021, 17:4803/12/21
04/25/19
Carbinator.raid

I am looking forward to trying these new champions. I have only been playing for about 60 days now, so perhaps I do not have the same view as the seasoned players, but the way I see it, it is perhaps a good thing that each new champion does not "change the meta" or make the old champions "less usable". For example, my first Lego pull was Sethallia. She is an OG champ, and still really good. If all the new champions that come out keep up the power creep, my pull would have been meaningless. I like that there is at least some balance to the release of the champions. (Good job imo Plarium).

I do 100% agree with the book comment though.... I only have so many books and there are so many champions that are totally useless unless booked. Using the same example, I was able to FULLY book Sethallia after 60 days. I am not F2P myself, but the Lego books i pulled naturally was enough to book her out.

Alternately, Iron Brago is another champ I got from the Fragment, and I got Astrolon from the Fusion, and there is no way I will be able to shell out the cash to book the 30 or so books it will take to make them maxed out.

I don't agree with this whiney idea that books are required so much.  I use Brago a lot, and I not only haven't booked him at all, but he has no masteries.  He is so great without all of that!  He pushed me through FW21, and I use him in most dungeons and doom tower waves. Not every champ needs to be booked.  You have limited resources, be picky how you spend them.

Mar 12, 2021, 17:5803/12/21
09/18/19

As usual, quality artwork and I am sure the Champions are going to look top notch ... but that's only going to get you guys so far.

- Mostly single target DPS

- One support character with a rez that has a kill component qualifier

- The new Reaction Accessories will make many of these Champions pretty much obsolete before people even get them. Who is going to play a character with only a 25% chance to crit eventhough they've geared the characters with 100% crit in their stats ?

- WAY too many books. Leggos should be 10 books MAX. With the sheer number of Champs you guys have been releasing lately, you would think the book requirements would go down instead of up. 12-17 books for a Champ, Leego or Epic is just ludicrous.

Mar 12, 2021, 18:1703/12/21
03/30/19
Carbinator.raid

I understand what you're saying but now try thinking like this ...

I got Sethalia, she's an OG, now what's the point of me pulling any other champ when Sethalia is the best one? 

Now I hope you understand I'm just using Sethalia as an example.

Now here's the flaw in your logic - if there existed a better version of Sethalia your Sethalia would not be USELESS, she'd still be good in every type of content people use her right now. Just because there exists a better version of X champion doesn't make the X champion redundant.

Meta has been stale and stagnant for a long time. We've had little to no power creep. There's no excitement to these new champions for us who already have the OGs. There hasn't been a new counterattack champ since release, Arbiter is still the best speed buffer and she's been out for years.

No power creep makes things boring, but power creep won't make your champions useless. 

Mar 12, 2021, 18:1803/12/21
03/12/19

Way to dilute the champion pool, smh not sure why people keep playing this "game". 3 counter attack champion's out of what 300? It's a joke but people keep spending so I guess it is "working "

Mar 12, 2021, 18:5403/12/21
05/29/19

hmm.. nothing essentially new. 

as for the new faction, I reserve my full judgement until I have enough on-hands experience with them. on paper they don't look special though and apparently the pool keeps getting diluted (something that hurts the game extensively..)

Mar 12, 2021, 18:5903/12/21
Mar 12, 2021, 19:15(edited)
05/04/20

I would love to see where new gameplay functions are improved:

Tavern: When you select upgrade rank only show those who can (Could be a check box) be upgraded I have to roll down 120 characters where I'm trying to who can I upgrade.

On Plarium gameplay: There are huge discrepancies in the way each window works. Like go into battle and you can scroll left on right but go into Campaign or Dungeons you cannot so you have to write a difficult script to get to the right battles. 

Events and Tourneys: Every other window in the game lets you use esc to go back one window but Events and Tourneys. My motor skills are eroding and its very hard to click the exit. Can we just make the game consistent.

Can we get a reverse the list order like we get with the In Box

Mar 12, 2021, 19:0703/12/21
01/20/21

I actually like their aesthetics. I haven't check yet their abs & stats, but I love these new asian action heroes. Is there a chance we get more types such as asian ogres, and animal folks? 

Mar 12, 2021, 19:4903/12/21
01/20/21
HamBurgler

Way to dilute the champion pool, smh not sure why people keep playing this "game". 3 counter attack champion's out of what 300? It's a joke but people keep spending so I guess it is "working "

Actually, I strongly believe the game filters drops based upon your team build-ups. I discovered these after I started getting Sacred Crusader after another, even on Epic drops. I play mostly these. I believe the whole "fusion" mechanic is that precisely, a counter weight to ensure players don't just focus on a single faction, thus turning the drop chances towards other factions. 

I got Relic Keeper by Fusion. Coincidentially, I got a lots of barbarians, Dark Elves, and Demonspawns. I got me a few exotics which actually match those factions too. So, you can filter yourself by just playing the factions you want the most.