All Categories

Raid Digest (09.09.22)

Raid Digest (09.09.22)

Greetings! The Awakening feature has truly woken up the community, and today's digest will tackle this new content heavily. So, without further ado, let's delve into the first Raid Digest of this fall.

The Awakening and Blessings

You can find the gist of the Awakening feature in our recent YouTube videos and in Patch Notes 6.00. However, here, we would like to address some aspects that call for additional clarification.

First, there will be no Events or Tournaments for the Awakening-related activities (raiding Iron Twins Fortress, summoning Souls, Awakening of Champions, etc.) in the nearest future. This means that to complete at least several next Fusions, you may safely focus on the well-known activities. Secondly, there will be no x2 or x10 summon boost events of summoning Souls, at least for the immediate future. Don't forget to fill in your Soul Wishlist, though, as it is specifically designed as a permanent booster of chances for getting the Souls you need.

Let's now turn our attention to Blessings. Please, notice that neither Accuracy of a Champion that applies a Blessing nor the target's Resistance affect the chances of the successful landing of the Blessing. Therefore, the target cannot resist or somehow block Blessings unless otherwise specified in the Blessing's description. Also, debuffs of Block Active or Passive skills, being applied to an Awakened Champion, do not preclude them from activating their Blessings or getting passive benefits from them.

Changes and Fixes

We keep tweaking the Iron Twins boss to deliver a challenging and meaningful gameplay experience in that Dungeon. The Boss will be able to ignore Unkillable buff with some of its Skills so that One-Champion Unkillable-based teams stop being an all-around universal solution.

Due to the prompt reports from the community, we've managed to quickly track down some bugs that appeared after the update to version 6.00. Here are several of them we have already fixed in today's patch:

• Soulstones now drop as an additional bonus in the Hydra chests, not as a replacement for the regular rewards there.
  • Being defeated in the Shadowkin Faction Wars Crypts no longer causes you to lose Faction Wars keys.
  • Fixed the bug with the Brimstone Blessing going on cooldown even if it fails to trigger.

Also, here are some known visual glitches to be fixed in the upcoming patches:

• Sometimes when the Polymorph Blessings turns the target into a sheep, the visual model of the unfortunate Champion remains the same, though the Sheep debuff does apply its effects and even appears above their head.
  • There is a visual glitch with the Ultimate Deathknight's health bar not depicting the actual number of HP left. Due to that, sometimes, even when it appears as if his HP dropped to 0, our bellowed undead Champion stubbornly refuses, well, to die for good.
  • Veil, Perfect Veil, and some other effects sometimes do not properly appear visually when applied to  Ultimate Deathknight. He's become too much of a celebrity to hide, it seems.

Miscellaneous

We have revised the battle effectiveness for many of our Champions and strengthened many of them in a series of rebalances. If there is a Champion in your Collection that started performing considerably better after a rebalance, please don't forget to update the ratings you've previously given them. Both we and your fellow raiders, not to mention the Champion in question, of course, would appreciate a more up-to-date assessment of the Champion's utility across different in-game areas.

Clan vs. Clan Tournament and Personal Rewards

The upcoming Clan vs. Clan Tournament will be without Personal Rewards.

This is it for now, folks. We hope this digest has been useful and informative, but if you have any questions left or some feedback to share, don't hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.

Have a blessed weekend, and see you in two weeks' time!

Views
Comments
Sep 9, 2022, 15:2409/09/22
Sep 9, 2022, 16:3409/09/22
06/05/22

There also seems to be a change where the champion list no longer resets to the top when opening/closing the vault. A very welcome fix!

Sep 9, 2022, 18:4209/09/22
01/27/21

What a joke.  You dislike paragon so you nerf all unkillable champs?  You know, if anybody who worked at plarium understood their own game OR if there were a real test server like real games have, you could fix all this stuff prior to launch.  This is just pathetic.  To anybody out there who spent gems on this thing, hope you learned what sort of company you are dealing with.  Glad I didn't even bother when I saw how horrendous the rewards were although they seem to be replacing real rewards in tournaments and events with this nonsense.

Sep 9, 2022, 21:1609/09/22
03/19/20

I'll be honest I kinda enjoy the thought that it will ignore unkillable champs this will cause people to find new ways and methods to win. I am have been having fun toying around with the blessings when I am able to as well nice add raid 

Sep 10, 2022, 05:5609/10/22
09/08/22

wtf is this.

I ddid not get any promo code or something

Sep 10, 2022, 06:1709/10/22
05/25/20

i was trying to buy some shards packs, but my card keeps ignoring that. 

Sep 14, 2022, 11:1809/14/22
09/14/22

Please add a feature to the arena for matches that come out in a draw. Two deathknights fighting it out is a pain in my backside. I have had plenty of matches where it has ended up in a draw due to either the other team not being able to kill me (or me them). It sucks if thier characters get a lucky crit and take out a couple guys before I can get a shield on them and left with an "almost" unstoppable character.

Sep 15, 2022, 18:3709/15/22
08/09/22

I'm going to be honest - The Iron Twins boss has more !@#$ing mechanics to deal with then the GD Hydra.

First, ofc, are it's stats - Unlike all other Dungeon bosses, which have a static speed so that you can make a team centered around that speed, the Iron Twins continually gains speed as you go up in difficulties. This combo's with the ever-higher amounts of accuracy and resilience it gains - Not to mention the standard increases to health, damage, and defense.

Thus, in order to even attempt Iron Twins at higher difficulties with non-cheesing comps, significant portions of the stat budget have to be dedicated to Resilience, Accuracy, and Speed - Far more then on any other boss in the game.

And, ofc, the boss has a constant growing "enrage timer" - Not only are Ironbrand stacks constantly growing up, steadily increasing the damage of both it's sub-40% HP ability as well as it's retailiatory passive, but it's also steadily increasing it's damage and defense nearly every single turn!

Following up is the absolute plethora of buffs and debuffs you have to maintain on this boss - You need Reduced Resilience (To land your own debuffs), Reduced Accuracy (To lessen the amount of debuffs it's sending out to you), Reduced Speed (So you can actually buff yourself without causing it's damage to vastly ramp up), in addition to all the standard Boss debuffs - Reduced Attack, Defense, Weaken, ect - That will be needed to even down it.

Oh, wait, it cleanses itself 4 times of all debuffs throughout the fight? Ah well.

Let's not even forget how it can completely cripple damage and defensive capabilities  on it's default A1.

Ah, and multi-hit heroes basically have their damage absolutely neutered against this boss.

Final icing on the cake? The need for 4 different teams for each daily rotation.

Oh, and even if you do have the 100% perfect team for all 4 difficulties, you gotta spend those gems, otherwise you aren't even getting 1 soulstone/day

Here are my suggestions.

Suggestion 1: Pick a speed value and set all 60 different stages to that value. Doesn't matter if it's 150, 200, or 250, just make sure it's the same throughout each stage.

Suggestion 2: Remove the multi-hit damage reduction passive from the boss. Making half the roster sub-viable on the boss as a damage dealer is not OK. Even with Fire Knight, you can still beat him with a full team of 1-hits if they all have 200+ speed, and one of them has turn-meter reduction in thier kit.

Suggestion 3: Remove either the debuff-cleanse from the passive, or the turn-meter immunity (Change it to the more-common partial reduction).

Suggestion 4: Either remove Ironbrand, or remove the attack and defense stacking mechanics. Having not one but two seperate enrage timers is terrible design.

Suggestion 5: Vastly increase the amount of Mortal Soul Coins rewarded from the first 10 stages - Ideally to get 1-3 soulstones/day without gem expenditure. Swap over to Immortal Soul Coins for stage 11-15 rewards at the current rate that Mortal Soul Coins are rewarded.

Suggestion 6: Add Soul Coin/Essence/Stone packs to the shop that are constantly available so that players who wish to sink money to speed up their progress can do so.

Overall, this is a vastly overtuned boss with a vastly undertuned reward system. At least the power boost from Blessings are quit powerful

Sep 16, 2022, 05:3809/16/22
03/30/22
Frogspoison

I'm going to be honest - The Iron Twins boss has more !@#$ing mechanics to deal with then the GD Hydra.

First, ofc, are it's stats - Unlike all other Dungeon bosses, which have a static speed so that you can make a team centered around that speed, the Iron Twins continually gains speed as you go up in difficulties. This combo's with the ever-higher amounts of accuracy and resilience it gains - Not to mention the standard increases to health, damage, and defense.

Thus, in order to even attempt Iron Twins at higher difficulties with non-cheesing comps, significant portions of the stat budget have to be dedicated to Resilience, Accuracy, and Speed - Far more then on any other boss in the game.

And, ofc, the boss has a constant growing "enrage timer" - Not only are Ironbrand stacks constantly growing up, steadily increasing the damage of both it's sub-40% HP ability as well as it's retailiatory passive, but it's also steadily increasing it's damage and defense nearly every single turn!

Following up is the absolute plethora of buffs and debuffs you have to maintain on this boss - You need Reduced Resilience (To land your own debuffs), Reduced Accuracy (To lessen the amount of debuffs it's sending out to you), Reduced Speed (So you can actually buff yourself without causing it's damage to vastly ramp up), in addition to all the standard Boss debuffs - Reduced Attack, Defense, Weaken, ect - That will be needed to even down it.

Oh, wait, it cleanses itself 4 times of all debuffs throughout the fight? Ah well.

Let's not even forget how it can completely cripple damage and defensive capabilities  on it's default A1.

Ah, and multi-hit heroes basically have their damage absolutely neutered against this boss.

Final icing on the cake? The need for 4 different teams for each daily rotation.

Oh, and even if you do have the 100% perfect team for all 4 difficulties, you gotta spend those gems, otherwise you aren't even getting 1 soulstone/day

Here are my suggestions.

Suggestion 1: Pick a speed value and set all 60 different stages to that value. Doesn't matter if it's 150, 200, or 250, just make sure it's the same throughout each stage.

Suggestion 2: Remove the multi-hit damage reduction passive from the boss. Making half the roster sub-viable on the boss as a damage dealer is not OK. Even with Fire Knight, you can still beat him with a full team of 1-hits if they all have 200+ speed, and one of them has turn-meter reduction in thier kit.

Suggestion 3: Remove either the debuff-cleanse from the passive, or the turn-meter immunity (Change it to the more-common partial reduction).

Suggestion 4: Either remove Ironbrand, or remove the attack and defense stacking mechanics. Having not one but two seperate enrage timers is terrible design.

Suggestion 5: Vastly increase the amount of Mortal Soul Coins rewarded from the first 10 stages - Ideally to get 1-3 soulstones/day without gem expenditure. Swap over to Immortal Soul Coins for stage 11-15 rewards at the current rate that Mortal Soul Coins are rewarded.

Suggestion 6: Add Soul Coin/Essence/Stone packs to the shop that are constantly available so that players who wish to sink money to speed up their progress can do so.

Overall, this is a vastly overtuned boss with a vastly undertuned reward system. At least the power boost from Blessings are quit powerful

Dude Fortnite is an easy game, and he is free to play. Peace.

Sep 17, 2022, 04:4909/17/22
09/16/22
DevilFish

Dude Fortnite is an easy game, and he is free to play. Peace.

Go drop another 1k in the game whale. I'm giving feedback on a new boss.

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Sep 19, 2022, 17:3409/19/22
04/06/20

Hello

Frogspoison

Thank you for the detailed feedback on the feature and the Iron Twins boss.

On the topic of difficulty. It is an endgame boss, so his powers are tuned for the higher power tier teams, especially on the higher floors. So it is made to be difficult while there are still some adjustments we are working on.

On drop suggestions, we will forward them to the development team.

Sep 22, 2022, 18:2609/22/22
02/23/22

changes for Chaagur skills was not announced,now this Champ is useless with just a 75% booked chance for a sleep debuff

betray on low budget players