All Categories

Update 5.20 Highlights

Update 5.20 Highlights

Hey, Raiders!

We hope you are ready to start your February with a fresh Raid Update! 5.20 will focus entirely on a number of quality of life improvements, but we think you’re going to love them. Those of you who watched the 4th episode of What’s Next In Raid? will immediately recognize these features as well. We’ll be adding new filters to the Tavern and making a few other renovations, adding more options for Team Presets, expanding the Classic Arena with a new Gold V Tier and increasing the number of positions in the Platinum Tier, and working on decreasing the amount of time farming the Doom Tower takes. We’ll also buff a couple of Champions for the sake of balance.

Oh, and speaking of Champions. We’ll add a bunch of new ones as well, including a very special lovebird couple for Valentine’s Day and a few Champions with the brand new Increase RESIST/Decrease RESIST Skills!

Read on if you want to find out more. 

Tavern Improvements

We know the Tavern can get quite crowded after you’ve spent a few months adventuring in Teleria and summoning Champions to aid your cause. The cellar where XP Brews are kept can get very messy as well. But we’re on the case! As promised, we’ll add a handy filter and sort the XP Brews in a more convenient way.

The new “Show Upgradable Only” filter will hide all Champions who are ineligible for a specific upgrade. For example:

The Upgrade Level tab will only show Champions who have not yet reached max Level for their Rank

Upgrade Rank will do the opposite and only show Champions of max Level for their Rank

Upgrade Skills will hide Champions who have entirely upgraded their Skills

Ascend will not display Champions whose Ascension equals their Rank

Just don’t forget to flick the filter off after you’ve chosen the Champion you want if you are looking to upgrade their Rank using other Champions. Also, you’ll be able to switch between Ascending and Descending order of Champions to ease navigation. 

All XP Brews will be grouped into a single slot according to their Affinity, so you won’t have to scroll through dozens of them to get the kind you want. When they are selected to upgrade a Champion’s Level, you’ll see a neat little slider to regulate the number of Brews you wish to consume. Cranking it up to “MAX” will add as many XP Brews as are needed to increase the lucky Champion’s level to whatever limit their current Rank allows.

Team Setup

Here’s another change we’ve mentioned a few times already. Update 5.20 will expand the existing PvE Saved Teams into 3 distinct categories: General (Campaign, Dungeons, Demon Lord), Faction Wars, and Doom Tower. Hydra Battles and PvP will retain their own Saved Teams, of course. 

To make things even better, each of those 5 categories will have 15 Saved Team slots (up from 10)! And we’ll also make a tiny change to the selection mechanics. Now, whenever you remove a Champion from a Slot in a Saved Team, the Slot will remain empty without the rest of the team shifting - we know it can be quite annoying to re-select the entire team if you only wanted to give it a new Leader.

Classic Arena Upgrade

The Platinum Tier is going to see a significant expansion in Update 5.20. Where it could only allow 300 players before, now it will grow to 500. We’ve also increased the number of Magisteel ingots in Platinum Tier Battle rewards to 7-8.

Furthermore, we’re adding a whole new Tier - Gold V - that will occupy the position between 3500 and 3800 Arena Points. Those who managed to earn more than 3500 in the Gold IV Tier will be promoted to Gold V, while those in the Platinum Tier below 3800 Points will be demoted to Gold V instead. The changes will take effect immediately with the Update, so don’t forget to restart your game to see your new position in the Classic Arena Tiers correctly.

Super Raids in Doom Tower

We know that the volume of content in Raid has grown a great deal with all the new game modes and Bosses that we’ve released. We also know that you guys can’t spend your entire day saving Teleria, so we’re taking steps to decrease the amount of time you need to farm the content you’ve already beaten. To that end, we are going to run a few tests and make Super Raids available for the Doom Tower.

There won't be many changes as far as the mode itself is concerned. Super Raids will be available for the duration of one Doom Tower rotation and will only affect Boss floors after they’ve been beaten the first time in that rotation. As with Super Raids in the Dungeons, they will consume double the resources required, but also provide double the rewards!

Note that this feature may not be available for each and every rotation!

Champion Balance Changes

Thea the Tomb Angel

• Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 85 to 95.
  • Aura Skill added: Increases Ally ATK in all Battles by 30%.

[Skill 2 – Hexreaper]

• Effect changed: Now doesn’t remove [Hex] debuffs from enemies after attacking.
  • Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5 turns.

[Skill 3 – Not Of This World]

• Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5 turns.

Bystophus

• Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 94 to 100.

[Skill 3 – Crumble] (Un-Ascended)

• Skill changed. New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 2 turns. (Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 50% chance of placing a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 2 turns.)

[Skill 3 – Crumble] (Ascended)

• Skill changed. New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 75% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns. (Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 50% chance of placing a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 50% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns.)

New Champions

New Effects

Increase RESIST 25/50% - Increases the Champion’s Resistance (RESIST) Stat by 25% or 50% respectively for X turns.

Decrease RESIST 25/50% - Decreases the target Champion’s Resistance (RESIST) Stat by 25% or 50% respectively for X turns.

i

i

i

i

i

i

Fusion Champions

i

i

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Feb 8, 2022, 15:3402/08/22
Feb 8, 2022, 16:0202/08/22
03/19/20

When  will  it  be  released

Feb 8, 2022, 17:5702/08/22
01/27/21

Overall some nice looking changes.  I do appreciate that you are continuing to rebalance champs each patch.  The QoL changes are very needed.  The new champs look interesting.

A couple of things though:

• The arena tier addition is not close to enough.  You need to triple the tiers and add them all above gold.  The rewards per battle (for great hall and tournaments) should remain the same.  It is absurd in a pve game that you gate pve progress behind a poorly managed PvP and don't recognize that 2/3 of the playerbase has advanced enough that they should actually be allowed to farm to upgrade their accounts.  Imagine if you only let 1/3 or 1/9th of the player base actually do level 20 potion keeps.  It doesn't matter how much work every single person does they are gated by other players.  That's a poor system.  Also, make the matchmaking solely based on arena record.  Account power is a really bad determination.  I have an account which somehow pulled a Nekhret.  It is in gold 1 and drops down to silver 4 after the reset (main account is gold 4).  I did a referral account that I'm just taking to 50 which is sitting in silver 4.  Is that referral account a similar account?  Heck no.  I have 25+ characters on the account with Nekhret who could solo the other account just using their a1.  The system is bad.
  • From the shard pull page you should be able to feed champs into other champs as you pull them instead of toggling back and forth.
  • Allow an "upgrade all commons" or "upgrade all commons and uncommons" which would upgrade all commons or uncommons to be upgraded  from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 using other champs of the same rarity.
  • Rebalancing champs is great!  Add a few more per patch.
Feb 8, 2022, 18:1902/08/22
05/22/19

Release date would be a nice addition.

Tag Team Arena also needs new tiers...right now it's a total pain to stay in silver...and I can stay in Gold IV pretty much 100% and even get into Plat if I want....but can barely stay in Silver Tag...

Feb 8, 2022, 18:2402/08/22
04/23/20

Nice job Plarium! 

Almost 2 years in the game, on the verge of getting fatigued from another fusion you throw this.

Of course, it's my choice, a fault could somebody say, that I go for each and every one of them but I enjoy the process. Guilty as charged! I just wish there were a bit bigger distance between them but that is minor and heavily subjective. Others might have different points of view and that's totally fine.

What matters is that there are some pretty good changes that you are bringing with the QoL stuff and some very cool champs. 

Thanks and keep up the good work. In terms of customer retention, you got me this time :)

PS. Just don't forget about the rest of the things that you could improve and make our gaming experience better; e.g. time spent in the game :)

Feb 8, 2022, 18:3902/08/22
06/03/20

The legendary pool keeps getting diluted yet no changes to summoning rates or mercy system. 

Under Fylja's description of her A3: "Attacks all enemies. Fills this Champion's Turn Meter by 15% and heals them by 15%....." Who is "them?" Them as in the enemies or Them as a pronoun being used to describe the champion? 

There has to be one individual at Plarium capable of revising ghetto English and correcting the grammar in the descriptions before release. 

Feb 8, 2022, 19:2002/08/22
12/24/20

I like the new Patch. But what I'm really missing is that the sign an the champs who are assigned to be factionguardians to be visible everywhere.

I've leveled champs to feed as chicken multiple times, just torealise in the tavern, that they have a purpose.

is it possible to add a tavern button on the campaign battlepage. It is realy annoiing to go either the way of the bastion or the Championpool to the tavern just to upgrade the champs.

i

i

Feb 8, 2022, 22:0902/08/22
Feb 8, 2022, 22:23(edited)
05/20/20
SebastiancanesLLC

The legendary pool keeps getting diluted yet no changes to summoning rates or mercy system. 

Under Fylja's description of her A3: "Attacks all enemies. Fills this Champion's Turn Meter by 15% and heals them by 15%....." Who is "them?" Them as in the enemies or Them as a pronoun being used to describe the champion? 

There has to be one individual at Plarium capable of revising ghetto English and correcting the grammar in the descriptions before release. 

As an ELA teacher, I would like to inform you that the sentence is correct. Your understanding may be lacking but it's clear to everyone that doesn't use "ghetto English" that the "them" refers to the subject of the sentence (this Champion). As there are no other subjects in the sentence, "them" is appropriately and clearly used. If you need any further clarification I am happy to try and help you to understand :) 

Feb 8, 2022, 22:2102/08/22
Feb 12, 2022, 00:31(edited)
05/20/20

Good update, but feels a bit like crumbs. What about the faction guardians taking up space? Legendary pool growing so large that 10x is laughable? Legendary Champions that are still completely useless? Silver costs for gear? What's this about adding super raids to DT, but not all the time? Will you stop with that already? You ruined that feature with dungeons (though people lost sight of what we actually wanted and think it's a fix). It's sort of half measures in the really important stuff and it's old. 

Oh, and a block button for chat. It's long past the time you should have made that a thing. We shouldn't have to deal with spamming racism until the poor mods are forced to intervene. 

Feb 9, 2022, 03:4502/09/22
02/15/21

The filter system is still painfully inadequate. 

If you allow people to tag champs, then you should be able to sort on said tag. You should also be able to sort on stars, 6/5/4/3/2 and so on.

Speaking of tags, there should be a dedicated "food" tag, and a "fusion" tag, would make life so much easier.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 9, 2022, 04:4502/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 04:48(edited)
02/24/19

Tavern improvements look great. I see some of you asking for more, and I think they are looking at more based on the videos they put out.

Good to see some champ rebalancing as a normal thing during each patch. Nice to see Thea getting a buff for sure, as I don't see her get much play at all, and that's a shame for a champ you have to earn through Hard Doom Tower.

Feb 9, 2022, 06:0402/09/22
03/19/21
RipTastic

The filter system is still painfully inadequate. 

If you allow people to tag champs, then you should be able to sort on said tag. You should also be able to sort on stars, 6/5/4/3/2 and so on.

Speaking of tags, there should be a dedicated "food" tag, and a "fusion" tag, would make life so much easier.

100% agree.  Also, if you have champ tags, need to solve the fact they drop off, just like the annoying index that keep coming back with red dots.  There is clearly a sync issue in the game. Tags are useless if you can't trust them to stay.  Multiple times I have tagged food on the champ screen and immediately gone into campaign to battle and seen half the tags have dropped off.

Feb 9, 2022, 06:2502/09/22
03/19/21

An excellent update!  QOL changes in the tavern are very welcome.  Such a frustrating place in the game and will be a lot easier to use, thank you.  More team sets are also appreciated.  There are so many places in the game that PVE presets are used, so expanding those really helps when we often need to fix poor AI.  Thank you for the additional arena tier and expansion of plat.  I hope that helps the backlog in gold that impacts arena missions.  Super raids in DT are appreciated as at least that cuts time in half.  Would love to see much greater time reductions throughout the game though.  Thea buff is excellent.  I've commented before that buffs need to have champ be useful and worth book investment.  I think this one should work for Thea.  You removed the fact she strips the hex which made pairing her with Ruel far less effective.  Now they can work better together and changing cooldown also makes her more viable. So much better than Pyxniel and Teela that were buffed but ended up both not have a place in the game and not worth investing in even if you could try to find a spot (Pyxniel).  Please continue to do these in the new monthly cadence and effective when a champ is buffed.  Ash pulled Teela this weekend and he says "Worst legendry in the game?"  I don't think so, but how can that even be a question after a buff?

Speaking of using team settings to correct AI, please don't forget to fix AI like used to be done more often.  Team settings, even by round, won't solve bad AI, in all cases. For example, Coldheart got AI fix not to slam heartseeker against the shield, but Geomancer, Rhazin, etc., continue to happily do the same and Rhazin has a cooldown so long that makes it useless.  If you can't take the shield down and keep it down, there is nothing you can do with team settings.  You can tell them to open with the A1, but once that shield goes back up, Geo and Rhazin become idiots again.  You want to garner some goodwill with the player base? Make Geo use his A3 on the main spider instead of lings (infuriating, yes can click spider but there goes multibattles) and not throw it against the shield in fire knight.  

Feb 9, 2022, 09:1402/09/22
05/10/17

Whilst the announced QOL features tend to direct in the right way, it rather seems to me merely to be a 'quick win' or 'low hanging fruit' regarding the effort put into implementation, however, thanks for the fish, yet I really would love to see something more substantial being realised.

Many areas in the game have tedious and redundant steps (read: "too much tapping/clicking") required to perform a certain kind of action.

I'd like to criticise some of them here and utter my suggestions on these.

1) Bulk-summon champions:

When I open green shards, most of the time I go for 30 to 70 at once, which is lot's of clicking in the end.

Since I do have a defined:

• maximum of space in the tavern
  • amount of silver
  • amount of shards

Summoning-amounts would be calculable, hence I'd like to have a slider to summon X champions, the result could be displayed in a similar manner as the sum-up of a set of finished "Multi-Battle"

2) Enhancing items by applying glyphs:

Let's assume we do have an item with multiple substats (e.g. 4)

Currently, I do have to single select a single glyph per substat and apply it to the item or attempt an         upgrade of the current glyph-bonus.

For each attempt I do have to select glyph and click, for the 3 other substats too.

Least I would want to have is a "max stat with this glyph"-option,

e.g. apply a Speed Rank 5 Glyph to the speed substat until either:

• maximum roll was achieved
  • no more glyphs for selected rank available
  • lack of silver to perform upgrade attempt

And if I'd be the insatiable feature urchin I am, I'd like to have it like this:

Similar UI as in the champion-fusoning menu.

topmost line (centered): my item and its mainstat

split into 4 coloumns beneath:

substat #1, substat #2, substat #3, substat #4

left bar: my glyphs I may select to assign per substat

lowermost line (centered) :

a) One Button with "perform upgrade"

b) One Button with "perform until maxed"

Whilst a) is just a check for "does the current amount of silver suffice to perform the upgrade attempt",

I am aware b) would be bit more complex, however:

Let's cut it down to let it run from left to right through the individual glyph application attempts and stop for all if the silver is depleted.

Aside of that 2 possibilities:

- Columns for substats which ran out of glyphs/ are maximised should just become inactive whilst the rest keeps running.

- soon as one column is running out of glyphs/becomes maximised, stop the entire stack (probably easier to implement, yet not optimised usability imho, still a big improvement here)

3) Upgrading ranks of champions:

Upgrading Champions from Rank X to Rank X+1 is a pain regarding the amount of clicks and time I have to invest.

I'd love to have something similar like in the Champion fusion.

Similar UI as in the champion-fusoning menu.

topmost line (centered):  4 Cells for champions to get rank-upgraded, connected to each cell is a box consisting of 4 (better: 5) cells to assign chicken/champions for the upgrade.

left bar: My champions + Filters as in the announced tavern update.

This way I could reduce amount of clicking required, create tons of happy faces from your players and still keep the implementation effort for the feature on a decent level so stakeholders and product owners probably would give it a go ;)

Feb 9, 2022, 14:2602/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 16:11(edited)
11/09/19

Thea base is 90 and has always been as such, does it mean they will increase her base to 100? 

Edited by mod team

Feb 9, 2022, 16:1202/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 16:54(edited)
01/04/20
Faust

Thea base is 90 and has always been as such, does it mean they will increase her base to 100? 

Edited by mod team

90 is her fully ascended base stat currently. If you look in the portal at her unascended speed it's 85. So with the update her unascended speed will be 95 and fully ascended it will become 100 speed. 

i

Feb 9, 2022, 17:4602/09/22

Pls forget super raid give a 4x time booster at mission fw dt etc. places. RSL not a workplace for 8-12 hours long job. 

Feb 9, 2022, 18:0902/09/22
05/15/19

"you’ll be able to switch between Ascending and Descending order of Champions to ease navigation."

And it only took three years to add something so small and yet so necessary. Maybe in the next three years, the game will finally be finished and it will leave this alpha/beta state.

Super Raid in DT, really? Can't the Plarium do anything better than another useless function? Is it really such a problem to add the ability to simulate a battle or skip it once it has been won? The competition was able to do so years before the RSL was released.

And yes, let's add more useless heroes. Why fix most existing ones when you can limit how players could get them. If you at least added them to the factions with fewer heroes but no, more heroes for SO, who already have almost twice as many heroes as the other factions. I wonder if we will ever see the missing factions or the game will remain unfinished forever. So far, it looks like the second option.

Feb 10, 2022, 03:5002/10/22
06/21/15
zeroblackwolf

As an ELA teacher, I would like to inform you that the sentence is correct. Your understanding may be lacking but it's clear to everyone that doesn't use "ghetto English" that the "them" refers to the subject of the sentence (this Champion). As there are no other subjects in the sentence, "them" is appropriately and clearly used. If you need any further clarification I am happy to try and help you to understand :) 

Actually, if the "them" is referring to just this champion then it should be "her". Them is plural.

Feb 10, 2022, 03:5602/10/22
01/04/20
Seona

Actually, if the "them" is referring to just this champion then it should be "her". Them is plural.

Them, they, their can be used as singular also.