All Categories

Stupid installation process and endless download

Search
Nov 17, 2019, 22:1411/17/19
10/14/19

Hi,

Using WIN 10 and Microsoft decided to force some updates again. And they seem to have cleared parts of the "%appdata%\Local", where Plarium Play and Raid are installed. Reinstalling it as I write this.

Why can't we chose an installation directory for Plarium Play and the related games?

Is it really that hard to provide a "normal" Windows installer that let's us chose where to install? If not for Raid itself, then for the whole bundle. Can't be that hard!

And why is the Launcher and Game itself installed in a few minutes, but upon first start it takes forever (about 30 minutes now, ffs) lauch the game? It states it is starting the services, but in fact it is downloading data in the background.

May I suggest to download the data during the installation process and label it as what it is? The current behaviour of you Launcher and installation procedure really needs some professional improvement.

I am going to test if I can move the whole directory after first run. Do not want to lose it a again. And might be better on my Games HDD instead of the system HDD anyway.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 18, 2019, 11:5511/18/19
02/15/19

Hi

Thank you for your feedback i had passed to our devs.