All Categories

Cannot install Plarium play

Search
Aug 3, 2023, 06:4208/03/23
07/03/17

Hello team, 

I'm trying to install the Plarium Play platform on my new laptop. I try to launch the installer and I'm getting these messages:

i

I click Launch and get this error:

i

Things I have tried and not worked:

Deleted the installer and tried re-installing it - same issue.

Ran as admin - same issue.

Only temp folders get created - which I have tried to deleted and re-install - same issue.

Any suggestions? - I do have the app installed on my PC which has the same Windows account as this new laptop, not sure if that may be causing an issue and how to bypass it if Plarium somehow recognizes this.

These are all the files that show on my PC under plarium when I try to install the Plarium App:

i

Let me know if anyone has a fix for this issue or what else I can try. 

Thanks.

P.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 8, 2023, 04:4908/08/23
02/24/19

I can check on this issue, but I haven't encountered it before. Not sure I can give you a solution, unfortunately but I'll ask around.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 8, 2023, 04:5208/08/23
02/24/19

I know this isn't a permanent solution, but can you try Bluestacks to run Raid for now? I use it on my laptop for example.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 8, 2023, 05:0608/08/23
Aug 8, 2023, 05:07(edited)
02/24/19

Okay, last response for a bit. here's what I was pointed to for you:

PLARIUM PLAY BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING

Basic things to try:

1. Turn off PP from tray
2. delete the folder StandAloneApps from C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\PlariumPlay\StandAloneApps
3. delete the file gamestorage.gsfn from C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\PlariumPlay
4. launch PP again and reinstall the game

More steps to try:

If you're having issues with game not running correctly (crashes/freezes/unable to launch the application) when using the PC version, try some of the following troubleshooting:
- Go to Settings > System preferences > and select Reset Cache
- Uninstall the Plarium Play application, manually delete the remaining folders if they exist, then restart the PC and re-install
Folders to delete:
  C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Plarium
  and
  C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Plarium
- Look into your Running Processes in the Task Manager and see if there are any duplicate processes of Plarium Play running. If they are, kill all of them and try to re-launch the application
- Make sure you have the following version of Visual C++ installed: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date by checking at the official website of your graphics card manufacturer
- Switch from Unlimited FPS to 30/60FPS

If you're still having an issue:

Please grab the log files you can find here BEFORE RESTARTING as this will nullify the log:
PlariumPlay\StandAloneApps\raid\log.txt
and submit a support ticket with those logs. 

Also it was suggested you make sure there's no virus protection software on the new PC that is blocking the install somewhere in the background.