All Categories

Random Chat Ban

Random Chat Ban

Search
Sep 18, 2022, 02:5909/18/22
12/06/20

Random Chat Ban

So I was talking with friends in chat about possible new factions. Nothing was said inappropriate. Everyone in chat was so confused as to why I was banned. I've never been banned before and I have been playing raid for almost 2 years.

I will be honest, this isn't ok. Reading through this forum, I see that this is a very common problem. Why would you harrass your customer base with a bot that bans paying customers by accident?

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 18, 2022, 16:4509/18/22
12/30/20

Yep, this can be quite annoying from time to time. How long is your ban for? 

If it's not up, please PM me your UM ID, in game nickname and the channel you were banned in and I'll see if I can look into it for you.

Sep 18, 2022, 17:5209/18/22
12/06/20

You will look into it and see what you can do? Why am I treated like a criminal? Why do you have a system in place that bans people before confirming if there was a violation at all?

I see real spam every single day and never see anyone banned for soliciting websites to buy gems or buy accounts. You are going to let people spam with unwanted trash like that but ban paying customers who are just socializing with friends? Your system is completely broken.

I was banned for a week... seriously a week... for "spam" first offense by a bot... literally for talking about factions within the game. No rules were broken. Noone was offended...

Fix your system. Suspend your bot program and go back to the drawing board because you are doing more harm than good to your gaming community.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 18, 2022, 18:1909/18/22
12/30/20

I would pass it along to support to try to expedite your chat ban, but what you want to do is solely up to you. 

Assuming it an accidental spam ban, it was just that: an accident. I understand it can be frustrating, but I'm not going to get into an argument with you over it. 

Have a nice day and take care.

Sep 18, 2022, 18:5409/18/22
12/06/20

You miss the point. The fact that your system accidentally bans people is THE problem. 

Bans are an extreme measure and should not be issued without being verified. 

You represent your organization and reflect their values. Your response says that you know your system is flawed and you do not care. "this was an accident and it can be frustrating"

I will not continue to pay for subscriptions or participate in a platform that does not address it's flaws our value it's customer base. You have a nice day as well.

Sep 18, 2022, 18:5709/18/22
12/06/20

Bottom line: fix your system. It is broken.

If you cannot assure me that this problem will not keep occuring and is being addressed, I will not continue to support your organization.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 19, 2022, 08:4709/19/22
02/24/19

Sorry you had trouble with the Spam Bot. It can be overzealous at times in my experience as a player.

And while all we do is moderate here on behalf of our Community Managers, I'll pass along your feedback to Plarium. 

In the future, we CAN help with any accidental spam bans and would be happy to do so. Just DM me or any other moderator and we'll go about setting you straight.

Sep 19, 2022, 13:4009/19/22
12/06/20

If you were paying for a phone service that accidentally banned your service, how many times would you be banned before you change providers? What about a media streaming service or a bank card? How many "I'm sorry your service was banned. This was an accident. We will have your service restored tommorow." before you looked into the free market for an alternative?

I will answer for you. You would change service providers promptly. 

I understand that this is a game, but this is a game that I am investing my time and money into and being "banned by accident" has removed the fun from the game. Your responses lead me to believe that this can and will continue to happen to me and others. 

I will be deleting your game from my laptop, phone, and Ipad. Be sure and email when your company has addressed this flawed system of punishing it's paying customers without just cause. The game itself is fantastic and I have enjoy playing up to this point. I will gladly return when your flawed system has been fixed.

Thank you

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 19, 2022, 21:1809/19/22
02/24/19

I understand you are frustrated, but it's neither "my game" nor "my company" unfortunately. I am someone who helps out on the forums to try and expedite resolutions for players who have issues like yours or want advice on builds and such. Players like me. As such I will not be emailing or contacting you when the chat system is changed (and as far as I know from chatting with the company, there is no intent to change it during the next calendar year).

My fellow moderator offered to get your chat banned fixed, inherent on getting your UM# as requested, and I would have gladly helped as well. But it's alright if you'd rather be incensed and need a place to vent rather than getting resolution for your issue. Sometimes we all need some space to vent.

I appreciate you answering for me, but to do that you are assuming that I consider the optional in game chat on a free to play game an integral service I am paying for. I'm sorry, but I do not. I neither use it, nor consider it part of my purchase if I buy a Forge Pass or Warrior's Circle pack. And why don't I? Because I get it for free whether I bought something or not....and because my purchase of those packs go to the items inside of them. And personally, I chose not to use the chat at all and don't consider my game ruined by ignoring it.

Sorry you feel like leaving over this. I hope that if you come back you don't have any more issues. And that if you do have issues, you would allow us to help you as part of this process.

Sep 20, 2022, 00:4909/20/22
12/06/20

"If I would rather be incensed and vent" I am not enraged in the slightest. My thoughts are coherent and organized. I am bringing rational thought and logic to the conversation.

As far as "We are only players helping out", this is my avenue of recourse. If there is a better channel to go through that will produce results, point me in the right direction. I am here because this is where the game prompted me to go with the issue. 

You say that the chat feature is not a vital part of the game, we can agree to disagree. This is a social game with clans and pvp. Can the game be played wihout being social, sure. You can play WoW or other online games without being social but you would not get the full experience. 

Having the ban lifted is a bandaid to the problem. It only addresses the symptom of the issue, not the root cause of the issue. It's like pumping air into a flat tire but not plugging the leak. You will be sitting on the side of the road again waiting on air. By looking at this forum it's obvious that people keep returning for air time after time. Someone needs to plug the leak. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 20, 2022, 03:0009/20/22
02/24/19

Ma'am, I have attempted to ensure you didn't have to sit out your spam ban. My fellow moderator offered to try and fix your ban as well. Once again, I would need your UM# from in game to help in that manner, and to expedite the process, the chat channel you were banned in.

As far as changing the system, I did state that I would pass your feedback along to Plarium. Is passing along your complaint to the people making the game addressing the issue in a way you are unhappy about? Offering to both investigate and correct your ban, then additionally deliver your feedback, it would seem to be in line with correcting your issue. What else can we do to give you additional solutions to your problem? 

I can also say that we speak to Plarium quite frequently about changes to the in-game chat based on player feedback. But like I said already, I know of no major changes to the in-game chat happening in the next year.

Sep 20, 2022, 12:4909/20/22
12/06/20

Thank you for your assistance. I am not interested in a bandaid that only addresses the symptom and not the root issue. Plarium knows that an issue exists but obviously has no plans on fixing it. I'll check back in these forums in the future to see if changes have been made. 

To be completely honest, the threat of a random ban for no apparent reason is a deal breaker for me. The game is meant to be a fun outlet where I can socialize with friends. The constant threat of myself and my friends being banned and having to come to the forums and beg to be released removes the fun factor.

Have a great rest of your day.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 22, 2022, 02:0909/22/22
02/24/19

For other perusers of this forum/thread, if you are banned in the in game chat, feel free to send me or any other moderator you see active in the Game Discussion a message and we'll get to fixing it for you. Usually we can have your ban removed in a day or less, depending on the day of the week. :)

Thread closed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.