All Categories

Banned by Spam bot

Banned by Spam bot

Search
Jul 10, 2023, 14:5407/10/23
03/24/23

Banned by Spam bot

Bot banned me for a week...

4 emails to support...3, days in ban allready...total silence....

Expiriencing ignore from support for the first time

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 10, 2023, 15:1107/10/23
12/18/19

customer support usually licks ducks in every game, but in your case it might be because the 3 days covered weekend

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 10, 2023, 18:5107/10/23
Jul 10, 2023, 18:51(edited)
12/30/20

If you experience in game chats for spam you can either DM me here on the forum with your UM ID, in game name and channel (including language) your ban happened in (which I then send off to support) or the official Discord server also has a channel to request chat unbans. 

But yeah, weekends can slow down support.

Jul 11, 2023, 11:1207/11/23
03/24/23
dthorne04

If you experience in game chats for spam you can either DM me here on the forum with your UM ID, in game name and channel (including language) your ban happened in (which I then send off to support) or the official Discord server also has a channel to request chat unbans. 

i

um84175761 | 81709649

Jul 12, 2023, 15:4007/12/23
03/24/23

Still nothing....

Aug 23, 2023, 07:5108/23/23
02/02/23
dthorne04

As a group, you devs do a marvelous job, and this terrible spam-bot must be a burden for all of you, but ....

I've played for a few years, the bot's always been terrible, what's the chance that Plarium will actually address the problem instead of needlessly burdening the players and the support team?  I've patiently tolerated the issue like everyone else, but it seems it would benefit everyone to code a new bot.

Oh, currently spam-banned for the 2nd time in six hours, lol.

Aug 23, 2023, 13:3208/23/23
02/02/23

Now 3 in 9 hours, getting comical.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 23, 2023, 16:3908/23/23
Aug 23, 2023, 17:12(edited)
12/30/20
mackdaddie

As a group, you devs do a marvelous job, and this terrible spam-bot must be a burden for all of you, but ....

I've played for a few years, the bot's always been terrible, what's the chance that Plarium will actually address the problem instead of needlessly burdening the players and the support team?  I've patiently tolerated the issue like everyone else, but it seems it would benefit everyone to code a new bot.

Oh, currently spam-banned for the 2nd time in six hours, lol.

Sorry about the issues you're running into. 

So, I can tell you right now they're working through improving the in-game chat filtering system, and devs/support are aware of how aggressive the chat bot is being at the moment. 

How long these spam bans you're getting hit with lasting? Have you been making support tickets?

Aug 23, 2023, 18:4408/23/23
02/02/23
dthorne04

Sorry about the issues you're running into. 

So, I can tell you right now they're working through improving the in-game chat filtering system, and devs/support are aware of how aggressive the chat bot is being at the moment. 

How long these spam bans you're getting hit with lasting? Have you been making support tickets?

First off, thanks for the response.  Response time from support is solid, 1-2 hours, maybe 3, I think that's admirable.  Yes, I make tickets.

Just got hit with my 4th ban in under 14 hours.  I typed one sentence.  I'm a nice, patient guy, but this just went from comical to frustrating.  The ONLY thing preventing an adult language tirade is the fact I know support/devs do a great job and have no control over this.

I'll be offline for a few hours, and am sure I'll be unbanned on return, but I'm getting gun-shy about chatting, and the social aspect of the game matters, I'd quit without it tbh.

If it continues, I'll give a headsup.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 23, 2023, 19:1608/23/23
12/30/20
mackdaddie

First off, thanks for the response.  Response time from support is solid, 1-2 hours, maybe 3, I think that's admirable.  Yes, I make tickets.

Just got hit with my 4th ban in under 14 hours.  I typed one sentence.  I'm a nice, patient guy, but this just went from comical to frustrating.  The ONLY thing preventing an adult language tirade is the fact I know support/devs do a great job and have no control over this.

I'll be offline for a few hours, and am sure I'll be unbanned on return, but I'm getting gun-shy about chatting, and the social aspect of the game matters, I'd quit without it tbh.

If it continues, I'll give a headsup.

No worries. I can understand how annoying this must be. 

I'll pass this along and try to let the right folks know how frustrating it all is. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

Aug 23, 2023, 21:3808/23/23
02/02/23

Thank you.

Still banned ...

Aug 24, 2023, 01:3508/24/23
02/02/23
dthorne04

No worries. I can understand how annoying this must be. 

I'll pass this along and try to let the right folks know how frustrating it all is. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

OK, now I'm ticked.  I logged on for the reset, and was pleased to see I'd been re-instated.  I joined my favorite channel, 3, and typed "is it safe?" which got a laugh.  Then I typed "spambot angry!" and was banned for spam.  

What is going on?

I put a ticket in, listed my nickname, MysticX, and the reason for my ban.  I'm headed to Discord to see if I can get help from the dev team there.  I am doing my best to maintain a reasonable tone here, but I think you can understand I'm struggling to stay cordial.

I know dev/support is not to blsme, and do appreciate your good work.  Please do what you can.  

Peace.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 24, 2023, 07:5008/24/23
12/30/20
mackdaddie

OK, now I'm ticked.  I logged on for the reset, and was pleased to see I'd been re-instated.  I joined my favorite channel, 3, and typed "is it safe?" which got a laugh.  Then I typed "spambot angry!" and was banned for spam.  

What is going on?

I put a ticket in, listed my nickname, MysticX, and the reason for my ban.  I'm headed to Discord to see if I can get help from the dev team there.  I am doing my best to maintain a reasonable tone here, but I think you can understand I'm struggling to stay cordial.

I know dev/support is not to blsme, and do appreciate your good work.  Please do what you can.  

Peace.

So I know right now that support tickets through mail/in game are going faster for sure, relative to going on Discord. I'm assuming any delay you're seeing is related to time zones and such.

But yeah, the bot is real triggerhappy at the moment. :(

Aug 24, 2023, 14:2508/24/23
02/02/23

Hilarious now.  Made an alt to talk to friends and just mess around.

Alt banned lol.