All Categories

Game Packages

Game Packages

Search
Jun 30, 2022, 13:3806/30/22
02/17/22

Game Packages

I would like some feedback or concensus on the promotion of game packages being offered and the manner in which they are promoted or more explicitly the enticement they contain.

Two current examples are the Mini Mix Pack and Skill Expert Pack. In both promos the regular price is stated, with a line drawn through it and a price equivilent to 50% of this price is declared. A banner is then displayed above this pricing stating "+ 100% Extra". My interpretation of this is that this promotional banner is further enticement to buy the package by way of an additional inducment pricing the product equivalent to 25% of the original 'stated' value. 

Not so I am informed, it is a statement of the level of discount (or words to that extent) but if this were the case then the banner should in fact read '= 100% Extra'. The interpretation here is that '+' is a further enticement and '=' is explanatory of the offer.

I believe that this is misleading and certainly not falling within the dirivative of 'kosher' and in most quarters would be described as unethical advertising.

The above is my assessment of the advertising format and I am curious as to the opinions of others in this regard.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jul 4, 2022, 20:1307/04/22
02/24/19

I mean, I know I'm a mod and therefore evil, but the +100% package Mini Mix packs are a tremendous value and one of the few packs I am tempted to spend on. I'm totally F2P myself and those are the packs I think are most worth it. That and the sack of gems deal that comes up like once a quarter.