All Categories

Unable to Change to a Different Amazon Prime Account

Search
Jan 31, 2020, 15:5201/31/20
12/09/19

I am trying to disassociate my Raid account from one Amazon Prime account and connect it to another one. I click “Log Out” on the Amazon page within Raid. It appears to log out. I click the link which now says “Log in with Amazon Prime” and enter my information when prompted. I get an error saying “only one Amazon Prime account can be connected to each Raid account”. So, it appears Raid is not fully logging out of Amazon, or refuses to “forget” the existing Amazon account.

I have uninstalled the Raid app from my phone completely and reinstalled – same result. I do not have the Amazon app on my phone. Can you force my Raid account to “disconnect” from my existing Amazon Prime account so I can log in with a different one?

I have searched this forum for threads on this topic and don’t see anything that covers this exactly. To be clear, this is not Amazon saying “You’ve already connected to a Raid account.” The Amazon account I’m attempting to log into has never been associated with Raid in any way. The problem seems to be on the Raid side – refusing to actually log-out of, or otherwise disassociate from, Amazon.

I submitted a support ticket in the game app, but the reply came back saying technical issues were a “No-reply category”.

User Info:  um30879734 | 30337895

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 31, 2020, 19:3801/31/20
02/15/19

Hi

As i known not possible to change linked accounts. 
Feb 1, 2020, 20:2302/01/20
Feb 1, 2020, 20:24(edited)
01/30/20

Hello I am not able login with my Amazon prime account even though I have prime access error says no prime account found 

Can u help
Feb 2, 2020, 12:1102/02/20
02/15/19

Hi

Did you tried to reinstall amazon app and raid?
Feb 3, 2020, 17:3802/03/20
12/09/19

Is there anyone you can escalate this to? It does not sound like a design feature. It sounds like the log-out function is broken. You can see the error code in the screenshot.

[ClientLogicException “l”:AmazonIntegration_MultipleAmazonAccounts “f”:True]

This is not really the case – I am not connecting “multiple Amazon accounts”.

Do you have the ability to report possible bugs to a software developer? It could be a possible programming issue. Presumably, when someone connects to an Amazon account, it sets a flag in the database that indicates that. If you try connecting a second account, it checks against that flag and will deny if another account is connected.

Presumably when you log out of Amazon, it should reset that flag to whatever it interprets as “Disconnected”. It sounds like it’s not doing that. It could that’s working as intended, but it may be just a simple coding issue. Can you verify this with someone?

Feb 4, 2020, 06:3302/04/20
Feb 4, 2020, 06:34(edited)
02/15/19

VostroDredd said:

Is there anyone you can escalate this to? It does not sound like a design feature. It sounds like the log-out function is broken. You can see the error code in the screenshot.

[ClientLogicException “l”:AmazonIntegration_MultipleAmazonAccounts “f”:True]

This is not really the case – I am not connecting “multiple Amazon accounts”.

Do you have the ability to report possible bugs to a software developer? It could be a possible programming issue. Presumably, when someone connects to an Amazon account, it sets a flag in the database that indicates that. If you try connecting a second account, it checks against that flag and will deny if another account is connected.

Presumably when you log out of Amazon, it should reset that flag to whatever it interprets as “Disconnected”. It sounds like it’s not doing that. It could that’s working as intended, but it may be just a simple coding issue. Can you verify this with someone?

Hi

i will ask from support. 

Feb 4, 2020, 13:0802/04/20
02/15/19

Hi

I got a reply from support not possible to unlink account.
Feb 6, 2020, 09:0802/06/20
Feb 6, 2020, 09:09(edited)
soo I clicked the button in game to log into Amazon with. absolutely no intent to link it to the account I used on my phone previously, but with the intention to use my newer active prime account. it auto logged me in to my old account. must be synced someway as I had NO CHANCE to physically log in to my account. now it will not let me switch amazon accounts? are you saying I'm just S.O.L. here? hope not be a stupid thing to lose players over......
Feb 6, 2020, 14:5302/06/20
12/09/19

Do you have any explanation of the reasoning for this policy? This doesn’t seem like something that can be abused. Someone can’t claim the same reward more than once. As soon as you claim a reward, it disappears from the screen – so no way to try claiming multiple rewards on one Raid account.

As for someone attempting to use the same Amazon account on multiple Raid accounts, this policy doesn’t prevent that at all. That would be a check done on the Amazon side. Or, your system would do a check against the Amazon account at the time someone attempts to connect it, and it would show that it has never been associated with any Raid account. I get the need to prevent abuse, but preventing someone from switching Amazon accounts doesn't prevent any abuse that I can think of.

This seems like an ill-considered policy or some misunderstanding. Like “Ickydabs” above, I suspect similar legit situations have come up several times. I have no doubt that someone may connect their Raid account to a friend’s Amazon account to see if the rewards are worth it. After a while they decide to get their own Amazon account. The spirit of the program is achieved – a new subscriber for Amazon Prime – and more exposure for Raid – maybe their friend will take interest in playing Raid. To intentionally block someone from switching their Raid account from one Amazon account to another doesn’t seem to prevent any abuse and needlessly frustrates potential customers for both Raid and Amazon.

Feb 6, 2020, 19:3302/06/20
02/15/19

VostroDredd said:

Do you have any explanation of the reasoning for this policy? This doesn’t seem like something that can be abused. Someone can’t claim the same reward more than once. As soon as you claim a reward, it disappears from the screen – so no way to try claiming multiple rewards on one Raid account.

As for someone attempting to use the same Amazon account on multiple Raid accounts, this policy doesn’t prevent that at all. That would be a check done on the Amazon side. Or, your system would do a check against the Amazon account at the time someone attempts to connect it, and it would show that it has never been associated with any Raid account. I get the need to prevent abuse, but preventing someone from switching Amazon accounts doesn't prevent any abuse that I can think of.

This seems like an ill-considered policy or some misunderstanding. Like “Ickydabs” above, I suspect similar legit situations have come up several times. I have no doubt that someone may connect their Raid account to a friend’s Amazon account to see if the rewards are worth it. After a while they decide to get their own Amazon account. The spirit of the program is achieved – a new subscriber for Amazon Prime – and more exposure for Raid – maybe their friend will take interest in playing Raid. To intentionally block someone from switching their Raid account from one Amazon account to another doesn’t seem to prevent any abuse and needlessly frustrates potential customers for both Raid and Amazon.

Hi

Pls contact with our support in game with this question.
Feb 8, 2020, 23:2902/08/20
12/09/19

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that twice now. I get a reply saying:  "This is a no-reply category.." and they will only reply if further investigation is required.

Can you please tell me how to submit a ticket that is not a "no-reply" category? I would very much like a reply. Thanks!

Feb 12, 2020, 23:5302/12/20
02/08/20
VOSTRODEDD, I am in the same condition as you.  I think it has something to do with my family member who I sent them a game link tried to use our family Amazon Prime account.  We have since logged out of their tablet, but I now get the same exact error on my Phone.  I have a support ticket with customer support and they have been suggesting login out on the other device and uninstalling and reinstalling.  I have tried all of these and cannot get the flag to be reset on my account when I log in to my phone....It is very upsetting that this bug hasn't been fixed.  I've been loosing Amazon Rewards due to this.  I wonder if I open a new Amazon Prime account if this will remedy the issue or just compound it.
Feb 13, 2020, 00:0102/13/20
02/08/20
Actually I just spoke too soon...my issue seems to have been resolved now by trying another Amazon Prime account login that my family member had with my Raid login.  Seems the error of "One Amazon Prime account to Each Raid Account" may be misleading.  I think due to some auto login browser issues a cross authentication issue occurred where my Raid Account wanted me to login with my family members Amazon Prime account.  This seemed to fix it for now.  I was able to redeem the bonus for this week.
Feb 23, 2020, 17:5702/23/20
02/23/20
login amazon prime app with the same accountsumithjjain said:

Hello I am not able login with my Amazon prime account even though I have prime access error says no prime account found 

Can u help

Feb 23, 2020, 17:5802/23/20
02/23/20

login to your amazon app with the same prime account you wish to use in raid.