All Categories

Hound Spawn Shattering Strike skill does not ignore DEF. Wrong animation popup text in-battle

Hound Spawn Shattering Strike skill does not ignore DEF. Wrong animation popup text in-battle

Search
Sep 28, 2019, 03:0409/28/19
04/22/19

Title: Hound Spawn's Shattering Strike skill. Does not ignore DEF. Attack animation popup text says Ignore Shield and Block Damage instead of Ignore DEF and Block Damage buffs.

Device: BLU G9

WTR:

Step 1: Have both Hell Fang and Hound Spawn with Hell Fang, and possibly another freeze skill champion, equipped to go first with higher speed (to freeze some enemies).

Step 2: Enter a battle with Hell Fang and Hound Spawn on the team, where Hell Fang is not strong enough to kill the enemies with just Chilling Howl skill.

Step 3: Have Hell Fang attack with Chilling Howl, freezing some enemies. Have another champion freeze an enemy if necessary.

Step 4: Have Hound Spawn attack with Shattering Strike skill.

Description:

Hound Spawn is supposed to ignore defense with the Shattering Strike skill and should show text that reflects it. Hound Spawn's Shattering Strike skill description says that it should ignore target defense of frozen enemies. This is not the case during battle. The animation popup text in-battle also does not reflect the skill description, and instead says Ignore Shield and Block Damage rather than Ignore DEF and Block Damage. 

Here is a screenshot of the Skill description:

Here is a screenshot of the popup text during the attack. There are two procs for two frozen enemies, showing up two instances of the text: "Ignore Shield and Block Damage." 

You may also notice that the frozen enemies hit by the Shattering Strike skill get dealt even less damage than the enemies that are not frozen.

First frozen enemy from the left is dealt 8915 damage. Second frozen enemy is dealt 8073 damage. The non-frozen enemies are dealt 9917 damage and 11777 damage, respectively. 

This should not be the case if Shattering Strike ignored target's defense when frozen because it would receive no defense-based damage reduction against frozen targets as opposed to normal targets during the same attack.

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 20, 2019, 22:3912/20/19
08/12/19

I found this post searching for the same answer.

In my case though, I’m not even seeing a pop up text.

The same thing as you describes, that the enemy champion that is frozen gets dealt even less damage.  It’s definitely broken.

I even tried with an enemy champion with block damage, and the same thing happened- Nothing!

Please fix this
Dec 21, 2019, 15:1212/21/19
02/15/19
stgh85 said:

The same thing as you describes, that the enemy champion that is frozen gets dealt even less damage.  It’s definitely broken.

I even tried with an enemy champion with block damage, and the same thing happened- Nothing!

Please fix this
Hi i had forwarded to looking. 
Dec 22, 2019, 10:4212/22/19
02/15/19

Sezzy said:

stgh85 said:

Please fix this
Hi i had forwarded to looking. 

Hi

We had reported to devs. 

Thank you