All Categories

LVL 60...THE GREAT PAIN

LVL 60...THE GREAT PAIN

Search
May 2, 2020, 02:4605/02/20
02/20/20

LVL 60...THE GREAT PAIN

So I've been playing for a few months, I was lucky to take part on the first Battle Pass which, despite being very in the dark about it, gave me great items and rewards. Although I am a F2P player, BP was the only time I actually invested and purchased the gold pass because the rewards were insanely good. I'll jump to the subject at hand: getting champions to level 60.

I understand that the game is about the grinding, but I feel like Plarium needs to address the fact that getting champions to level 60 for F2P players is INSANELY hard, I'm a programmer so I wrote a small python program to calculate champions needed for the next level (if any of you is interested in it I could upload it to a small github repo and y'all can use it). 

In short to get the 5 stars 5 champions that you need to get 1 champion to 6 stars you are gonna need a total of between 300 and 600 1 star champions (and from there level them up in scale). Think about this: F2P players on level 60 (top level to be achieved) get 130 energy runs per day...I have tried level 12-3 with 2 XP boosts (one from the BP and one regular that I won on missions) and it would still take me 20 runs to get 3 champions of 3 stars to level 30 to then upgrade them to level 4. 1 day of energy when you are a top tier player dedicated only to farming will only let you do 16 runs!! (of course the math varies depending on the star level that the champion you start leveling up, and the mystery shards pulls which can give you different levels also)

I understand that they think of the whales first cause they are the ones putting down the big bucks, but there should be easier ways to get chickens (like drop them in dungeons somewhere) or make it easier to level up champions that is not only through sacrificing this much time and energy.

What do you guys think?
Views
Comments
Comments
May 2, 2020, 03:3205/02/20
05/16/19

I'd hate to disagree with you, my guy.

I've been playing for almost a year now (F2p, didn't even buy the BP) and I can't even say from the top of my head how many 60s I got. It's just all about resource management.

Yes, getting your first one to 60 is intense but it gets easier for every one that follows after. 

May 2, 2020, 10:1005/02/20
04/14/20

Bringing characters to level 60 is a long term thing, yes, and you have to make choices on who to prioritize. But although I certainly wouldn't mind getting a few more chickens here and there, I don't think that part of the game is really a problem. 

For your calculation, you are overlooking a lot of things: you get one energy refill from daily quests, one from the time-based daily rewards, and then a couple more from the weekly quests that you can do every 5 days. Plus some irregular extra energy from login rewards, gifts from Plarium or rewards from events/tournaments. And last but not least: as long as your energy level is below the cap, it refills automatically, so depending on when / how often you login during a given day, you could get several hundred energy on top of all that from the automatic refilling. 

Adding all that up, you can do far more runs in a day and so level up faster. Though on the other hand, you also need energy for the minotaur and potion keep runs to get your character fully ascended and masteries unlocked, plus of course dungeon runs for their gear. 

May 2, 2020, 18:2605/02/20
08/26/19
Lxzy said:

I've been playing for almost a year now (F2p, didn't even buy the BP) and I can't even say from the top of my head how many 60s I got. It's just all about resource management.

Yes, getting your first one to 60 is intense but it gets easier for every one that follows after. 

Exactly this. 
May 4, 2020, 14:4805/04/20
07/17/19

I agree with LXZY. It is hard for your first one and is still a pain from there on but part of the game as F2P is being selective and strategic in your choices. 

May 6, 2020, 21:0405/06/20
02/23/20

I somewhat agree with you. The other posters have a fair point, in which you have to manage resources strategically. 

Chickens should be obtainable in some other ways rather than being at the end of most tournaments and events. Maybe like weekly milestone to get 1 5* chicken? The milestone would be like beating dungeon bosses above certain level a specific amount of times, or certain amount of arena battles.

This would allow you to rank up one hero to 6 star once every 5 weeks (which is fair considering that you'd have to do no farming whatsoever).

On a different note, no matter how much we suggest these kind of things Plarium will not care if they don't benefit economically from this.

May 7, 2020, 02:1805/07/20
02/20/20
Lxzy said:

While true, the first one is the worst to get to and it does get easier as we go, I still feel like maybe a bit more options to get energy and/or chickens wouldn't hurt. I'm not saying "Hey give me free 6 stars", I get it...is a grind...I'm fine with that, but I personally feel like they are taking it a bit beyond sometimes.
May 7, 2020, 19:2105/07/20
08/26/19

Most will agree that gringing food isn't the most enjoyable part of the game and we all will welcome any improvements in this area.

But the fact is - the game is build that way on purpose. They want it to be slow and unenjoyable, so the next time you see that "best chicken deal" you will be more open to buy it. 

And it works, obviously. Not for us, but for Plarium it goes work for sure. 

Aug 1, 2020, 21:5908/01/20
05/02/19
Why the limited lvl is set at 60 for champs while the opponent get over lvl 200?
Aug 8, 2020, 08:0008/08/20
01/20/20
hi
Dec 24, 2022, 13:3812/24/22
Dec 24, 2022, 13:39(edited)
10/30/22
Lxzy

I'm happy to disagree with your disagreement.

It's murderously painful to rank up champions to level 60 on free-to-play.

If you get a couple of champions to level 60 it's a task, but then the thought of doing another one feels impossibly painful and fills you with massive dread... Then when you think of doing 2 or 3 more you'd like to see to level 60, all hope drains from your soul and you start to reflect on the reality that you'd probably have to make plans to pass the task down through your family lineage to your great grandkids to get a decent sum of champions to level 60. 

The time we have on this planet is the most valuable thing we have.

It feels me with dread to think on my dying bed, I'll look back and see myself farming in raid legends year on year out >.<.