All Categories

Do you feel battle passes are just the norm now in games?

Search
Mar 30, 2023, 15:1303/30/23
03/30/23

Ever since games like Fortnite started doing battle passes in their games, more and more games have followed in suit and now have a battle pass on their games. Rainbow Six Siege added a battle pass, Warzone added a battle pass and I believe you get battle passes now on the multiplayer sections on Call of Duty games as well, Apex Legends has a battle pass, Overwatch now has a battle pass and there are many other games that have also chosen to bring battle passes to their games. 

Do you feel that with how gaming and games are now, battle passes are just going to become the norm now for games?  

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 30, 2023, 22:4103/30/23
02/24/19

Definitely seems like it. Destiny has a Season Pass and Seasonal Content. Certainly games have transitioned to a seasonal, service oriented model.

May 16, 2023, 09:3705/16/23
05/16/23

Seems like it is. And I think for a free to play game, a battle pass system makes sense. But when it's a $60/$70 game, I don't think we should be paying for a battle pass on top of it. If we do, we should ateast get the first battle pass when purchasing the game at no additional cost and maybe charge us when the next season comes. That imo would be fair to me. 

Jul 20, 2023, 04:0607/20/23
07/20/23
Ericbarker306

Seems like it is. And I think for a free to play game, a battle pass system makes sense. But when it's a $60/$70 game, I don't think we should be paying for a battle pass on top of it. If we do, we should ateast get the first battle pass when purchasing the game at no additional cost and maybe charge us when the next season comes. That imo would be fair to me. 

I agree, if I am paying around $60 - $70 for a game as you stated, I don't also want to be greeted with a battle pass that I have to pay for as well. If I pay that price for a game, I would expect the battle pass to be included because of course, they are already making money just by selling the game and then charging for a battle pass just seems like greed. 

If the game is free, it makes sense to offer a battle pass and charge for a premium battle pass, otherwise, how else would the company make any kind of money?

Aug 1, 2023, 09:2708/01/23
07/17/23

For me, Halo's/COD'S gameplay was fun, but working towards sweet armor/gun sets by completing challenges was awesome. Now even if a game implements in-game sets through challenges they feel way less rewarding, because they'll either be shitty compared to the paid pieces, or (in my case at least) I'll just assume that the other player's armor is paid for.

Aug 11, 2023, 07:1808/11/23
07/20/23

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 20, 2023, 20:2808/20/23
02/24/19
Baronjame86

How do you feel about the Forge Passes in Raid? Think they compare to a traditional battle pass?

Aug 23, 2023, 04:4008/23/23
07/22/23

They sure seem to be the 'norm' and I really don't like it, at all. Especially for a game like Call of Duty. It's just too much. I would like the old days back where you were able to purchase a game, the DLC pack that inevitably came out, and then that was it, there was enough content to keep you playing it for the year. Now it's all these stupid battle passes with worthless items in it you don't want or need. Seems like a total waste IMHO.

Sep 11, 2023, 08:0809/11/23
07/24/23
DanteJo94

They sure seem to be the 'norm' and I really don't like it, at all. Especially for a game like Call of Duty. It's just too much. I would like the old days back where you were able to purchase a game, the DLC pack that inevitably came out, and then that was it, there was enough content to keep you playing it for the year. Now it's all these stupid battle passes with worthless items in it you don't want or need. Seems like a total waste IMHO.

Totally agree - I never really purchased skins in the first place especially if they serve no other purpose other than to modify your character's appearance and nothing else.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 17, 2023, 23:4009/17/23
02/24/19
WangJason97

Totally agree - I never really purchased skins in the first place especially if they serve no other purpose other than to modify your character's appearance and nothing else.

Have you gotten any of the ones you can earn F2P? Personally I have gotten a couple through the tournies.