All Categories

Foli is worth the work - here's why

Search
Jul 14, 2019, 10:0207/14/19
05/13/19

Some people argue that the requested work to fuse Foli is not worth it. I ran some numbers and wanted to share that, so this nonsense stops once an for all.

1. Let us have a look on the maths behind legendary champions in general. If you want to summon a legendary champion out of blue shard you have chance of .5% to do so. Here are some treshholds for that way: 

30   shards = 14% of receiving a legendary champion 

50   shards = 22% of receiving a legendary champion 

100 shards = 39% of receiving a legendary champion 

140 shards = 50% of receiving a legendary Champion 

2. Well, of course you can summon legendary heroes as well from sacred shards, let us have a look at that as well: 

1 shard  =     6% of receiving a legendary champion 

5 shards =  27% of receiving a legendary champion 

10 shards = 46% of receiving a legendary champion 

12 shards = 52% of receiving a legendary Champion 

Okay, so let's put this numbers in relation to a) time and b) diamonds. 

a) Time 

On a daily basis we can assume if a player is active and never misses the daily quests, that he receives a sacred shard every 30 days. So in order to reach at least the 50% threshhold in the sacred-shard category he would have to play a full year. I am not taking into consideration lucky Drops from clanboss-Quests, since far more people are able to clear all foli-quests, whereas only a few kill CB5 on a daily basis to receive those high shards. 

Furthermore, there will be 2 ancient shards every week without dungeon drops, meaning you would need 17 1/2 months for the 50% threshold on sacred shards. Of course, every month you can receive up to 4 ancient shards from the market and here and there you´ll find some in dungeons. Lets put the number on that on 6 as well, which is quite conservative (1,5 per week), but we wanna stay on the idea of a low-investment, so F2P-Players are able to obtain the amounts of shards as well. This would net us 12 ancient shards a month, meaning 11.6 months to reach the 50% threshhold. Round up, it is a year as well. 

b) Diamonds 

Since it is impossible to buy ancient shards with diamonds we can only compare blue shards here. The most favourable normal package are 9 ancient shards for 900 Diamonds, to reach the 140-shard threshhold you would have to buy 15.5 of those packages. Since we cannot purchase half a package, 16 packages mean 14.400 diamonds for a 50% chance of getting a legendary. 

Now, for the sake of this, just let us combine those things and consider someone who has been playing a year, collecting like crazy and trying to get a legendary with all 3 of those methods. Since you can net around 900 diamonds a month you´ll end up with right about 12k in a year, so that estimation should fit quite well, considering you get some here and there from drops, quests, events etc. We set the default chance now to 50% and ignore the additional 2% from the sacred shards, as this will complicate the maths behind it tremendously, as an estimation this should be fine as well. 

Having therefore 3 ways of attacking a legendary with 50% you would end up with a total chance of finding a legendary Champion of 0,875, respecively 87,5%.  

To summarize everyhing: If you play 1 year and NEVER miss the daily quest, then use ALL of your sacred shards, ALL of your blue shards from quests and then use ALL diamonds you collected during that year, you land on a 87,5% chance of finding a legendary champion. Now, referring to the youtuber Chofly Mobile, who recently released a tier list for legendary hereos, there are 39 legendary hereos considered to be weaker than Foli. In total, there are 61 legendary champions in the game right now, meaning that even if you manage to summon one out of the 87,5%, which is not CERTAIN, you have a chance of 64%, that your summoned champion is WEAKER than Foli.  

Now, please tell me again, that the Fusion is not worth it.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 14, 2019, 12:1807/14/19
02/12/19

So you are justifying fusion of Foli just because he is legendary?  I am not saying Foli is bad champion but just he does not escalate anywhere. He is overall goid champ that is it. 

We shall see how many people will run foli after fusion and what their reactions will be. Personally i do not see hem specialized in any field. There are better options everywhere between epics and even rares.

Also how much resources, time and physical energy he requires to be fusioned i do not think he is worthy.

But we shall see.
Jul 14, 2019, 12:4107/14/19
05/13/19

Dismember said:

So you are justifying fusion of Foli just because he is legendary?  I am not saying Foli is bad champion but just he does not escalate anywhere. He is overall goid champ that is it. 

We shall see how many people will run foli after fusion and what their reactions will be. Personally i do not see hem specialized in any field. There are better options everywhere between epics and even rares.

Also how much resources, time and physical energy he requires to be fusioned i do not think he is worthy.

But we shall see.

Overall, this is exactly what I am doing, yes. I share your opinion on him. For me personally I see him being used in 20 Golem, Clanboss and maybe 20 Dragon due to his affinity advantage as a bosskiller. But surely, there are other options. Then again, no one is forced to participate in the Fusion-Event. If someone does not think he´s worth it, then simply ignore the events.

Still, it is a legendary champion, and they are supposed to be superrare. And I have tried to put the work that is needed to acquire Foli into relation, because people all over the forum and social media are crying, that the events are "way too hard", because it is Maybe needed, to spend some extra gems for energy. If you just compare that to the numbers I showed you will see, that even spending something around 3k Diamonds (the highest number I have seen someone mourning about) is still a very good deal compared to the normal way of acquiring legendaries.

Jul 18, 2019, 00:1507/18/19
03/22/19

Good summary, though you should edit some of your terminology to not confuse some of the players. For instance, they're named gems, not diamonds. And Ancient shards are the blue ones, Sacred shards are the orange ones.

As far as Foli himself goes, he definitely has a solid place in different areas of the game. He has replaced my Vrask in my Nightmare CB line up, which bumped me from 14m average to 17m average. I haven't used him much for Dungeons yet, but his A3 looks like it would be quite handy for Ice Golem, and his A1 and A2 are perfect for Fire Knight.

The investment made for him is worth it, because you know exactly what you're getting, which is hard to say about virtually everything else. I've had roughly 15 Sacred shards in total since I started playing, and the only Legendary I've received from them is Tomb Lord (Don't need to explain why that was disappointing). So to have a guaranteed Legendary for effectively for free (because virtually everything you sacrifice for it is a reward for normal in game activity) is pretty good. Yeah, the rank up grind was pretty intense, but I've got 3 more 60's out of it which I was always planning to do. The summon event was a bit unfair for the unprepared and it was unfair that this was virtually the last check for the fusion (It should have been first to put off anyone who didn't want to commit the resources for the rest of the journey) but I had a couple of sacreds and some voids stashed away from free monthly's and CB drops (didn't get anything better than food from those shards either, further pointing out the inherent value of a guaranteed fusion). While I don't agree with Plarium's approach to this, it certainly wasn't impossible.

All in all, while the event was quite difficult and resource intense, it was well worth the reward. Most of the people complaining I've noticed are also people that aren't even clearing the first 15 levels of the dungeons or even clearing Brutal CB. So for them to be in reach of a Legendary fusion would probably screw the balance of the game and everyone would be complaining that everyone has a Foli.

OpheliaA1Moderator
Jul 24, 2019, 23:1507/24/19
03/11/19

u know the funny part?

i pulled foli a few days before he was announced 

worse day of my life, ngl, feelsbedmen