All Categories

Ice golems veint

Ice golems veint

Search
Mar 26, 2019, 15:2803/26/19
03/26/19

Ice golems veint

Hi fellows,

what's your strategy to beat the ice golem? Do yout kill the 2 minions every time after revive, or you just ignore them?

PS: I mean ice golem's peak  xD
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 26, 2019, 20:0003/26/19
03/22/19

Hello there!

I run an AoE comp, with some lifesteal and a shielder, who can shield the heroes when needed. I feel that DPS is wasted on attacking the mobs individually, if they are just going to get resurrected anyways. Powerful AoE helps preventing the mobs from casting debuffs and makes the fight quicker and cooler. I have only played 6 days though, so a veteran player might disagree with me.

Good luck and have fun!

The_legend_27

Mar 29, 2019, 09:0303/29/19
02/09/19

Heya Blub!

Personally in the earlier levels you can just pass the level by hitting Klyssus. Later though, you need to start focusing on the minions. Here's a post from the raid subreddit about the Ice Golem's Peak by Xentago.

Ice Golem's Peak

Klyssus the Ice Golem drops the following sets: Life, Offense, Defense, Critical Rate, Resistance, Retaliation, Reflex, Cursed, and Taunting.

Klyssus himself has two actives and a passive.

His primary attack is Frost Nova which is simply an AoE damage attack.

His secondary attack is Numbing Chill which has a 4-turn cooldown and places a 50% decrease accuracy debuff on your party.

His passive is Frigid Vengeance. At certain points on his HP (75%, 50%, and 25% from stages 1-6, 80%, 60%, 45%, 30% and 15% from stages 7-15), he will trigger an attack called Frigid Vengeance. This attack will revive his minions if they are dead, and, importantly, ignore 50% of your defense for each minion that is alive. This means that if it is triggered and both minions are alive, it will entirely ignore your defense. This attack has a 20% chance of placing a freeze debuff on your characters, which increases by 40% for each minion alive. So if both are alive: 100% chance, though it can be resisted.

He has two minions. The right minion will place decrease defense debuffs on your whole team, the left will attack and deals moderate damage. The right minion should be focused down every time it is revived.

People often underestimate Klyssus; for a long time he is very easy, and people can ignore frigid vengeance and his minions, but towards stage 14 or 15 his difficulty increases dramatically. If a frigid vengeance is triggered when both minions are alive, this hit is devastatingly strong for most teams, and without VERY strong healing, you won't be able to keep up if you just try and burn him down.

Some tips:

Always focus the right minion first. You don't want the defense debuff, and the break you take killing him will let your healers catch up before you hit Ice Golem and trigger more frigid vengeance.

Be careful of team counter-attack buffs. They are amazing in almost every aspect of the game, but they can become a huge liability in Ice Golem. Frigid Vengeance will trigger a full round of counter-attacks. Which decreases his life. Which triggers frigid vengeance. Which triggers counter attacks. You can literally set off a never ending chain which only ends when he dies or you do. Great if you can tank it. Not great if you can't.

Block revive. A rare ability, but great if you have it. Preventing the minions from coming back to life saves you a TON of time and takes the bite out of frigid vengeance! Some people use a Conqueror (farmable on chapter 1) just for this reason.

The original post can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/axzv88/farming_101_what_to_farm_when_to_farm_it_and_how/

Aug 21, 2019, 16:5608/21/19
04/13/19
I have mortu macaab in my team for exactly this reason: block revive. But his special skill is hardly ever triggered in ice golem battles. Not sure why. 
Aug 21, 2019, 21:1208/21/19
Aug 21, 2019, 21:13(edited)
02/22/19
savvashadj said:

I have mortu macaab in my team for exactly this reason: block revive. But his special skill is hardly ever triggered in ice golem battles. Not sure why. 
Well, the chance of it being activated is only 10%. Would be great if this could be increased through tomes, but then other characters sporting passives would need to be adjusted as well...
Sep 10, 2019, 13:0909/10/19
03/27/19
level 17 ice golem 36 mins 
Sep 11, 2019, 16:0009/11/19
03/26/19
You can't ignore the ads.  Have to kill them every time, otherwise Ice Golem just hits like a truck.
Jan 23, 2020, 20:1801/23/20
11/17/19
If you are lucky enough to have pulled Queen Eva, her A2 has a block revive. If you play it correctly you can knock out the minions and keep them out.