All Categories

Lydia Better Be Worth It (FW thread)

Search
Sep 23, 2022, 22:4809/23/22
02/11/21

I've been highjacking other necro-threads to talk about FW, figured I'd start my own. 

I'm 6-starring champs I probably won't use after faction wars lol. The only consolation is that I will farm FW Crypts for Forge materials, but I always run out of charms. Glyphs are worth it, too. 

4 Factions to go:

Barbarians: waiting on Scyl I get in about a month. Other than her, Tuhanarak is maxed, may run lvl50 Soulbond (or several, if I pull them) in Stun sets. 

Ogryn Tribes: I have a lot of projects for that faction, so saving the best for last (well, I hope Scyl becomes the last FW project). I have Maneater, Big Un, Uugo maxed. Urogrim, Shatterbones, Bellower and a few others on standby. 

Undead Hordes: Just built Gorgorab, hope that does the trick. If not, I won't be mad about building Mausoleum Mage. 

Shadowkin: probably my weakest faction. My only healer is Hotatsu, although Kunoichi also provides an important AOE Leach. Kinagashi is a mediocre reviver, especially unbooked. Genbo just Genboes, although he's geared a bit more fragile for Arena. Genzin is decent for me, but unbooked. This faction may take a while. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 23, 2022, 22:5309/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 22:59(edited)
10/15/20

For me the worst was knights revenant (which you have done!) and skinwalkers. If you get really stuck on any faction please post and good luck.

FW daily runs are well worth doing, for glyphs and perception gear which is top notch.  So it is not a wasted effort at all building to do FW.

Lydia is good, she is worth the effort

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2022, 22:5709/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 22:58(edited)
12/30/20

You're good to go on everything but Shadowkin. Just a matter of gearing/time on the first three. Would I be able to see your full Shadowkin roster?

Also Lydia is way, way worth it. :)

Sep 23, 2022, 23:1709/23/22
02/11/21
trevor.wilson

For me the worst was knights revenant (which you have done!) and skinwalkers. If you get really stuck on any faction please post and good luck.

FW daily runs are well worth doing, for glyphs and perception gear which is top notch.  So it is not a wasted effort at all building to do FW.

Lydia is good, she is worth the effort

I struggled with KR, as well. Had to build Faceless just to do damage, then messed up and put Miscreated Monster's continuous heal right before the boss went, which allowed him to last until the second HP exchange cooldown was due. The whole battle went on for 45 mins total, I think. If I didn't pull Rector a week before, I'd still be stuck on it. 

Skinwalkers was basically thanks to Ragash. I did have to 6* the hippo. Fayne did some good damage, but she was hard to keep alive. Basher was just along for the ride, and Steelskull's job was pretty much to help Fayne.

Sep 23, 2022, 23:2309/23/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

You're good to go on everything but Shadowkin. Just a matter of gearing/time on the first three. Would I be able to see your full Shadowkin roster?

I'll have to access it through my phone, I play on mobile. I have Hotatsu, Genbo and Genzin maxed. Kinagashi 6-starred, Kunoichi is next. I do have Gamuran and Noble, that's about it. May have Jurojin, Umetogi and Chonoru (or something) in the vault. I've come to term with having to highjack gear from other champs, that's why I want to get it over with before I can really start gearing out my champs. 

Hotatsu may get my Rhazin's gear (defensive debuffer), but it's more of a damage dealer whereas I need more HP for the boss, so maybe HP% gloves and chest. 

Genbo is built, Genzin is decent. I'll try to post pics. 

Sep 23, 2022, 23:2809/23/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

Forgot Fenshi. I was actually considering building him for boss battle. He was made for it. His only glaring defect is abysmal defense, and the boss ignores it anyways. And I may use him for FK later on. Other than that, his skills are perfect to beat the boss, but will require booking.

Sep 23, 2022, 23:3409/23/22
02/11/21

i

i

i

i

i

Sep 23, 2022, 23:3509/23/22
02/11/21

I know I still have work to do on them (ascending, farming Spider for accessories, gearing etc.) But that's what I'm working with right now.

Sep 23, 2022, 23:4409/23/22
10/15/20
Balltazer

I'll have to access it through my phone, I play on mobile. I have Hotatsu, Genbo and Genzin maxed. Kinagashi 6-starred, Kunoichi is next. I do have Gamuran and Noble, that's about it. May have Jurojin, Umetogi and Chonoru (or something) in the vault. I've come to term with having to highjack gear from other champs, that's why I want to get it over with before I can really start gearing out my champs. 

Hotatsu may get my Rhazin's gear (defensive debuffer), but it's more of a damage dealer whereas I need more HP for the boss, so maybe HP% gloves and chest. 

Genbo is built, Genzin is decent. I'll try to post pics. 

Once you have run the last stage and finished the faction you will almost never run that stage again so it is fine to move gear around

Hotatsu was in my SK team as well, to be honest hostatsu and toragi were key for me.

Sep 23, 2022, 23:4809/23/22
02/11/21
trevor.wilson

Once you have run the last stage and finished the faction you will almost never run that stage again so it is fine to move gear around

Hotatsu was in my SK team as well, to be honest hostatsu and toragi were key for me.

He was my first Epic, I believe. Or second, I think Hordin was first. I like Hotatsu, I call him Ninja Ghrush (although with his face, I always skip him cause I think he's a Demonspawn), their kits are so similar. I don't have Toragi, I hear he's great. Judging by the boss, He seems squishy, but hard hitting. The key is to not let him kill more than one of mine. The problem is he'll probably target Genbo, and he's my only real damage dealer. 

Sep 23, 2022, 23:5009/23/22
10/15/20
Balltazer

I know I still have work to do on them (ascending, farming Spider for accessories, gearing etc.) But that's what I'm working with right now.

Building gear for champs takes a long time and an insane amount of dragon/fireknight runs, looking at yours - the main things i would say are- speed matters, maybe try and get the speeds up if possible (i know this is easier said than done). If you are short of speed boots then get them from campaign for now.

Also when doing faction wars for the first time i put more HP on the champs than i would in dungeons or arena etc- to  increase their surviveability 

Finally looking at genbo, i am guessing you have crit damage gloves on? that is definitely the way to go but although savage is a great set, it is far more important to get the crit rate up, so if you have other gear that has better crit rate sub states use it, even if it results in a broken set. It will result in more damage.

Anyway hope that helps! and hope you get it done.

Sep 24, 2022, 00:0809/24/22
02/11/21
trevor.wilson

Building gear for champs takes a long time and an insane amount of dragon/fireknight runs, looking at yours - the main things i would say are- speed matters, maybe try and get the speeds up if possible (i know this is easier said than done). If you are short of speed boots then get them from campaign for now.

Also when doing faction wars for the first time i put more HP on the champs than i would in dungeons or arena etc- to  increase their surviveability 

Finally looking at genbo, i am guessing you have crit damage gloves on? that is definitely the way to go but although savage is a great set, it is far more important to get the crit rate up, so if you have other gear that has better crit rate sub states use it, even if it results in a broken set. It will result in more damage.

Anyway hope that helps! and hope you get it done.

I will probably jack 6* speed boots from other champs for the final stages. A couple stacks of silver is easier to come by than farming dungeons for them lol.

Genbo is at 70% crit rate by design, he self buffs 30% and grants himself an extra turn on his A3. He's my second string Arena nuker. 

Sep 24, 2022, 00:2309/24/22
01/15/21

Good point on genbo!

Once again good luck :)

Sep 24, 2022, 00:3709/24/22
02/11/21
Trevor Wilson

Good point on genbo!

Once again good luck :)

Thank you. I'll keep this thread as a journal. Fellow forumites have helped me a lot in completing these crypts. 

Oct 16, 2022, 21:0910/16/22
02/11/21

Shadowkin finished. Just one faction left, waiting on Scyl. I have Tuhanarak geared and ready, have 3 champs at 50 (Soulbond, Armina, Skytouched), gonna start gearing them and slowly making my way up the stars.

Oct 16, 2022, 21:2310/16/22
10/11/20

The speed of your progress is impressive. Finishing FW in 6 months? Took me 11 months. Six months in, i was still struggling with Stage 20 Dragon :D

Oct 30, 2022, 14:4010/30/22
02/11/21
Tyr Anasazi

The speed of your progress is impressive. Finishing FW in 6 months? Took me 11 months. Six months in, i was still struggling with Stage 20 Dragon :D

I spent a bunch of money and watched a lot of videos :) And this forum is a HUGE part of my progress. 

Honestly, the resources available within the Raid community can make one's progress a lot faster. You may have heard me bragging about finishing DTH while you were visiting our clan (Trips' clan). I was stuck on the second Nether Spider, had the champs but didn't know how to use them. They literally walked me through building a team and beating bosses all the way into finishing the whole thing. 

Anyways: it is done, I now have Lydia the Deathsiren. Gonna run Mino until CvC, and then build and book her when it counts. Can't wait to try her out. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 30, 2022, 17:3410/30/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

I spent a bunch of money and watched a lot of videos :) And this forum is a HUGE part of my progress. 

Honestly, the resources available within the Raid community can make one's progress a lot faster. You may have heard me bragging about finishing DTH while you were visiting our clan (Trips' clan). I was stuck on the second Nether Spider, had the champs but didn't know how to use them. They literally walked me through building a team and beating bosses all the way into finishing the whole thing. 

Anyways: it is done, I now have Lydia the Deathsiren. Gonna run Mino until CvC, and then build and book her when it counts. Can't wait to try her out. 

Congrats dude! Lydia is such a huge get. :)

Also, I'm super happy this forum and your clan resources helped you get there.... although "ewwwwwwwww, Trips" lol

Oct 30, 2022, 18:4810/30/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Congrats dude! Lydia is such a huge get. :)

Also, I'm super happy this forum and your clan resources helped you get there.... although "ewwwwwwwww, Trips" lol

She is, can't wait to build her. My biggest challenge now is finding gear for her and Elva. The next few months, it's just a hunt for Perception and Hydra sets lol