All Categories

Tag Team Arena

Tag Team Arena

Search
Aug 25, 2022, 16:1908/25/22
01/29/22

Tag Team Arena

Please help me to understand how i can promote in Tag Arena. I play from a few month, but i never promote from Bronze I, even if my rank was more than 1.500 - 1.600 - 1.700 points.

I do something wrong or can be a bug ???

i

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 25, 2022, 16:2308/25/22
02/24/19

Tag Team only promotes once per week, during the Weekly Reset (this is in the Sunday-Monday timeframe depending on your location)

Your Tag Team indicator needs to be in the Green during the weekly reset, and then you will move up one rank. If it is in the Red during the weekly reset, you will move down one rank.

Aug 25, 2022, 16:4708/25/22
01/29/22

Sorry, i don't understand. Of course is always green. How can be red ?

i

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 25, 2022, 16:4808/25/22
02/24/19
TheFlorin

Sorry, i don't understand. Of course is always green. How can be red ?

i

You aren't very far above the line. You will still need to be Green in 3 days and 13 hours on the reset. IF you are green then, you will move up to Bronze 2.

Aug 25, 2022, 17:0708/25/22
01/29/22

That part is clear for me. 

I did this every week, and yet I never promoted. I'm wodering why ?

And I come back with the question: how can it be indicator red ?

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 25, 2022, 17:2608/25/22
12/30/20
TheFlorin

That part is clear for me. 

I did this every week, and yet I never promoted. I'm wodering why ?

And I come back with the question: how can it be indicator red ?

Just to be clear: are you saying you're in the green at reset time (6 AM UTC on Mondays), and aren't being promoted? As has been stated by Quinn, that is the only time you can go up levels in 3v3/Tag arena.

Red just means you are below the current cut line to stay in your tier, due to insufficient points. 

Aug 25, 2022, 18:0108/25/22
01/29/22

Yes, for sure in the last two weeks i was in green at the reset time. Maybe i was in green even in some weeks before, but i not sure (don't check in the last period before reset).

But, can't understand how can be red, as long as I'm at the last level, I have nowhere to fall from there.

There is no other level below (bronze I).

Aug 25, 2022, 18:0908/25/22
07/22/20

Your defense may be losing a lot.  Beef up your defense.

Aug 25, 2022, 18:1908/25/22
06/25/20
TheFlorin

Yes, for sure in the last two weeks i was in green at the reset time. Maybe i was in green even in some weeks before, but i not sure (don't check in the last period before reset).

But, can't understand how can be red, as long as I'm at the last level, I have nowhere to fall from there.

There is no other level below (bronze I).

The thing is - you may see yourself as being green before you go to bed at night, but if you aren't still green before the actual reset time, it won't matter.

You have two options. Either be significantly above the minimum green level (which of course will be constantly increasing over the week), or stay awake until the reset happens and ensure you're still in green.

As for being in red - you may not notice it yourself, but I can definitely state that as you go higher in levels, you'll face the problem of losing more defensive matches than you win on offense, which may cause you to drop below the minimum to stay at your tag level.

Aug 26, 2022, 12:0908/26/22
02/11/22

One more thing though, you can end the week in the green zone, and still not get promoted. The redistribution of tiers is based on amount of players, therefore, you can be in the green with too many others in the same position as you, and then those who have more points than you get in while you don;t. And if it comes to a tie, the first player who reached that particular score is prioritized.

So what this all means is, to really make sure you move up, make sure that you end the week well above the mark, and it should be fine. The way your bar looks right now, you cannot be sure that this score will be enough.

Aug 26, 2022, 12:2308/26/22
02/28/22
Swiftblade

One more thing though, you can end the week in the green zone, and still not get promoted. The redistribution of tiers is based on amount of players, therefore, you can be in the green with too many others in the same position as you, and then those who have more points than you get in while you don;t. And if it comes to a tie, the first player who reached that particular score is prioritized.

So what this all means is, to really make sure you move up, make sure that you end the week well above the mark, and it should be fine. The way your bar looks right now, you cannot be sure that this score will be enough.

This really arbitary progression route becomes a much bigger issue as you progress through the tiers, and as the places are limited fewer and fewer players move up and down each week, the biggest block is the mission 'Get to G1 in TAG' - there are 7000 places in G1, even if 10% move up each week thats 700 (and I think it's a lot less than that) - but week in week out more and more players will get to this mission, but unlike classic you have this maybe go up maybe not go up and it's only weekly, as said, you can do as much as possible in the week, get to green, and find at reset you're still in the same tier.  Eventually it becomes frustrating and it's not really about 'get gud' as there are in total - TOTAL in four gold tiers 17000 places, so realistically you're trying to achieve gold and be in the top 17000 players 

Aug 26, 2022, 12:4508/26/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Are you sure about this? That shouldn't ever happen. The level for green continues to shift up as more people enter it. The lowest level should always be the lowest point person of the batch that will be promoted.

Aug 26, 2022, 13:0908/26/22
02/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

Are you sure about this? That shouldn't ever happen. The level for green continues to shift up as more people enter it. The lowest level should always be the lowest point person of the batch that will be promoted.

It's likely, as happened to me a few times, I sneak into green but as reset is during my sleep I'm not there at reset, and it's hard enough getting to green without watching my bar go yellow and looking for teams I can beat just before reset - as that's what everyone (who's awake) is also doing

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 26, 2022, 13:1608/26/22
Aug 26, 2022, 16:38(edited)
02/24/19
Swiftblade

This doesn't happen. If you are in the green at EXACTLY reset, you get moved up.

If you've been in the green when you went to bed, and then were offline  hoped to make it.... you might get hit dozens of times in the last few minutes. If you've been just barely green and lose a fight in the last few seconds, or even if someone else wins one, that person may bump you out.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 26, 2022, 13:1608/26/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

This is the way it works. 👍

Aug 26, 2022, 13:2008/26/22
06/25/20
Ratted

It's likely, as happened to me a few times, I sneak into green but as reset is during my sleep I'm not there at reset, and it's hard enough getting to green without watching my bar go yellow and looking for teams I can beat just before reset - as that's what everyone (who's awake) is also doing

No, that is not what he is saying. What he is saying is that even at reset, green wouldn't promote. Your problem is you weren't actually in green at reset, because of that damn sleep problem :)

Aug 26, 2022, 14:0508/26/22
06/20/19
kramaswamy.kr

No, that is not what he is saying. What he is saying is that even at reset, green wouldn't promote. Your problem is you weren't actually in green at reset, because of that damn sleep problem :)

Sleep is so overrated.  Until you reach my age.  Then it's conciousness that's overrated lol.