All Categories

Summer Trials Evaluation

Summer Trials Evaluation

Search
Aug 24, 2022, 08:2908/24/22
02/28/22

Summer Trials Evaluation

I'm hoping that when Plarium evaluate the success or not of this event they will identify what the community has been saying for a while now - Hydra and TAG are the least enjoyable and hence least played of the challenges in the game

TAG is ok at the lower levels, even though they reworked it recently it hasn't helped much the block to move from S4 to G1 which becomes an issue because it's a required mission, basically more and more players will reach this mission and there is not enough - in fact very little - movement between S4 and G1, made much worse because it's a once a week progression with an arbitary progress score.  It should be the same format as normal arena which should help progression

Hydra isn't too bad if it's only for end gamers, but the rewards once you have Mithrala aren't great and imo still far too much randomness involved, I did think the figures would have been better for that but I am guessing it's more the time involved in getting a good score and that a good battle can be destroyed with a minutes bad RNG which would require a start over, I know people in my clan get frustrated and take any score rather than spend another 15 mins on it

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 24, 2022, 13:4008/24/22
02/24/19

Thanks for your feedback Ratted. I'll pass it on.

Aug 24, 2022, 14:1308/24/22
12/19/19

I give summer trials a 10/10, free stuff for doing nothing... if not for Rose enlightening us with updates I would have forgotten all about it.

As for plarium, I don't see that they gained anything. I would give them a 0/10 lol.  They learned nothing, tested nothing,... not sure what they were looking to accomplish still...

As for hydra and tag.  END GAME CONTENT. I don't think this is emphasized enough...

If we simplified the player base into 2 segments roughly described as:

1. End-game, p2p, intensely active

2. Not end-game, f2p, casual 

If you would be classified in group 1 you find hydra and tag as the only enjoyable content. 

All the complaints about hydra and tag come from group 2.  

For the record, I am f2p but in group 1.  I consider myself on border of late/end game.  

Aug 24, 2022, 17:2208/24/22
02/28/22
Trips

I give summer trials a 10/10, free stuff for doing nothing... if not for Rose enlightening us with updates I would have forgotten all about it.

As for plarium, I don't see that they gained anything. I would give them a 0/10 lol.  They learned nothing, tested nothing,... not sure what they were looking to accomplish still...

As for hydra and tag.  END GAME CONTENT. I don't think this is emphasized enough...

If we simplified the player base into 2 segments roughly described as:

1. End-game, p2p, intensely active

2. Not end-game, f2p, casual 

If you would be classified in group 1 you find hydra and tag as the only enjoyable content. 

All the complaints about hydra and tag come from group 2.  

For the record, I am f2p but in group 1.  I consider myself on border of late/end game.  

Agreed, free stuff is always welcome, I would like to think in general they look at the data and in this instance recognise the lack of involvement

Personally I like TAG but I don't like the progression format, building three teams is more taxing than using my speed/nuke team in normal arena.  It's too easy to stay in the upper levels, and whilst on a Monday and Tuesday there are easy teams I can usually get enough points to stay in S4 and hope I can get enough extra to move up - not happened yet though lol - but this stagnation must mean fewer and fewer actually move up each week

I get what you say about Hydra and I'm getting my fragments (slowly) on normal and occasionally the lower chests on the next level, I haven't the roster you have but that's ok, it's just the frustration side that - well - frustrates me, and because it's open to everybody it's a common complaint, they could make the 'normal' head like easy on clan boss and involve a lot more of the player base

Aug 24, 2022, 19:1908/24/22
02/11/21

Let's start with the pros (a.k.a. Thanks for free gifts):

- Easy final event to gain awesome prizes.

And now onto cons (a.k.a. Who did you design this event for?): 

- Terrible community milestones with terrible prizes. They practically created an event for end-game players and expect them to be excited about Rank 4 Chickens....they use epics for rank 4 chickens!!  

- Decent prizes for Dungeons and content genrally considered a waste of energy and time (example: Rank 5 chicken for Ice Golem, Legendary Skill tome for Tag Arena)

- Crappy prizes for content considered good (example: 300 energy for grinding Dragon, 50 XP Brews for Fire Knight, Rank 4 chicken for Spider)

- Lvl 25 minimum, which is considered a waste of energy given the drop rate when compared to lvl 24 and the fact that it excludes most of the players from participating. Same with Tag and Hydra, it's for end-gamers and with limited number of keys/tokens, there's not going to be as much participation.

- Last but not least, AND THIS IS A BIG ONE, PLARIUM, SO PAY ATTENTION: Transparency. I don't know if your marketing team keeps up with the current sentiment, but trust is dwindling. You have hyped people up and dropped the ball one too many times. The constantly increasing summon rush milestones that you keep towards the end of the fusion to put people who already committed on the spot are not fooling anyone. People were asking for a transparent mercy counter for how long? Even on this very event, you managed to fumble the results. At the end of the day, when you say, "grind this now and in a month, you'll have a chance to win these prizes in an event", people don't know what to expect. They don't know if you'll try to squeeze money out of them or put them on another grindfest.