CB Demonlord help for a beginner

Search
Aug 15, 2022, 22:1308/15/22
12/14/19

CB Demonlord help for a beginner

Howdy

So my current team is as follows:

i

The above damage is based on Brutal/Void and I realise I have ALOT to learn. My team composition is all wrong; currently, survivability is awful, and I only get what I get by maxing out poisons.

The issue I have is with limited resources I want to make sure that my time, effort and a little hard-earned cash are pointed in the right direction and here is where I stumble.  I want a better team but I'm struggling to weed out the good/great from the ok/bad.

In what little I've read team composition is only part of it, timing and gear coming up from the rear but would someone be kind enough to at least point me in the right direction for a good foundation team?  I'm hoping I've got the makings of a team that can at least improve on the above.

Champs below

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 15, 2022, 22:2308/15/22
06/25/20

While I'll agree your main problem is your comp - the much bigger problem is you're running level 50 champs in CB. That's bad for so many reasons, but to highlight the two biggest ones - your stats are *way* lower at level 50, and you have no access to the Warmaster or Giantslayer masteries, which are pretty close to mandatory for CB.

In terms of a team, you have a deep enough roster that you can make a decent run at it:

• Fayne (DEF down, ATK down, Weaken, Poison)
  • Deliana (Leech) - turn off A2 and A3
  • Altan (DEF up) - make sure he's slowest
  • Reliquary Tender (stun removal) - make sure she's fastest
  • Richtoff (damage, poison)

I have a feeling there is quite a lot you need to learn about CB, so I suggest reading up on some guides, but the above team should easily be able to get top chest on Nightmare CB. Very important is speed tuning. You want all five of those to be between 170 and 189 speed, and you want Altan to be slowest and Reliquary Tender to be fastest. You want to make sure RQ's A2 is available to use right after CB's stun, and you want to make sure Altan's A2 is ready to use on that same turn. The other three don't matter as much. 

Aug 16, 2022, 08:1508/16/22
Aug 16, 2022, 09:56(edited)
12/14/19

That's awesome, thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction.  I've not really been taking CB seriously but having found the guide on ayumilove I thought if I'm going to have a go I need to start with the right team.

In my ignorance, I'm surprised Royal Guard didn't make the cut or Uugo just based on YT videos but then if I don't have anyone to complement them they won't shine as is.  At first I was like Reliquary Tender? Really! But then it makes sense as has the lowest CD for clearing buffs of anyone in my roster!

Thanks again, feels great to have something to work towards.👍

Aug 16, 2022, 12:1608/16/22
12/14/19

Oh I forgot those in my master vault (not great so probably don't change your recommendation)

i

Aug 16, 2022, 12:3008/16/22
06/25/20

Lol. They completely change it. I'll post a new team in a bit. 

Aug 16, 2022, 13:0208/16/22
12/14/19

Oh sorry, and thanks for your efforts/patience 😁

Aug 16, 2022, 13:0408/16/22
06/25/20

K so new team:

• Skullcrusher (CA, AP) - make him lead and on a 4:3 rotation, so that he can be your stun tank. See deadwoodjedi.com for information on how to set up 4:3 rotations
  • Fayne
  • Deliana
  • Altan
  • Richtoff
Aug 16, 2022, 13:2508/16/22
12/14/19

Thank you. 

At my level do I need to worry about resistance (even though skull will give me a boost) now that I've lost my debuff cleanser?

Aug 16, 2022, 13:2708/16/22
06/25/20
Bimdan

Thank you. 

At my level do I need to worry about resistance (even though skull will give me a boost) now that I've lost my debuff cleanser?

You can't resist the stun, and as for the other debuffs - there's no point in trying. Green is going to be a problem for you because of the speed down, but for now, focus on just getting the other ones to work. The important part is getting the speed tune right.

Aug 16, 2022, 13:3608/16/22
12/14/19

Well that makes sense.

Thought I was being clever using Ultimate Galek as lead to get deliberately stunned but that didn't work as planned :P

Thanks again. 

Aug 17, 2022, 11:4608/17/22
12/14/19

Howdy, during a CW I've pulled Hotatsu and Tatura Rimehide, I assume they don't make a difference?

Aug 17, 2022, 12:4008/17/22
07/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

You can't resist the stun, and as for the other debuffs - there's no point in trying. Green is going to be a problem for you because of the speed down, but for now, focus on just getting the other ones to work. The important part is getting the speed tune right.

you are allways here, helping everyone the best you can. 

There is not a single problem that you dont try your best to answer and help. 

You are more on top on the forum than anyone alse. 

I think you should be promoted to moderator. 

Thats it. 

Aug 17, 2022, 13:2708/17/22
06/25/20
Bimdan

Howdy, during a CW I've pulled Hotatsu and Tatura Rimehide, I assume they don't make a difference?

Tatura, for this team, no. Hotatsu though is interesting. I haven't personally tested it, but it's possible that his passive removes the stun without incurring loss of a turn (with respect to cooldowns) like Skullcrusher does. If so, he would make it much easier to set up, since you wouldn't need to run Skullcrusher on 4:3 - you'd just make Hotatsu the stun target. Also, he can likely take Deliana's place - his A1 does the leech, and with Skullcrusher that should stay active pretty easily. You can then use his A3 on turn 2 of each rotation to complement Altan's DEF up, so that Skullcrusher doesn't lose it on his most vulnerable turn.

Aug 17, 2022, 13:5108/17/22
12/14/19

Thank you, given I get to sidestep the 4:3 setup I will build the following team:

Hotatsu - Lead

Skullcrusher (CA, AP)

Fayne

Altan - Must be slowest

Richtoff

Aug 17, 2022, 14:0608/17/22
06/25/20
Bimdan

Thank you, given I get to sidestep the 4:3 setup I will build the following team:

Hotatsu - Lead

Skullcrusher (CA, AP)

Fayne

Altan - Must be slowest

Richtoff

I would recommend before you actually go about building Hotatsu, that you just experiment first and ensure that the stun removal keeps his cooldown rotation working properly. You can just start a CB run and force-close your app to avoid losing the key.

Actually - I suppose I can do that for you. Give me a bit and I'll run some tests.

Aug 17, 2022, 14:1908/17/22
12/14/19

Yeah I was going to - thanks for the top tip re the key, didn't realise that.  Thanks for going above and beyond, very kind😁.

Can't wait to build this as a sleeper team and then swap out my current one - hopefully a nice surprise for the clan.

Final question, I know the previously stated speed range mentioned is to keep champions firing off in the correct order BUT is it also to ensure things are ticking over in sync with the boss at a given level.  IE keeping the speed order but with higher stats won't work because I'll be out of sync with the boss?

Aug 17, 2022, 15:0208/17/22
06/25/20
Bimdan

Yeah I was going to - thanks for the top tip re the key, didn't realise that.  Thanks for going above and beyond, very kind😁.

Can't wait to build this as a sleeper team and then swap out my current one - hopefully a nice surprise for the clan.

Final question, I know the previously stated speed range mentioned is to keep champions firing off in the correct order BUT is it also to ensure things are ticking over in sync with the boss at a given level.  IE keeping the speed order but with higher stats won't work because I'll be out of sync with the boss?

Okay. So, sadly, I can confirm that Hotatsu's passive works the same way as Skullcrusher WRT the cooldowns - AKA, no go. That said, I think he should still replace Deliana. That A3 will go a long way towards ensuring Skullcrusher doesn't die too early. Just turn off his A2.

As to your second question - I typically don't build team comps to tune for anything lower than Nightmare. The CB speeds are different for each level, and running between 170-189 allows your team to work for both NM and UNM. Unfortunately it probably means it won't work perfecty for Brutal, but usually that doesn't matter - your rotations will be off, but the goalpost for top chest on Brutal is pretty easy to reach.

Aug 17, 2022, 15:4608/17/22
12/14/19

Thank you and understood.  Is Hotatsu still lead in this scenario or Skull?

I'm not planning on building a new team for the same difficulty (all that effort for lower rewards, so will aim for NM at least - probably not viable but Id be happy for UNM on 4 keys :P)

I wish Speed was the one stat you could adjust (drop) as required to reduce the amount of re-gearing/busy work involved.

Aug 17, 2022, 16:4508/17/22
06/25/20
Bimdan

Thank you and understood.  Is Hotatsu still lead in this scenario or Skull?

I'm not planning on building a new team for the same difficulty (all that effort for lower rewards, so will aim for NM at least - probably not viable but Id be happy for UNM on 4 keys :P)

I wish Speed was the one stat you could adjust (drop) as required to reduce the amount of re-gearing/busy work involved.

Either one can be lead - you can use Skullcrusher on non-blue, and Hotatsu on blue.

Aug 18, 2022, 08:3808/18/22
12/14/19

Thank you

Sep 1, 2022, 07:4609/01/22
12/14/19

Howdy, hope you are well :P

Just an update, Fayne is coming along slowly (LVL60, fully ascended and masteries about half done) and I'm about to start on levelling Skull Crusher/Hotatsu.

Question, I pulled Fahrakin the Fat, does that change things at all?