All Categories

Possibility to get/buy a specific champion?

Search
Aug 15, 2022, 14:1708/15/22
07/12/22

As the title says..is there a way..if i want a specific champion to get him/her?

or is the only way to farm and farm and hope that this champion is in one of the splitters?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 15, 2022, 14:4108/15/22
02/11/21

During Guaranteed Champion events, you can summon a designated amount of certain shards to get the event champion. Other than that, no guarantees. 

Gacha games profit exactly from that - no guarantees. So they rely on consumers to keep trying because we humans are a hopeful bunch, so luck trumps mathematics in our behavior. 

Aug 15, 2022, 14:4908/15/22
06/25/20

There are some champs you can farm campaign for - but they're just rare champs, and, for the most part, the only reason you'd want to farm for them is because they are pieces of a fusion champ.

Aug 15, 2022, 15:0308/15/22
04/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

There are some champs you can farm campaign for - but they're just rare champs, and, for the most part, the only reason you'd want to farm for them is because they are pieces of a fusion champ.

elitiest attitude

"just rares" include all the starter champs, and also last throughout the game as you improve them

also tell that to apothocary that he is just a rare

you need something to start with when you first begin the game

one can live on rares for quite awhile, especially when all the game hype of fake promises does not fan out

Aug 15, 2022, 15:0608/15/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

elitiest attitude

"just rares" include all the starter champs, and also last throughout the game as you improve them

one can live on rares for quite awhile, especially when all the game hype of fake promises does not fan out

Lol. Okay buddy. Did I say all rare champs are not worth using?

Please read before throwing out comments like that. I specifically said that the only reason you'd want to farm *for the campaign rares* is for pieces of the fusion champ. And I even more specifically said "for the most part". Are there exceptions? Sure. Every so often you'll have a need for Heiress for a very specific CB team, for example. But 99% of the campaign rares that you can farm are only useful for fusions. The remaining ones are not useful at all.

Aug 15, 2022, 16:4408/15/22
02/11/21
End Is Near

elitiest attitude

In the context of the post (context being that a person is willing to pay money to acquire a specific champion), I highly doubt that the champion they are keen on paying money to acquire is a rare champion. That is not to say that rare champions are worthless, but when someone is p2w, they are "just rares" indeed. Coldheart being possibly the only exception. 

What I'm trying to say is that calling them "just rares" is no more "elitist" than willing to pay for a specific champion which is where the bar is set for this conversation.  

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 15, 2022, 17:3108/15/22
12/30/20
End Is Near

elitiest attitude

I'm pretty sure what Kram meant is you can farm ONLY rares. Nothing more.

As for guaranteed or getting specific champs without (purely) opening shards. Off the top of my head:

Fusions, whether they be a time sensitive one or one such as Rhazin/Broadmaw

Farmable rares

Guaranteed champions tied to shard opening events, though this is a much later on in game concept

Sometimes, champions will show up in tournaments as a top prize though these are often quite difficult.

Aug 15, 2022, 18:1008/15/22
Aug 15, 2022, 20:20(edited)
01/04/20

In case anyone was wondering, an elitist would sound like...

It's really easy, just pull shards until you get enough duplicate legendaries to buy one of the shop legendaries. That's how I got Sir Nick, and I still have 67 duplicates left!

Aug 15, 2022, 20:3208/15/22
Aug 15, 2022, 20:33(edited)
07/12/22

well...pull shards...yeah...i now have about 15 shards....ok, i play for 4 weeks...seems a very long way to go and the campions i can "earn" with shards are not the champions i long to get. if i play a game i wanna have fun..and sure "nice" characters...i dont want to look all time at a als scelett or zombie with bones coming out...thats no fun for me..i was wondering how to get some nice beauty warriors - there are some at the bannerlords and high elves and dark elves.

another question to the "elite" or rare champions...would it be better to level up a "ordinary" champion with maybe 2 (skills) instead one with 4 plus aura, that i never use or 2 of the skills dont make damage? i mean..i have seen in arenas very often kind of "magics" enabling buffs and debuffs and in the next move they are smashed to pieces because the didnt to damage to the enemy.

to heal some champions is nice..but for example..when i fight the arena boss and use a 23% more attack aura i dont get so much damage instead i use a 33% more lp champ as chief. the team is always the same..it took only some seconds "longer" to make the little but damage - but it is more damage - so i would be happier if i dont have the 23% attack champ instead another without aura that does make simply damage.

ok..but thats offtopic now...just my thoughts btw.

i hoped theres a way for e.g. to get this lady with the extra skin "blood skin"..miss...blabla..dont know the name, but you can buy the skin now for 25,-....it looks realy good..but it dont make sense of me to buy the skin when i maybe never get the champion...

@harbby: "to buy one of the shop legendaries"....i ve never seen a legendaries to buy in the shop????

Aug 15, 2022, 21:4908/15/22
01/04/20
Deleted

well...pull shards...yeah...i now have about 15 shards....ok, i play for 4 weeks...seems a very long way to go and the campions i can "earn" with shards are not the champions i long to get. if i play a game i wanna have fun..and sure "nice" characters...i dont want to look all time at a als scelett or zombie with bones coming out...thats no fun for me..i was wondering how to get some nice beauty warriors - there are some at the bannerlords and high elves and dark elves.

another question to the "elite" or rare champions...would it be better to level up a "ordinary" champion with maybe 2 (skills) instead one with 4 plus aura, that i never use or 2 of the skills dont make damage? i mean..i have seen in arenas very often kind of "magics" enabling buffs and debuffs and in the next move they are smashed to pieces because the didnt to damage to the enemy.

to heal some champions is nice..but for example..when i fight the arena boss and use a 23% more attack aura i dont get so much damage instead i use a 33% more lp champ as chief. the team is always the same..it took only some seconds "longer" to make the little but damage - but it is more damage - so i would be happier if i dont have the 23% attack champ instead another without aura that does make simply damage.

ok..but thats offtopic now...just my thoughts btw.

i hoped theres a way for e.g. to get this lady with the extra skin "blood skin"..miss...blabla..dont know the name, but you can buy the skin now for 25,-....it looks realy good..but it dont make sense of me to buy the skin when i maybe never get the champion...

@harbby: "to buy one of the shop legendaries"....i ve never seen a legendaries to buy in the shop????

In the Guardian Ring there is a shop. I wasn't being serious in my reply, it would be far too expensive to try to get these as they require you to sacrifice duplicate legendaries to get the tokens needed. 

i