All Categories

Hard to believe I got up to Gold 5 from Bronze.

Search
Aug 13, 2022, 14:4808/13/22
04/12/21

It was some time ago that the game was supposedly infested with bots and many were able to run their scores up high into Gold region. Then the bottom dropped out of that market and many like myself tumbled from Gold 4 down into nether realms of Hades. I had left the game for at least 6 months pretty discouraged.  Within past month I decided to sign in and see how things looked.  I found that all my champs were intact but I had tumbled down to Bronze due to inactivity.  

Upon looking around, I don't think I saw bots per se but quite a few low power teams (LPTs), mainly consisting of solo champs in arena and later on a multitude of solo arbiters. So I started methodically just attacking those LPTs. Little by little I found myself working up through the ranks. Lo and behold I just kept going and going like Forrest Gump.  All along my arena offense has stayed about 150k, and I am surrounded by many with much higher power. But the solo arbiters and Duchess, etc are about 50k or so and easy to beat.  Eventually as I got back up to gold I was able to get back to earning medals for the GH. So just plodding along I am up in Gold 5, and was able to boost my champs that way.  

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 13, 2022, 16:1208/13/22
02/11/22

Yup I did the same thing. The way the arena has been "fixed" a couple months ago is perfect. It now rewards anyone who is diligent in using all his daily tokens. Before that, things were really difficult with no cap on losses in any of the levels.

As i understand it right now, in gold there doesnt seem to be a cap, but if there's one, i'd say it hovers at about one attack on your team each hour, on average. So about 20-28 losses is about the max you'll suffer each day. If you win most of the 39 free tokens they give you, you'll always be ahead of the curve.

Aug 13, 2022, 17:0408/13/22
04/12/21

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I pretty much lose almost all the times I get attacked, but am able to keep up with the crunch.  And I try to keep a margin above what I would get reset back to once a week.  But I am not scared, I do not have to beat folks 2 or 3 times my strength, eventually the LPTs start showing up.  The losses come in waves, a bunch in an hour and then none for like 5 or 6 hours.

Now that I get 4 gold medals per turn it still seems too slow.

Aug 13, 2022, 17:3108/13/22
02/11/22

Ya, and btw, here's a tip, keep a stash of 800-1000 medals in your bank. On the 4th level of Arbiter missions, you'll need to level up (when asked, not in advance) a GH level to 8 then 9 then 10. I think one of your best options is to choose the affinity you're strongest in, and raise that one in Accuracy to 10.